It's also down to which guitar Matt needs for each song, what effects Chris needs on his bass, what keys Morgan has to play and whether Dom's arms can take anymore pounding

That's all automated.

I love how Matt changes guitar every song and apart from a couple of them, doesn't make a single bit of difference whatsoever :LOL:

That's all automated.

I love how Matt changes guitar every song and apart from a couple of them, doesn't make a single bit of difference whatsoever :LOL:

They're pretending it isn't :p

Yeah I know, surely he just needs a drop D and a standard tuned one and then the 7 string if he can actually be arsed for CE.

And what is the point of the keytar?

Not sure if this constitutes as a controversial opinion, but I was listening to Muse radio on Pandora and it's humourous to me how a majority of the "related songs" sound NOTHING like Muse. I'll give them Coldplay and Franz, but The Strokes and Phoenix. No...not so much. Even Fuel and Aqualung? What?

I 100% agree. I became such a fan of Muse in the first place because they were a rock band, and sounded so much heavier and more original than the other bands in the mainstream e.g. Razorlight, Strokes.

I don't wanna hear crappy indie clones as related artists. Tis why I was happy when I discovered, via internet mostly, so many new bands that I considered much more similar to Muse, albeit not mainstream, such as Amplifier etc.

It's also down to which guitar Matt needs for each song, what effects Chris needs on his bass, what keys Morgan has to play and whether Dom's arms can take anymore pounding

I have to say, I'm impreesed with how much OoS/Absolution stuff Dom could play all in a row. Some of the heavy work on those are brutal. (I've done a few set covers. :eek: )

They're pretending it isn't :p

Yeah I know, surely he just needs a drop D and a standard tuned one and then the 7 string if he can actually be arsed for CE.

And what is the point of the keytar?

Well, you need backups, but changing every song is unnecessary when he's not utilising what's built in. If it's tuning, then what the hell is he doing spend thousands of pounds on guitars that can't hold for any longer than one song? Hendrix got through Woodstock with one basic Strat and was playing non stop the whole time.

His Manson's were cool when there was a handful of them, too many of them now to be interesting.

That said, you can hear when Chris changes bass, as it's usually because of the sound that he's changed, there's some point to it.

Edited by haze015

The only power ballad I really like is Queen's We Are The Champions.

That song is a power ballad... right? (Apologize in advance if I get it wrong)

I wouldn't really class it as a power ballad myself. The word 'ballad' doesn't really suit the song. In my opinion, its more of a rock song, just written to get the crowd singing towards the end of a gig. These are good examples of power ballads. Comparable to Guiding Light, but not so much We Are the Champions.

Mr Mister - Broken Wings

The Cars - Drive

White Snake - Is This Love

Foreigner - I Want to Know What Love Is

Roy Orbison - I Drove All Night

Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse of the Heart

Jefferson Starship - Nothing's Gonna Stop Us

The thing they all have in common is that they're overly dramatic are usually based around love or emotional people lol.

Controversial opinions about The Resistance (in chronological order :p)

Uprising is too over looked by the 'hardcore' fan base and it is too overlooked as just another single that's trying to chart, when in fact it's a really good song and great live.

Resistance is really underrated and is infact one of the best on the album, it's usually quite good live and I don't mind it being single. I do not see this song as Muse trying to chart. I think the concept of the video is cool, however it should've been a cohesive performance of the song with live audio.

Undisclosed Desires is quite refreshing, and I'm glad Muse put it on the album as it's a bit different. Although it definatly shouldn't have been a single. It feels like 'Oh we've made an electronic song. Oh this might appeal to loads of people and sell loads' when it did abysmally in the charts and doesn't reflect the classic 'Muse' sound (I'm not talking OoS, I mean rock music, US/MK). This song doesn't work live and I hope it is dropped soon after The Resistance tour.

United States Of Eurasia (+Collateral Damage) is again, something different, in a bombastic way. The first time I heard this song I was on a break of listening to Muse, and when I heard it I though 'Wow, Muse are back :D!'. When I saw this song live I thought it was weak and no where near as good as it is on record (which is odd for a Muse song), but recent live performances have changed my mind. I'd like this song to stay for the next few tours.

I can't be arsed to do anymore right now, more to follow...

Controversial opinions about The Resistance (in chronological order :p)

Uprising is too over looked by the 'hardcore' fan base and it is too overlooked as just another single that's trying to chart, when in fact it's a really good song and great live.

Resistance is really underrated and is infact one of the best on the album, it's usually quite good live and I don't mind it being single. I do not see this song as Muse trying to chart. I think the concept of the video is cool, however it should've been a cohesive performance of the song with live audio.

Undisclosed Desires is quite refreshing, and I'm glad Muse put it on the album as it's a bit different. Although it definatly shouldn't have been a single. It feels like 'Oh we've made an electronic song. Oh this might appeal to loads of people and sell loads' when it did abysmally in the charts and doesn't reflect the classic 'Muse' sound (I'm not talking OoS, I mean rock music, US/MK). This song doesn't work live and I hope it is dropped soon after The Resistance tour.

United States Of Eurasia (+Collateral Damage) is again, something different, in a bombastic way. The first time I heard this song I was on a break of listening to Muse, and when I heard it I though 'Wow, Muse are back :D!'. When I saw this song live I thought it was weak and no where near as good as it is on record (which is odd for a Muse song), but recent live performances have changed my mind. I'd like this song to stay for the next few tours.

I can't be arsed to do anymore right now, more to follow...

I agree with you. On pretty much every point, oddly....

No, but I think musically it's a better song. If that makes sense. :confused:

TSP I like. But it's average.

fair enough, musically I would go:

KoC > UD > SMBH > Escape > The Small Print

but for enjoyment:

The Small Print > UD > Escape > SMBH > KoC