But I still can't hear it, I hear a really clear "p" both times.

Hmm maybe... I always thought it was peace both times, but the official lyrics have venus one time. I can hear either a "p" sound or a really stressed VEnus. Guess it's kind of like "ass endeavor" in NSC.

I set the bar really low, and it exceed even that. I actually like the song once you get past the cheesy-tastic lyrics. But I mean, as discussed, a lot of songs have cheesy lyrics.

I picked up on a few things from it:

Its kind of got the Knights of Cydonia drum beat to it.

I like guitar pickup in the song after the intro.

It also sounds like guiding light at the start with the drums.

I love the snyth in it. Its the good ol Muse Snyth used in Starlight, Popcorn, and tons of other songs.

The chorus sounds like starlight (Our hopes and expectations, Black Holes and Revelationnnnnssss)

I do like the song and all these parts I pointed out.

That song was largely ignored by the band though once the initial Abso gigs were done, it's not like they released it as a single to a huge fanfare or anything :LOL:

I can see how they might not have too much control over that side of things. Or maybe they have control and choose to do it that way, I don't know, but I wouldn't be surprised if they are putting their trust in others. Though I love The Resistance, there was too much hype (treasure hunt aside which was great) which I think provoked a backlash which might not have happened otherwise.

I never think it's a good idea to go over the top with hype.

I set the bar really low, and it exceed even that. I actually like the song once you get past the cheesy-tastic lyrics. But I mean, as discussed, a lot of songs have cheesy lyrics.

I picked up on a few things from it:

Its kind of got the Knights of Cydonia drum beat to it.

I like guitar pickup in the song after the intro.

It also sounds like guiding light at the start with the drums.

I love the snyth in it. Its the good ol Muse Snyth used in Starlight, Popcorn, and tons of other songs.

The chorus sounds like starlight (Our hopes and expectations, Black Holes and Revelationnnnnssss)

I do like the song and all these parts I pointed out.

So basically, it's good because it sounds sounds just like some other Muse songs? I would call that a pretty negative review for a song.

I actually think this is how it should be, well maybe not selling off back catalogues, that's just daft, but the band do what they want, and then fans either stick around or move on.

The trouble happens when people feel unable to move on and then we get these endless marathons of moaning which doesn't do anyone any good at all. Not all, but a lot of it is from the same people again and again and again about everything.

I wonder if some of the problem is the other sections. People stick around to post in non-muse sections which keeps them hanging around and then they can't resist coming in to show their displeasure.

The internet has a lot to answer for!

Anyway very sweet and enjoyable song! Still! :) Glad I can just enjoy Muse without treating everything they do as if it's a matter of life or death.

oh, you are so right:)

Since when have you ever been able to hear what Matt sings?

So you are saying that you can hear venus? Or that it doesn't matter what it sounds like? Or that you can't even hear what Matt is singing in that part?

My feelings are all over the place with this. On the other hand, even good cheese just is not really my cuppa, and they've done better cheese than this. On the other, I nearly cried listening it the first times :$ , after hearing Matt's expalantion on it. So it def moved me.

I wouldn't blame on them trying to lure wider audience with this. You'll kinda have to know the background to get the irony. That it was NOT forever after all even if you were so so sure (suppose anyone divorced can easily relate..).

It's just.. weird, an almost cheery tune by a man with a broken heart, Maybe 'cause it's just way too hard to express the exact feelings going through at that point? Like, yeahyeah I'm fucking brilliant but it's just that it was just supposed be forever.

In the end, I would treat it more of a personal message.than sign of any new direction.

Since when have you ever been able to hear what Matt sings?

So you are saying that you can hear venus? Or that it doesn't matter what it sounds like? Or that you can't even hear what Matt is singing in that part?

How about we take this over to the Space Dementia Discussion thread. :LOL:

My feelings are all over the place with this. On the other hand, even good cheese just is not really my cuppa, and they've done better cheese than this. On the other, I nearly cried listening it the first times :$ , after hearing Matt's expalantion on it. So it def moved me.

I wouldn't blame on them trying to lure wider audience with this. You'll kinda have to know the background to get the irony. That it was NOT forever after all even if you were so so sure (suppose anyone divorced can easily relate..).

It's just.. weird, an almost cheery tune by a man with a broken heart, Maybe 'cause it's just way too hard to express the exact feelings going through at that point? Like, yeahyeah I'm fucking brilliant but it's just that it was just supposed be forever.

In the end, I would treat it more of a personal message.than sign of any new direction.

Yes I agree, this is exactly what I have been thinking. Except I think the song is lovely.

BTW regarding the ideas of doing things for old fans discussed earlier, I just thought, Dom has said that they are currently rehearsing old songs that they haven't played for years. I think they do try and keep everyone happy.

i think some ppl should spend their time in more optimistic things...

every band, huges bands, have some song that some of their "fans" wont like.. for some reason, some of them will think that they're selling their true "musical side" that they are becoming more commercial, and etc...

this is not my fav song, i know.. and as i can see is not the fav song of many ppl here..

but lets get over the "i hate this song cause is so twilight"

(not because a Muse song is in that movie you have to go and be a twilight fan.. )

this song is Muse, is Matt.. and his unique way of composing music.

thats why I love Muse, cause they can change, they are not just rock.. they're a lot of different things that makes them great.

but, thats just my opinion. :musesign:

Archived