Manson Custom T Mirror

rockandroll

Cool stuff man, hit me up with it when you're done and I'll input it at this end :LOL:

i've only done about half so far - i'm wondering if it's worth the $5.

it just doesn't seem like it because it used to be free, and had a lot more features back then!

edit:

my bad. one of the characters i chose costs money :stunned:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JozRRZWKJk0

haha, probably will redo it at some point when i can be bothered thinking up something better

musclemuse00, just wondering...do you know if they actually do mirrored headstocks at all now? or was that just because the neck was already finished?

which btw was odd, because that mirror topped strat type sherpa_man had was modified for the mirrored headstock after it was completed (headstock was previously satin black). was £310 or something crazy like that though.

When I asked about getting a shattered mirrored front for the MB-1 tim said that they wouldnt be able to do a mirrored headstock due to the thickness being off (needs to be done as its being made). I guess I'd have to get a new neck made if I wanted it... - So I assume they do do mirrored headstocks.

They can always take 3mm off the finished headstock! I've done it to one of mine. Mansons like making excuses for stuff they'd rather not do now they don't need the extra business. :LOL:

Exactly, they've got to take thickness off the headstock anyway to bring it to the proper thickness so it shouldn't be to hard to take an extra 3mm off.

musclemuse00, just wondering...do you know if they actually do mirrored headstocks at all now? or was that just because the neck was already finished?

They simply said "The headstock is finished so we couldn't mirror front it but we could refinish it in a different colour if you wanted and reapply the logo"

But as others have stated it can be done, Sims charge about £150 to chrome/mirror a headstock so theres no reason why it cant be done, Hugh said black respray would be best and now I have the guitar Im glad I took his advice.

James my fingerboard oil came today :) any advice on how much and how often it should be applied?

just put a tiny bit on a cloth and wipe it on. then leave it a minute or two and wipe it off again. and do it as often as you think it needs it. shouldnt really need it more than twice a year

yeah, though i do it a little more often than that, and depending how dry the fretboard is, i might leave it on for a bit longer.

i'm only using fret doctor from now on - a lot easier to work with and it doesn't dry out as fast as other stuff i've used.

i usually do mine every time i change the strings, i'm not sure if there's such a thing as doing it too much?

i've heard some people do that - you can't do it too much apparently, it just won't soak it up is all. just wipe off the extra oil.

I was considering purchasing this as well

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ax-Wax-Electric-Guitar-Polish-String-Lube-2-in-1-/320578231832?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV

Seems to do everything :) hope theres not a catch

i'd use stuff specifically for the fretboard to be honest. there's always a chance that you could end up with something that turns your frets a weird color, so use something that you know is good

i'm using this stuff

http://www.beafifer.com/boredoctor.htm

i haven't used the stuff mansons has, but it's probably fine

I was considering purchasing this as well

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ax-Wax-Electric-Guitar-Polish-String-Lube-2-in-1-/320578231832?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV

Seems to do everything :) hope theres not a catch

Whether it's just being over cautious or not I'd be a bit wary of anything that's claiming to be a clean-anything product like this. Doesn't seem right that the same product should be perfect for conditioning the fretboard as well as protecting the frets and strings, lubricating the tuners and polishing the finish. Those just seem like too diverse a range of applications. Having said that I'd more than be happy to be wrong, all of that for under a tenner is a bargain!

Archived