Will muse ever go back to guitar driven music as opposed to synth orientated music?

henners

When I discovered Muse I bought their whole discography. Maybe its because I never used to listen to music, and suddenly I loved everything they did. But I've always considered their work as a whole, not album by album, but perhaps thats because I've only counted down for the latest album. I see Muse's work as a broad timeline of different styles of music, every album is so different, and I like that. Everyone prefers different Muse styles, for example, I like the classical orientated stuff, and space stuff.

What is probably the problem is that the setlists are mostly the newer songs, which means only certain people get the style they like best. If Muse played songs from a variety of albums, it wouldnt be a problem, because everyone could enjoy the gigs more.

It's called 'progressive rock' for a reason.

Who knows what it'll evolve to in the future...

That's not what progressive rock is at all. It does not mean a different sound on each album and each song is different, it just means the song "progresses" or "evolves", so you don't have repeated sections and new ideas being brought into the song all the time and more of a journey through the song.

If you stuck a generic pop song and a punk rock song next to each other on an album, you wouldn't be "progressive", if you made a jazz album, then a minimal techno album, you wouldn't be "progressive".

No, you didn't just say that.. :stunned:

(And it was a joke anyway)

Awww :(

Beyonce is a hugely underrated singer. And I don't think I've heard a bad Destiny's Child mashup :LOL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXGSBpMHcpA

:D

That's not what progressive rock is at all. It does not mean a different sound on each album and each song is different, it just means the song "progresses" or "evolves", so you don't have repeated sections and new ideas being brought into the song all the time and more of a journey through the song.

I'm going to KILL my music teacher. Thats what they fucking said progressive rock is.

Exactly. Going back to guitar/drums/bass would be falling all the way back to Showbiz.

But I like Showbiz! I don't think Showbiz is boring too.

Maybe JUST guitar/drum/bass would be a little exaggerating...

But I have doubts that it will be just guitar/drums/bass, you know, since Muse changes with each album released...

But I have doubts that it will be just guitar/drums/bass, you know, since Muse changes with each album released...

Please explain that part. How does guitar/drums/bass mean that they can't do something new?

Maybe they should start experimenting again, can't stand this ultra commercial thing they are going for to be honest, we want music, music that we're proud to jump up and down to, bang our head to, mosh to, for crying out loud BHAR sounds experimental compared to TR.

Sadly they are onto this like a dog in heat, as long as they are with warner and as long as they become more household name. Now I liked the weird costumes and all recently, but they seem to try a bit too hard at being the people that they used to be, funny, not afraid to do weird shit like take shrooms and smash shit up on live and kicking.

And of course this is trolling..... because it's actually based on observations.....we know, we know.

my personal view is that they do need to drop the weird gaga style live show, even after being to one i think it was a bit too much :L we want the music, some cool lighting and that kinda thing...ok tbh i loved the rising platforms but i think that video suit bellamy has been wearing is a bit odd :L and the damned 2 necked guitar and keytar just annoy me. just my view, piano (Y) bass (Y) guitar (Y) drums (Y) a bit of back drop synth like in starlight or bliss is cool, but not too much, i don't know, just wait and see what they do i guess :)

Maybe they should start experimenting again, can't stand this ultra commercial thing they are going for to be honest, we want music, music that we're proud to jump up and down to, bang our head to, mosh to, for crying out loud BHAR sounds experimental compared to TR.

Sadly they are onto this like a dog in heat, as long as they are with warner and as long as they become more household name. Now I liked the weird costumes and all recently, but they seem to try a bit too hard at being the people that they used to be, funny, not afraid to do weird shit like take shrooms and smash shit up on live and kicking.

And of course this is trolling..... because it's actually based on observations.....we know, we know.

TR is just as experimental as BHaR imo. Things like Exogenesis were ideas they came up with before BHaR anyway, but a lot of TR does feel like a higher quality extension of BHaR.

Muse include a bit of both in their music, and they always have. I think that's what makes their signature sound.

And personally, I wouldn't want them to go backwards. I also think they probably shouldn't keep going forwards in the direction of certain songs (like NSC, which I actually quite enjoy, but I don't want them to totally descend into cheese...), so I'd rather they do something quite different from anything they've done previously. And I like to think that's perfectly possible.

Archived