Brisbane Entertainment Centre, Are you going?  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Brisbane Entertainment Centre, Are you going?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

But i actually have to get tickets first... I was suprised, $129 +bf for standing :eek:

But of course its worth it, just that it was $80 or so in 2007 so that's a big increase.

Yeah, I would have thought standing would have been the cheapest option :erm:

Yeah, back then, I was like "awww I missed it and it was so cheap!" but then again, it was an outdoor gig and you had to stand and that was it. it might be way more expensive to hire out BEC and did you see in someone's link yesterday they're bringing like a thousand trailers for all their gear. don't forget, Muse need money too! :LOL:

YES!! That would be awesome, but I think I would stand both nights. Other people will undoubtedly take pictures (as if there aren't enough pictures of them anyway) while I dance and sing awesomely at the back one night and try to get in close the other night!

We can dream...

I would so go both nights, I don't care if they sing the same songs in the exact same order :p

But last time, wasn't Brizzy the only place to sell out and they didn't announce another date...

depends on the level of demand, how fast it sells out...now, of course, they are so much bigger and popular, they might announce another date. I was so crushed when Robbie sold out so soon, and then the next day another date was announced! :awesome:

Muse should be able to do that too now :chuckle:

So it looks like we might get a good crowd in nice and early!! :D I reckon that will be a helluva lot of fun, chilling with all the other Musers! Until it comes time to piss bolt in.... then its every man for themsleves :p

I wish I had the money to go to two, in the chance that a second is announced, but I'll be doing well to srape together the cash for one! Goddamn Splendour has cleaned me out completely!

BTW whoever said they would wear green Dom jeans (think it was lolren), you obviously have to do it!! I will steal a pair of my sister's red ones and put up with the gay jokes for a day!! :D

BTW whoever said they would wear green Dom jeans (think it was lolren), you obviously have to do it!! I will steal a pair of my sister's red ones and put up with the gay jokes for a day!! :D

Hurrah! We can roll up in our rainbow pants and blindingly white teeth and totally be mistaken for him. Now I think of it, wonder how many people do actually wear Dom pants to each concert...

Hurrah! We can roll up in our rainbow pants and blindingly white teeth and totally be mistaken for him. Now I think of it, wonder how many people do actually wear Dom pants to each concert...

Very underrated are Dom pants. So much so as they had to make him the see-through drum kit just so the world could be exposed to them.

Hmmm, I wonder if I could rent an entire red suit.... We could set up our own little tribute band at the front of the cue :D

I would so go both nights, I don't care if they sing the same songs in the exact same order :p

But last time, wasn't Brizzy the only place to sell out and they didn't announce another date...

depends on the level of demand, how fast it sells out...now, of course, they are so much bigger and popular, they might announce another date. I was so crushed when Robbie sold out so soon, and then the next day another date was announced! :awesome:

Muse should be able to do that too now :chuckle:

Yer I would defs go both nights too. Last time they didn't have as much time between gigs, like 1 or 2 days.

So it looks like we might get a good crowd in nice and early!! :D I reckon that will be a helluva lot of fun, chilling with all the other Musers! Until it comes time to piss bolt in.... then its every man for themsleves :p

I wish I had the money to go to two, in the chance that a second is announced, but I'll be doing well to srape together the cash for one! Goddamn Splendour has cleaned me out completely!

Sooo wish I could go to Splendour... But I'm happy with the fact that I'm going to Manchester Stadium gig 3 weeks later :D

Very underrated are Dom pants. So much so as they had to make him the see-through drum kit just so the world could be exposed to them.

Hmmm, I wonder if I could rent an entire red suit.... We could set up our own little tribute band at the front of the cue :D

I have a red suit :$

Sooo wish I could go to Splendour... But I'm happy with the fact that I'm going to Manchester Stadium gig 3 weeks later :D

I have a red suit :$

Dayum! Yeah, Id probably take your scenario too :p In saying that, The Strokes :happy:

And that is freakin awesome!! You must wear it to the show!!! :D

Dayum! Yeah, Id probably take your scenario too :p In saying that, The Strokes :happy:

And that is freakin awesome!! You must wear it to the show!!! :D

Yer Splendor does have sooo many good bands, just wish they'd actually do some Brisbane sideshows. But they all seem to think that everyone from Brisbane is going to Splendour and therefore they don't need to do any sideshows here :p

Mmmm I'm considering it, but it might be a bit hot in the mosh, I also have red skinnies I could wear...decisions, decisions...

