Manson Custom T Mirror

rockandroll

it's funny, if you look at the MB1s headstock the Manson logo is always at a weird angle whereas the ones Mansons do themselves are always straight.

never noticed that...

speaking of details like that, i wonder why this one has unusual features for a manson?

http://mansons.co.uk/shopping/categories/second-hand-electric-guitars/manson/pre-owned-classic-t-quilt-top-electric-guitar/

headstock shape, truss rod at top, etc....maybe it was a request

it's funny, if you look at the MB1s headstock the Manson logo is always at a weird angle whereas the ones Mansons do themselves are always straight.

I know, its another reason I'm really not that keen on the MB1. It just has a bit too much of produced rather than handbuilt feel to it to me :erm:

I know, its another reason I'm really not that keen on the MB1. It just has a bit too much of produced rather than handbuilt feel to it to me :erm:

Thats why I didnt go for an MB-1, IM happy with my Kaoss tele, I may get my FF built in at a later date and ill def get a kill switch(push) put in when I send it to Mansons for a setup in about 6 months or so. Im assuming the slanted Manson Logo is deliberate to signify its a Signature and that the neck is not handbuilt like the other customs

Thats why I didnt go for an MB-1, IM happy with my Kaoss tele, I may get my FF built in at a later date and ill def get a kill switch(push) put in when I send it to Mansons for a setup in about 6 months or so. Im assuming the slanted Manson Logo is deliberate to signify its a Signature and that the neck is not handbuilt like the other customs

Is your kaoss tele a Manson build mate? I agree with your observation about the logo by the way, I'd wondered something similar..:happy:

Its a Modified Squier J5 simno, love your youtube channel btw :) im gonna get a custom build next year finances permitting, I have the design etc in my head just need to speak to Tim or Hugh so they can sketch my ideas until they get what im after ( I cant draw for shit :/ )

James I check it often however im checking it a lot at the mo to see when the Custom T is taken off the site as I will then know they have shipped it hehe, ill have the guitar on Monday hopefully, was too short notice for them to have it ready for Friday delivery and im not paying £40 for Saturday delivery :)

Its a Modified Squier J5 simno, love your youtube channel btw :) im gonna get a custom build next year finances permitting, I have the design etc in my head just need to speak to Tim or Hugh so they can sketch my ideas until they get what im after ( I cant draw for shit :/ )

James I check it often however im checking it a lot at the mo to see when the Custom T is taken off the site as I will then know they have shipped it hehe, ill have the guitar on Monday hopefully, was too short notice for them to have it ready for Friday delivery and im not paying £40 for Saturday delivery :)

why not?! haha

and i'm not sure if they'll take it off the site when it ships - one of the guitars i bought was there for a good six months after i got it.

Yes! Congrats man! ;)

and that is true

thx

i'll post what i think of it - i'm sure it's a great guitar, but what i'm curious about is the sound. he described it as mid heavy i think. the ash tele is definitely a mid heavy guitar - sounds more like a LP than a tele

i recall him also mentioning he was considering 1 meg pots to add some more brightness. i found the nailbomb to be bright with 500k pots..hmm

i've only had one walnut bodied guitar before, which was an old SG (i think the neck was also walnut). can't remember much about it.

thx

i'll post what i think of it - i'm sure it's a great guitar, but what i'm curious about is the sound. he described it as mid heavy i think. the ash tele is definitely a mid heavy guitar - sounds more like a LP than a tele

i recall him also mentioning he was considering 1 meg pots to add some more brightness. i found the nailbomb to be bright with 500k pots..hmm

i've only had one walnut bodied guitar before, which was an old SG (i think the neck was also walnut). can't remember much about it.

Trust me you've made a good choice :) I know you said the Bigsby put you off before and it put me off when choosing a guitar to try with the FF but after a few minutes I got used to it and after making my mind up on the FF I just played the guitar because of how nice it is. :)

Trust me you've made a good choice :) I know you said the Bigsby put you off before and it put me off when choosing a guitar to try with the FF but after a few minutes I got used to it and after making my mind up on the FF I just played the guitar because of how nice it is. :)

cool, i don't mind bigsbys to be honest - i just wouldn't use it too often. how did the guitar sound?

thx

I think you'll be pretty pleased :)

cool, i don't mind bigsbys to be honest - i just wouldn't use it too often. how did the guitar sound?

It sounded quite nice to me and the clean was really clear sounding and it handled the FF well, Can't give much of an answer concerning mids etc. because I was too busy thinking about the pedal. :p

nice, what amp did you have it plugged into?

i really didn't like the nailbomb for cleans - might sound different with this guitar though

Nailbomb is very nasal and thin on cleans I find, what is strange is the sustainer humbucker in the neck of me black guitar gives a lovely clean tone. :eek:

nice, what amp did you have it plugged into?

i really didn't like the nailbomb for cleans - might sound different with this guitar though

I had it plugged into a Diezel Herbert. :)

When I eventually get my new Tele I plan to put a Nailbomb in it for distortion and another pickup for Clean but i'm not sure what to go for at the moment. :/

Is the MBK2 any better for cleans? :eek: I'd like to be able to get at at least a respectable clean tone from my MB-1... :$

I've heard from various people on these boards that the MBK2 is a very good pickup distorted and clean, much better than the nailbomb at least.

MBK2 is pretty good clean as far as humbuckers go at least.

indeed - they're nice when coil tapped as well. I don't think the MB-1 has a coil tap though.

Oh and also, Tim's included two 1 meg pots in case the guitar's too dark sounding - I'm a bit curious if this isn't the stock wind nailbomb. I've always known that pickup to be bright and cutting.

Archived