People find any reason or any way to bitch. This is the new reason. During the Abso-era it was probably because the lyrics were too serious, during the Origin-era it was probably because they didn't sound like Radiohead anymore, during the Showbiz-era it was probably that they sounded like Radiohead.

They can never win, and they know that.

Actually in the old days there were far less diverse opinions because Muse were a smaller band appealing to a narrower audience. People who joined the messageboard therefore really liked the narrower range of music they were making. Sure some songs weren't liked, but there was never this level of arguing and bitching.

Guiding Light, Resistance, USoE, Soaked, Prague (cover, granted), NSC/LiF (possibly), there's more than one nail in that coffin :LOL:

Still consider myself a fan though, and I respect your opinion, of course.

Well, I think Resistance and USoE are brilliant, so :D

:wtf:

I can't understand. On the one hand, everyone hates Twilighters, every Muser want Twilight fans to fuck off, everyone on this board say that they can't stand 'not-pwoper' fans who know one or two songs. Now you care what these Twilighters will think about it ? Ok, what everyone will think ? We want to be to exclusive real Muse fan group, mutual admiration society, diehard fans, well, what happened ? Why we start care about non Musers opinion, and what they think about our band ?

Ahh, I know, we must complaining about our favourite band. We are Musers, we 'love' Muse.

we can't be happy.

:LOL:

:yesey::yesey::yesey:

+10000000000000

As for my opinion, I'm sad Dom's not wearing his GaGa outfit. And that's all I'm gonna say now, I don't want to jump into any conclusions without hearing the whole song (i haven't checked all the previous pages of posts but i'm assuming everyone just heard the 30second preview right?)

Actually in the old days there were far less diverse opinions because Muse were a smaller band appealing to a narrower audience. People who joined the messageboard therefore really liked the narrower range of music they were making. Sure some songs weren't liked, but there was never this level of arguing and bitching.

I've seen this with every fanbase, on every online forum. Yet, Muse haven't reached the point SP has, or Korn has, or NIN did (with With Teeth), or Modest Mouse have. That's why it's ridiculous.

:wtf:

I can't understand. On the one hand, everyone hates Twilighters, every Muser want Twilight fans to fuck off, everyone on this board say that they can't stand 'not-pwoper' fans who know one or two songs. Now you care what these Twilighters will think about it ? Ok, what everyone will think ? We want to be to exclusive real Muse fan group, mutual admiration society, diehard fans, well, what happened ? Why we start care about non Musers opinion, and what they think about our band ?

Ahh, I know, we must complaining about our favourite band. We are Musers, we 'love' Muse.

we can't be happy.

:LOL:

exactly.

i have a friend who's obsessed with twilight and she LOOOOOOOOVES SMBH.. and when she hears this song.. i don't know if i can prevent myself from doing anything stupid :LOL: cause whenever we talk about muse, it's about SMBH, IBtY or fucking starlight. all those songs which i really don't like.

and don't say everyone. that was just me. duh

I just wish we could get rid of all the complainers so I could go on here without getting cornered by commanderring, "new muse sucks" assholes. Not to mention lily93 is the most pathetic of them all. All I've seen you do on every post is complain. It's like you get a kick out of bitching. Boy, your life must be miserable.

If you declare RIP Muse after one song, you were never a fan.

:chuckle:

what people who are new to this forum ...and some who are not so new...don't seem to understand is that so much of the whinging that goes on about this song..or that song...or the setlist (for example) actually involves a sense of humor.

when the serious faced folk come on and make a 'never' type statement then it all starts going :rolleyes: and then people get defensive and then before you know it we have :srsb33f: followed by extensive :vomit:

may i have cake please? :D

I've seen this with every fanbase, on every online forum. Yet, Muse haven't reached the point SP has, or Korn has, or NIN did (with With Teeth), or Modest Mouse have. That's why it's ridiculous.

We're not even a fun dysfunctional family. Why do I even get involved in these threads?

Can I just ask, why do you come on music forums then if you know this is what happens?

Generally if you want discussion about a band that isn't all loved up then it's better to go to somewhere where that band aren't the main focus of discussion.

:chuckle:

what people who are new to this forum ...and some who are not so new...don't seem to understand is that so much of the whinging that goes on about this song..or that song...or the setlist (for example) actually involves a sense of humor.

when the serious faced folk come on and make a 'never' type statement then it all starts going :rolleyes: and then people get defensive and then before you know it we have :srsb33f: followed by extensive :vomit:

may i have cake please? :D

Here's your cake. :D

The thing that I hate the most about this song is that it's probably gonna take some other, much better song's slot on the summer setlists... this doesn't sound like an epic live song to me.

But I'm sill gonna wait for the full release until my final judgement :LOL:

No, it's because I like Muse and their new albums and am considered a moron who doesn't like Muse and has invalid opinions because I like BHaR and TR. This forum has become an absolute trainwreck, and I've only been on here for a few months.

No still nothing to do about you liking Muse just your attitude.

And for the record I like TR and most of BHAR.

On a side note, I'm wondering if this song gets a slot on the setlist now which song it'll replace....or if it'll replace a song at all?

Ideally they'd just add it as the sets have been kinda short. But probably it'll go in the MK Ultra/Map/GL slot

This whole thread is just one big facepalm. :awesome:

:awesome:

It has gone rather off topic

Archived