geege_216

well not death metal but it suits like metallica , and i believe disturbed guitarist uses one , ao that kinda metal :)

No, he was expressing confusion at your use of the word "soapbar" to describe your guitar. Your guitar ISN'T a soapbar, but it HAS one.

it can do actually. they both work on the exact same principle; pitch modulation.

Yeah, but the Whammy is digital and won't exactly replicate the tone that you would get from a true vibrato bridge.

Also, screw doing the flutters on Knights of Cydonia with your foot. I'd start cramping up half way through :LOL:

Yeah, but the Whammy is digital and won't exactly replicate the tone that you would get from a true vibrato bridge.

Also, screw doing the flutters on Knights of Cydonia with your foot. I'd start cramping up half way through :LOL:

:facepalm:

You obviously wouldn't use a whammy instead of a vibrato bridge. If you wanted vibrato without a vibrato bridge, you COULD use a whammy to the same effect (if you want to be that particular about it, you could also utilise the midi option) or use a vibrato pedal, or use the vibrato on an amp. Obviously they're all stupidly awkward options, but they're options never the less.

I highly doubt the Disturbed guy uses something with p90s

he does it might not be the soapbar but im 100% sure its a prs

yeah KOC is the only one with whammy that been said i think the chorus of hysteria can sound good if you strum then whammy at the end of each chord :)

If geege is still here:

you might want to try warmoth. Body blank and a blank headstock neck (forgot the Name...). Any guy who owns a router can work out the non-standard warmoth options you'd need. You could start only with an mbk, later add the sustainer ad effect wankery ;)

^

This.

You just helped a young German bassist out of the famous „What the hell was the name“ situation. Doh. ;)

By the way, you were the one who wanted a large keyboard for 200, weren't you?

Depending on your needs besides the piano sim you might eventually want to check out the Casio WK-110, M-Audio Prokeys Sono and the Thomann Stage Piano. (Especially the last one sounds/feels quite decent for the price...)

Okay, back to topic. For 700 you could eventually get a PADDLE neck+body blank+o

ne Bare Knuckle Pickup+ not too expansive hardware. If you don't mind doing some research and working things out yourself this sounds like a great option to me. You'll be able to „upgrade“

Sustainer, MIDI Screen, effects, more pickups later on anyway...

Who came up with these tags?:rolleyes:

:facepalm:

You obviously wouldn't use a whammy instead of a vibrato bridge. If you wanted vibrato without a vibrato bridge, you COULD use a whammy to the same effect (if you want to be that particular about it, you could also utilise the midi option) or use a vibrato pedal, or use the vibrato on an amp. Obviously they're all stupidly awkward options, but they're options never the less.

That's pretty much what I was trying to say.

OP, I don't know anything about Disturbed. But a few quick google searches tell me that the guitarist uses humbuckers in his signature washburn. Also there was a few pictures with him playing a PRS which had humbuckers installed and everywhere I look it says he uses Seymour Duncan pickups, which exact model, I don't know. But I haven't found anything about him using P90s.

^

This.

You just helped a young German bassist out of the famous „What the hell was the name“ situation. Doh. ;)

By the way, you were the one who wanted a large keyboard for 200, weren't you?

Depending on your needs besides the piano sim you might eventually want to check out the Casio WK-110, M-Audio Prokeys Sono and the Thomann Stage Piano. (Especially the last one sounds/feels quite decent for the price...)

No problem, and thank you at the same time. I'll check them out :)

:-|

he actually the whole vibrato

• 1 month later...
james, well i have contacted tronical themselves a few times about the kits as you used to be able to buy them in kits(either 6 in line for fender or 3-aside for gibson) but since gibson started the darkfire project they have a deal where they just manufacture them for gibson guitars and dont sell the kits anymore which is a bit annoying!! i guess matt/hugh had the the kit for the new chrome kaoss guitar laying around a while as its been a year or more since they stopped the kits.

I emailed Gibson a couple of days ago on this and they said they were working on a Tronical kit to release for individual sale :eek:

I emailed Gibson a couple of days ago on this and they said they were working on a Tronical kit to release for individual sale :eek:

well i hope they do a 6 in line version then!! and get saving, they were £600 when they were for sale originally so they arent cheap to buy just to have your guitar tune automatically!!

Archived