I like Mercy better than Starlight.... Don't kill me, show me mercy, please.

Studio = Starlight >>> Mercy

Live = Mercy >>> Starlight

Matt's vocals in the chorus are too annoying and monotonous for it to be better than Starlight for me.

Muse should stop performing Micro Cuts.

It's kinda sad but I actually agree :( There's better old heavy songs that don't wreck his voice (Dead Star, Assassin, Agitated, Dark Shines, Hyper Music). If I'm honest, there's quite a lot of other songs I'd rather see than Micro Cuts anyway, as amazing as it was at Download.

Muse should stop performing Micro Cuts.

It's improved since last tour, but still belongs on the "sounds shit compared to early 2000s" list alongside NB and MM.

I guess on controversy, the Montreux one made me realize MC might have always kind of sucked live...

Hullabaloo wants a word with you.

It's improved since last tour, but still belongs on the "sounds shit compared to early 2000s" list alongside NB and MM.
Tbh I think it's more of a mixed bag this tour. Some performances, like Moscow and Download, were a lot better than last tour, but then Rock Werchter was way worse imo. And it affects the rest of the set way too much.

I love it on album, but I watched like a dozen old performances the other day, and like I said, apparently forgot it was typically a bit subpar, even in the early days. Sure, except for Hulla. Didn't re watch that one as the editing is seizure inducing.

There are some other damn good songs to bring back, or they could rotate Bliss back in.

Now this one's going to be controversial, but Micro Cuts has sucked pretty much all the time. I don't even like the studio version. The Hullabaloo performances are ace, but every other recording is simply dull.

Just because a recording seems dull doesn't mean it's shit live though.

I saw it at Leeds Fest in 2011 and thought it was kinda underwhelming but it was fucking immense at Download, probably one of the best performances I've seen them give of any song.

That said, I'd be alright with them dropping it to help Matt's voice, especially when there's even better heavy songs out there.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe not that controversial but I've just realised Plug In Baby has only gotten worse since it was first written (or the first version we know of).

'97 demo > '00 early version > official release > live '01 - '04 > live '06 - '11 > live '12 - '15

^ the tragic story of PIB

pls donate £2 a month to stop this suffering and convince muse to drop pib

Hysteria / TIRO / PIB rotation anyone? I've seen people suggest a Bliss / PIB rotation but Bliss should just be a staple.

I'm fine with Hysteria as a staple, it's consistently decent even if it's nothing particularly special.

PIB's sounded tired for ages though. It's been around pretty much since they started and it's been a staple for the vast majority of that time, I don't think casuals could really moan if they dropped it or at least rotated it at this point.

PiB and Hysteria have both sounded a bit stale for a while, Hysteria more than PiB, imo.

But I've seen two gigs in which one was excluded, and there was a lot of bitching afterwards.

I'm blown away more people don't make a fuss at SS being dropped, that being one of the songs I'd happily see every single time (and which was dropped at my third gig...)

Nah I think the album version of Plug in Baby is a lot better than the early demo.

Bliss is extremely overrated.

I massively prefer the lyrics and the more laid back vibe of the demo, makes it feel a little bit sadder in a way. The release into that riff at the end is <3 as well. Would've been perfect on Showbiz imo.

For a while now, I've felt like the album version of PIB sounds really obnoxiously loud and 'sharp' to the ears, especially the chorus.