Brisbane Entertainment Centre, Are you going?  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Brisbane Entertainment Centre, Are you going?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

From what I've read in the other thread, people are suggesting like 9 or 10 am just to be sure.

(This is why I also like seats...I'd love to hang out with new people for the day, but lining up for hours...I'm not that dedicated a fan :$).

I really want to line up all day and chat to musers, but my brother and sister will just complain about everything so we will have to show up later in the day.

Still tossing up between GA and seats. Seats were good at Green Day because we got shirts beforehand and could leave them under our seats, BUT I felt really exposed dancing. There were two older guys beside me, they were dancing really awkwardly and when I saw them I wondered if I too looked like that, so I got all self conscious and stopped. If we do go GA though, I would rather hang at the back so we can see them on the towers and didn't have to be bashing up against people all night. And it will give me extra space to dance/my brother and sister will ditch me for being embarrassing lol.

Still tossing up between GA and seats. Seats were good at Green Day because we got shirts beforehand and could leave them under our seats, BUT I felt really exposed dancing. There were two older guys beside me, they were dancing really awkwardly and when I saw them I wondered if I too looked like that, so I got all self conscious and stopped. If we do go GA though, I would rather hang at the back so we can see them on the towers and didn't have to be bashing up against people all night. And it will give me extra space to dance/my brother and sister will ditch me for being embarrassing lol.

I'm the same, I had seats for Pink and they were alright but wasn't in the best area...so I'd have to make sure I knew exactly where I wanted to sit.

And awkward dancing in amazing :) don't be self conscious about it, we all do it, and when Muse hits our shores I'll be in my awkward embarrassing dance element :D so come find me at the gig and we can go crazy together

I really want to line up all day and chat to musers, but my brother and sister will just complain about everything so we will have to show up later in the day.

Yeah, chatting to people who might just be on the board too would be ace! There is so much to talk about :awesome:

I'm not too self-conscious when I dance, so if the people beside me care to look, that's their problem not mine.

I have no choice but seats so I can enjoy the gig and not worry about getting injured and I can see something other than the back of some tall person's head :p

Being at the back of GA is a VERY good idea if you can still see! :happy:

:facepalm: God, I just realised I'm not even subscribed to the mailing list. is that why my friend keeps getting all these emails about the tours and I don't? :LOL: *joins mailing list* Imagine me not getting the codes :rolleyes:

A "Hello, I'm from the forum and my name is *username*" sticker? :chuckle:

:LOL:! Or we will just be the conspicuous ones smiling like dorks and jumping around etc. I will be wearing this shirt http://muse.mu/shop/product/184/girls-album-artwork-logo-t-shirt/menu/13/womens/ :awesome: Actually my aim overall is to look like Dom in HAARP, so green pants and white/black converse. But I don't think Dom would wear a Muse shirt...

I'm taking a long shot and wearing a low cut singlet and mid/short skirt on the extreme off chance they hand out passes to an after show... :shifty:

You know what they say about choosing people for those things....

I'll most likely be jumping around the line going "Hi! :D do bananas and ceiling dom mean anything to you??"

:LOL: That sounds so awesome!

I'm going to try and get some nice coloured skinnies, probably have to be bigger than my current pant size to accomodate my unseemly legs... and I'll be wearing my Muse tee that my teacher got me from the last Brizzy show :awesome: Nametags sound great, but I won't be lining up with you guys :(

I'd love it if the person sitting next to me was from the board, it'd be a bloody coincidence :D

I'm taking a long shot and wearing a low cut singlet and mid/short skirt on the extreme off chance they hand out passes to an after show... :shifty:

You know what they say about choosing people for those things....

So we have to skank it up in order to meet them? Would be worth it, but my brother will have to come with me and we can't really skank him up.... though he is going through a metro phase so he might make the cut :p

/me looking like Dom might be a turn off = no after party

So we have to skank it up in order to meet them? Would be worth it, but my brother will have to come with me and we can't really skank him up.... though he is going through a metro phase so he might make the cut :p

/me looking like Dom might be a turn off = no after party

Well I wouldn't put it past your brother to impress Dom anyway, :chuckle: and also Dom is a major turn on to himself, so looking like him could only help you further... :LOL:

I kid, I kid. Love you Dom.

So let me get this straight:

- i've signed up for the muse mailing list, which is going to send us something (unsure what exactly) before Friday.

- I've just signed up at the Ticketek website and I can't put in my payment details...can you even do that? would save a lot of time.

- I'm still unsure as to how the seating plan goes, the BEC seems to have several different kinds of layout. can we choose specific seats we wanna sit in? or is it just a matter of clicking on for example "gold" and getting whatever?

I'm finding out things as I go along, sorry for sounding so perdantic but a well-informed fan has the most fun :p

So let me get this straight:

- i've signed up for the muse mailing list, which is going to send us something (unsure what exactly) before Friday.

- I've just signed up at the Ticketek website and I can't put in my payment details...can you even do that? would save a lot of time.

- I'm still unsure as to how the seating plan goes, the BEC seems to have several different kinds of layout. can we choose specific seats we wanna sit in? or is it just a matter of clicking on for example "gold" and getting whatever?