Oh does anyone know any places in Brissie where guys can get colourful skinnies?? JJ's don't have them anymore for guys :(

Hey guys,

I was suprised, $129 +bf for standing :eek:

But of course its worth it, just that it was $80 or so in 2007 so that's a big increase.

I'm really hoping this is wrong, and actually includes the bf, as the Acer site has the same prices but is bf inclusive, and I'd hate to have to pay more for the Brisbane tickets :eek:

Maybe once the Melbourne prices are listed we'll be able to tell...

Yer Splendor does have sooo many good bands, just wish they'd actually do some Brisbane sideshows. But they all seem to think that everyone from Brisbane is going to Splendour and therefore they don't need to do any sideshows here :p

Mmmm I'm considering it, but it might be a bit hot in the mosh, I also have red skinnies I could wear...decisions, decisions...

Oh does anyone know any places in Brissie where guys can get colourful skinnies?? JJ's don't have them anymore for guys :(

Haha and given so many people missed out, that's a bad assumption to make :p

Yeah that would probably be a health hazard in the mosh.... hmm I dunno, I may well look to scout a pair out between now and December though.

:LOL: I'm a uni student too, I know exactly what you mean!

Yeah, once I get that email, it's like the ball starts rolling...well I'm planning on using the faster internet downstairs and just keep refreshing...I sure hope I can get on :(

He's my fave too :chuckle: No I didn't :( I mean, they played for an hour, and it was pissing down rain here. kinda glad I didn't go, I'd rather see them at a proper gig. Hopefully they come back next year!

Haha tell me about it - I was sitting in a computer lab at uni when people were buying Splendour tickets, they were going mental cos the site was crashing on them and they were getting locked out all the time. It was making me chuckle but now I know what it's going to be like with Muse, I think it's karma.

Hehe.

Aw yeah fair enough - I wanted to go in case they don't come back for a bit, I missed them the last time they were in Australia. :) And I got to meet Alex the next night! I was so stoked..and a bit speechless lol. So so so pretty.

Haha and given so many people missed out, that's a bad assumption to make :p

Yeah that would probably be a health hazard in the mosh.... hmm I dunno, I may well look to scout a pair out between now and December though.

Yer it's a really bad assumption... and now I've read that they are doing multiple shows in other cities, eg: Florence doing 3 Syndey Shows :eek::mad:

Anyway, yer I'm not too sure about the suit, will have to see... Yep I'm defs going to get some bright green or aqua ones like Matt wears, they're soo cool :)

So, I'm freaking out about buying tickets on Friday, my boss better have paid me this week otherwise I may be asking the parents for some funds... I just spent all my money on flights and accom in Manchester last night, bad idea :$

Yer it's a really bad assumption... and now I've read that they are doing multiple shows in other cities, eg: Florence doing 3 Syndey Shows :eek::mad:

Anyway, yer I'm not too sure about the suit, will have to see... Yep I'm defs going to get some bright green or aqua ones like Matt wears, they're soo cool :)

So, I'm freaking out about buying tickets on Friday, my boss better have paid me this week otherwise I may be asking the parents for some funds... I just spent all my money on flights and accom in Manchester last night, bad idea :$

Yeah I'm a fan of the aqua ones :D

I'm panicking a little, but like I say, my last ticket experience was Splendour, and nothing could possibly be as bad as that :p You kidding?? That sounds like the best possible idea!! :p

Haha tell me about it - I was sitting in a computer lab at uni when people were buying Splendour tickets, they were going mental cos the site was crashing on them and they were getting locked out all the time. It was making me chuckle but now I know what it's going to be like with Muse, I think it's karma.

Hehe.

Aw yeah fair enough - I wanted to go in case they don't come back for a bit, I missed them the last time they were in Australia. :) And I got to meet Alex the next night! I was so stoked..and a bit speechless lol. So so so pretty.

Dammit, I hope you're wrong and end up getting tix :awesome:

See, I got into them only mid-2009 so there was no missing out on "last time" for me. BUT OMG SOOOOO JEALOUS of you...you've met Matt and Alex :supersad:

Did you get a hug from Alex? :awesome: Another girl I'm friends with on here said he was cuddly :chuckle:

I'm really hoping this is wrong, and actually includes the bf, as the Acer site has the same prices but is bf inclusive, and I'd hate to have to pay more for the Brisbane tickets :eek:

Maybe once the Melbourne prices are listed we'll be able to tell...

