I like the sound! A lot! And I know the lyrics are cheesy as hell, but I’d like to think it is just to take the piss, and just go all the way. Have a laugh, like Muse ALWAYS do... I don't know why you guys are taking this so seriously.. It is cheesy, because he wants it to be cheesy. Just like the guitar solo in GL and so on. It is funny! I would have thought musers of all people would get that... I mean yes when I heard the title for the for the first time I'll admit that my immediate thought was :eek: but it was soon followed by :LOL: Am I the only person who feels this way?

I have nothing against performance comedy as a genre. But it's not what I tend to look for in music.

Although Flight Of the Conchords are fabulous. But I'm laughing with them, not laughing at them as is the case with Muse in this era.

Well if it's been written especially for the film then Dom's not telling the truth or he's been misquoted because he specifically said in an article that it was a personal song. Unless of course he was referring to a different song and they changed their minds about which song to put on the soundtrack.

Oh ok, not seen that interview :happy:

I still hope it was written for the purpose though. I need some kind of deniability lol. It will grow on me.

I tell you one thing, I am no longer a Muse evangelist among my friends. At least I'm much quieter about it.

I used to evangelize when I could point to 'Micro Cuts' and 'Space Dementia' as representative of the band. Now we have this?

Sorry, I can't get behind that.

I tell you one thing, I am no longer a Muse evangelist among my friends. At least I'm much quieter about it.

I used to evangelize when I could point to 'Micro Cuts' and 'Space Dementia' as representative of the band. Now we have this?

Then dont? You dont have to like it, and songs like Micro Cuts and Space Dementia are still out there.

This is ridiculous, I highly doubt this song means Muse is going pop. :rolleyes:

This forum is ridiculous. A crappy pop song = abandoning Muse and forgetting their old songs?

Jesus christ, you all would have died when With Teeth came out.

Then dont? You dont have to like it, and songs like Micro Cuts and Space Dementia are still out there.

Aye but they're probably never going to write stuff like that again, or play them live. Yeah sure the 2nd and 3rd albums will always exist but it's hard to get excited about anything Muse do these days when everything is so far removed from what you liked about them in the first place.

This is ridiculous, I highly doubt this song means Muse is going pop. :rolleyes:

This forum is ridiculous.

They've been pop since 1999, but pop is a very broad term and they're moving further into a different section of it. People react differently to change and it's not always popular.

I'm really not going to turn this into a "Muse is pop" or "Muse isn't pop" argument. People are acting dumb, saying that Muse will never play Space Dementia or Micro Cuts again because they made a pop song (which you haven't even heard), lol jesus christ

This forum is ridiculous. A crappy pop song = abandoning Muse and forgetting their old songs?

Jesus christ, you all would have died when With Teeth came out.

i still love muse :supersad:

Aye but they're probably never going to write stuff like that again, or play them live. Yeah sure the 2nd and 3rd albums will always exist but it's hard to get excited about anything Muse do these days when everything is so far removed from what you liked about them in the first place.

You never know. I don't think its really fair to write them off so fast like that just because they release a couple pop songs like Undisclosed Desires and now this. They still have it in them, songs like Exogenesis and MK are some proof.

No, it really isn't.

Yes it is. It's not a bad thing.

A three piece band playing songs on guitar with a bit of piano with strong verses and catchy choruses is pop music. Charting in the top 25 in your home country on your third single is pop.

You never know. I don't think its really fair to write them off so fast like that just because they release a couple pop songs like Undisclosed Desires and now this. They still have it in them, songs like Exogenesis and MK are some proof.

My favourite songs on the last 2 albums rarely get a look in live. That is my issue. The setlist is going more heavily away from what I like about them :LOL:

On the plus side i'm going to save a fuck load on gig tickets if they keep this up :LOL:

silver lining...you found it! :p

this.

ITT: whambulance.jpg

Jesus...

:LOL: :LOL:

:awesome:

Yes it is. It's not a bad thing.

A three piece band playing songs on guitar with a bit of piano with strong verses and catchy choruses is pop music. Charting in the top 25 in your home country on your third single is pop.

Charting doesn't make you pop. Really, sorry, Micro Cuts is *totally* pop music.

Charting doesn't make you pop. Really, sorry, Micro Cuts is *totally* pop music.

There's no difference between having 'pop songs' (which Muse have always had) and being a pop band.

Muse are a pop band, Muse have pop songs. Many Muse songs however are not pop, but some still are pop, making them a pop band.

one song doesn't make a band.

Sunburn, Muscle Museum, Fillip, Falling Down, Cave, Unintended, Uno, Sober, Overdue, Bliss, Hyper Music, Plug In Baby, Screenager, Feeling Good, Time is Running Out, Sing For Absolution, Falling Away With You, Hysteria, Blackout, The Small Print, Thoughts of a Dying Aethiest, Starlight, Supermassive Black Hole, Map of the Problematique, Soldiers Poem, Invincible, Assassin, Exo-Politics, City of Delusion, Knights of Cydonia, Uprising, Resistance, Undisclosed Desires, Guiding Light, Unnatural Selection, MK Ultra are all pop songs.

Archived