Manson Custom T Mirror

rockandroll

nah, i've seen that picture before :stunned: it's photoshopped.

Simno, what pickups did you specifically go for on the newest guitar? BKP-90s? or the 91s or 92s?

Not entirely sure what Matt uses.

90's, I'm not sure what Matt uses either - but I got the impression when chatting to Tim it was 90's too.

90's, I'm not sure what Matt uses either - but I got the impression when chatting to Tim it was 90's too.

That's cool - has he said anything specific about that pickup configuration? It's a bit of a head scratcher.

I did speak to him yesterday about something else actually, and I ended up asking about the Starkaster...that's one of the three I'm considering. The other two would be customs.

Please god tell me, that's not really dom?!

Nah, I just put Dom's face on there in Paint Shop Pro 7. Made it way back for that "Lolz thread" in Other Muse... I don't really do that now, got kinda old :p

Anyway, fuck offtopic, I think this guitar looks rather lovely :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey All, Im Getting The Headstock painted black with silver Logo, Pickguard mirrored albeit without the crack effect. The pickguard is there to cover routing etc so cant remove it. Price is higher than normal as its made from the now (very?) rare Brazillian Mahogany which gives guitars superb tone (thats why the MB-1 is alder not Mahogany as they prob cant get enough to make 25 guitars every year). pics and vids will follow as soon as I get the time to do them :)

Hey All, Im Getting The Headstock painted black with silver Logo, Pickguard mirrored albeit without the crack effect. The pickguard is there to cover routing etc so cant remove it. Price is higher than normal as its made from the now (very?) rare Brazillian Mahogany which gives guitars superb tone (thats why the MB-1 is alder not Mahogany as they prob cant get enough to make 25 guitars every year). pics and vids will follow as soon as I get the time to do them :)

nice, that wood definitely has a nice sound to it. 'punchy' is a good word to describe it...

analogue...organic...SOLDANO...etc (sorry, you probably won't get that joke)

i don't know how much it drives up the price compared to ash for example - matt's red glitter is made of ash, but they still made the MB-1s with alder as ash can be inconsistent apparently

That's cool - has he said anything specific about that pickup configuration? It's a bit of a head scratcher.

I did speak to him yesterday about something else actually, and I ended up asking about the Starkaster...that's one of the three I'm considering. The other two would be customs.

Ooh I tried the Starkcaster the other day when I was on holiday in Devon. It's the nicest guitar i've ever played I'd definately recommend it to anyone. :)

Ooh I tried the Starkcaster the other day when I was on holiday in Devon. It's the nicest guitar i've ever played I'd definately recommend it to anyone. :)

Nice, did you try any Mansons? (if they had any - it looks like they might only have the prototype MB-1, and the stealth DC, which was actually built by Tim as well)

Nice, did you try any Mansons? (if they had any - it looks like they might only have the prototype MB-1, and the stealth DC, which was actually built by Tim as well)

Sadly not I didn't see the Stealth and the MB-1 was in a rotating cabinet by the door as you enter. Are you planning on having a guitar posted or for a trip there?

Sadly not I didn't see the Stealth and the MB-1 was in a rotating cabinet by the door as you enter. Are you planning on having a guitar posted or for a trip there?

Yeah, I'm hoping to go sometime within the next year - I might get the starkaster, but I'm not sure at the moment

musclemuse00, did you get the guitar yet? don't tell me you're still waiting :p either you haven't got it, or you've got it and are too busy playing it to share it with us :(

as for the starkaster, i'd try it out first if i could, but i'm sure it's a brilliant guitar. i wonder what the neck profile is like compared to the mansons....not sure whether a different profile was used, or the "fits like a glove" profile....haha

personally i'd leave the black pickguard - it would match the headstock nicely.

+1 plus personally, I couldn't help thinking it would look a little tacky if the back was wood, all the front was mirror and a black headstock...but then stuff tends to grow on me :LOL:

personally i'd leave the black pickguard - it would match the headstock nicely.

+1, I like that black pickguard, I personally think a pickguard that matches the colour of the body is a design fail anyway, except on all white guitars...

Here are some pics Tim sent me today, im gonna keep the black pickguard, just gotta work out a suitable delivery date now. Tim said they might be short on boxes as they have recently sent out a shed load of stuff (MB-1's perhaps?) I'll upload some vids to my youtube channel when I get time to make a vid of it :)

Headstock.thumb.jpg.041cf71bd0179964c3909d3d945e439d.jpg

33545227_Headstockandneck.thumb.jpg.6aae02d5fa70c267af92e4f8873a829a.jpg

1677020497_Headstockangle.thumb.jpg.c29ac245bb3ad08d343b6035723ca374.jpg

Archived