Wait...so that price we've seen doesn't include booking fees?

FUDGE this means it could be somewhere close to $150...we may be the "lucky" country, but we're not that rich :stunned:

That's ridiculous, it just shows how much things have changed since a few years ago :stunned: I never would have picked Muse to be so expensive...but that much for STANDING tix I cannot justify :noey: And I'm buying two tix, even though the other person is paying for themselves it's still coming off my mum's credit card on the day...

Dammit, I hope you're wrong and end up getting tix :awesome:

See, I got into them only mid-2009 so there was no missing out on "last time" for me. BUT OMG SOOOOO JEALOUS of you...you've met Matt and Alex :supersad:

Did you get a hug from Alex? :awesome: Another girl I'm friends with on here said he was cuddly :chuckle:

Ah okay haha. Well, it was odd with Alex. He was in line to get tickets for himself and the rest of the band to see Arj Barker when I was there - so when I went up to him he was almost near the front. But he told me to wait while he collected the tickets, then he came back and was talking to me. I couldn't speak much but it was cool. He kept shaking my hand and stuff. I must admit when I got the picture with him, he was talking a lot into my ear and I couldn't understand some of what he said because his accent is quite strong. I almost melted into his jacket. LOL.

Ah okay haha. Well, it was odd with Alex. He was in line to get tickets for himself and the rest of the band to see Arj Barker when I was there - so when I went up to him he was almost near the front. But he told me to wait while he collected the tickets, then he came back and was talking to me. I couldn't speak much but it was cool. He kept shaking my hand and stuff. I must admit when I got the picture with him, he was talking a lot into my ear and I couldn't understand some of what he said because his accent is quite strong. I almost melted into his jacket. LOL.

:LOL: I love how he told you to wait, I would have just walked away...

Oh wow talking to you in your ear sounds so intimate :chuckle: You can tell I'm dying of jealousy here :LOL:

Some people say that about his accent, but Paul has the best :awesome: You should come and join us in the FF thread sometime :happy:

:LOL: I love how he told you to wait, I would have just walked away...

Oh wow talking to you in your ear sounds so intimate :chuckle: You can tell I'm dying of jealousy here :LOL:

Some people say that about his accent, but Paul has the best :awesome: You should come and join us in the FF thread sometime :happy:

Haha yeah I was getting over the fact they were just standing in line with everyone else and all I could do was nod like an idiot. Haha. Yeah it was very erm, close. I didn't get to talk to the rest of them, I was too focused on Alex.

Haha yeah I was getting over the fact they were just standing in line with everyone else and all I could do was nod like an idiot. Haha. Yeah it was very erm, close. I didn't get to talk to the rest of them, I was too focused on Alex.

The only way I'm getting through this wait till presale is listening to all my other music :LOL: FF is getting played a looooooot :LOL:

OMG I would totally be like that too...I think I'll just gape like a fish when I see them :LOL:

Close :eyebrows::LOL: Sorry I'll be serious now...

I think I want to just squeeze the whole band, but yeah, must remember this isn't Alex Kapranos and those other guys band :p

Hey guys I'm a bit late to the party, but hopefully I'll be bringing my fiance along to Muse. It'll be her first concert. She's not a massive muse fan, but I have been since 2005/06. Kinda been visiting both muselive and this board for a few years but never got around to registering. Figured I better, when I heard about the fan pre-sale. I'm hoping I can get some gold seating, since she doesn't like crowds (mosh pit = big NO!).:D

Hey guys I'm a bit late to the party, but hopefully I'll be bringing my fiance along to Muse. It'll be her first concert. She's not a massive muse fan, but I have been since 2005/06. Kinda been visiting both muselive and this board for a few years but never got around to registering. Figured I better, when I heard about the fan pre-sale. I'm hoping I can get some gold seating, since she doesn't like crowds (mosh pit = big NO!).:D

Haha yeah me too. I am going with my short sister and sooky brother so we will prob have to go gold also, but I'm trying to convince them to go GA, then we can stand at the back and have a kickin' dance party without having to mosh. But will prob have to settle with seats.

Archived