I'm finding out things as I go along, sorry for sounding so perdantic but a well-informed fan has the most fun :p

Fear not, for I too am currently over-anxious. Are you a muse.mu member as well? Best to cover all bases, but according to what others have said it's the mailing list from which we will hear about presale.

Ticketek doesn't seem to have a page to add payment details unless you are actually paying for something, as far as I could see that is. I was reading around the site a bit more and they said you can't choose what seats you want, they offer you seats based on the best available as determined by the promoter. If you were to go for gold seating, they will offer you the best seats available, so first row, then second when that fills up and so on. First in, best dressed.

More info here http://premier.ticketek.com.au/Content/Help/faqs.aspx

Yep, the mailing list will send us something because we are awesome :happy:

As for payment details, unless you're booking for more than one city and need to start another transaction ASAP, they hold your tickets for a few minutes while you enter them :)

And with the seats you get, it's just first in, best dressed, just choose gold if you want the good ones ;) But they'll generally give you the best seats still available, so it's not a good idea to think 'I don't really like those seats, so I'll try for some different ones'

Fear not, for I too am currently over-anxious. Are you a muse.mu member as well? Best to cover all bases, but according to what others have said it's the mailing list from which we will hear about presale.

Ticketek doesn't seem to have a page to add payment details unless you are actually paying for something, as far as I could see that is. I was reading around the site a bit more and they said you can't choose what seats you want, they offer you seats based on the best available as determined by the promoter. If you were to go for gold seating, they will offer you the best seats available, so first row, then second when that fills up and so on. First in, best dressed.

Pipped me to the post! :chuckle:

*hugs* THANK-YOU :D

Yes I am a member there from way back in that stupid treasure hunt thing :chuckle:

Oh okay...it'll just take a nerve-wracking minute or so to put the credit card details in BUT THAT'S OKAY TICKETEK :rolleyes:

Ah that explains it. Okay, well as long as I have a reasonable unobstructed view (I'd rather be sitting front-on to the stage than side-on) of Muse it'll be okay :D

:kiss:

Yep, the mailing list will send us something because we are awesome :happy:

As for payment details, unless you're booking for more than one city and need to start another transaction ASAP, they hold your tickets for a few minutes while you enter them :)

And with the seats you get, it's just first in, best dressed, just choose gold if you want the good ones ;) But they'll generally give you the best seats still available, so it's not a good idea to think 'I don't really like those seats, so I'll try for some different ones'

THANK-YOU TOO :D:kiss:

Hey guys,

Haven't been on here in a few days because I've been so busy. So we have quite a few people going :awesome:

There should defs be a meet up in the line :party::\mm/:, not sure if I'll be there at like 9am like some of you guys are going to be. More like midday or so I think, but I'm hoping that should still get me the barrier.

But i actually have to get tickets first... I was suprised, $129 +bf for standing :eek:

But of course its worth it, just that it was $80 or so in 2007 so that's a big increase.

Hey guys,

Haven't been on here in a few days because I've been so busy. So we have quite a few people going :awesome:

There should defs be a meet up in the line :party::\mm/:, not sure if I'll be there at like 9am like some of you guys are going to be. More like midday or so I think, but I'm hoping that should still get me the barrier.

But i actually have to get tickets first... I was suprised, $129 +bf for standing :eek:

But of course its worth it, just that it was $80 or so in 2007 so that's a big increase.

Yeah it is a bit of a downer. They were at Riverstage in 2007 weren't they? So maybe it's because the venue has changed. Maybe there are more lasers too ;) And inflation.

I'm hoping the listed prices are wrong as well. Green Day was only about $102 at the same place last year, and that felt too expensive. But it is Muse, so totally worth it :)

Yeah it is a bit of a downer. They were at Riverstage in 2007 weren't they? So maybe it's because the venue has changed. Maybe there are more lasers too ;) And inflation.

I'm hoping the listed prices are wrong as well. Green Day was only about $102 at the same place last year, and that felt too expensive. But it is Muse, so totally worth it :)

Yep Riverstage was awesome, way better than the Ent Centre in terms of sound and atmosphere ( and everyone can see properly).

I'm thinking the cost of shipping the towers here from America would cost a bit, it costs more to hire out the Ent Centre, inflation and the fact that they are bigger and therefore know that they can charge more are all factors in the massive price hike.

I'm really hoping for this to sell out within the first few hours so we get a 2nd date! Standing for the first night and seating for the second is what I'd defs do.

Yep Riverstage was awesome, way better than the Ent Centre in terms of sound and atmosphere ( and everyone can see properly).

I'm thinking the cost of shipping the towers here from America would cost a bit, it costs more to hire out the Ent Centre, inflation and the fact that they are bigger and therefore know that they can charge more are all factors in the massive price hike.

I'm really hoping for this to sell out within the first few hours so we get a 2nd date! Standing for the first night and seating for the second is what I'd defs do.

YES!! That would be awesome, but I think I would stand both nights. Other people will undoubtedly take pictures (as if there aren't enough pictures of them anyway) while I dance and sing awesomely at the back one night and try to get in close the other night!

We can dream...

Archived