I agree with Sade and James as a whole album TR is more enjoyable than T2L.

They have about the same number of standout tracks (for me) though.

TR: USoE, US, Exo 1-3 and I'm quite fond of UD

T2L: Supremacy, Madness, Survival, Animals (maybe IS, I underrated it a bit)

@ Sunburn discussion: RAAAAAWWWWR, blasphemy: great, great track, great piano, great vocals, great ending, the song is huge.

I don't know if TR is more enjoyable but I find it easier to listen to as an album. I only skip Guiding Light and Resistance whereas in T2L I skip quit a few.

Not sure if I agree about Sunburn. I've just heard it so many times that I of course find it dull but I don't think it's a dull track by any means.

Sunburn is actually one of the tracks that I'm continually hearing again, and being re-blown away by.

Especially considering how old it really is.

I'm still so unbelievably happy that I saw it live. :happy:

I'm also still only skipping 2-3 songs on T2L, and 2 of those are still sort of special cases.

Whereas I think I only LISTEN to about 2-3 songs off of TR at this time.

I thought I would be getting more sick of T2L by now, since it's still in my car CD player, but I'm actually not.

It's one of the few songs that didn't age. (next to Falling Down and to an extent Showbiz and Cave)

You don't listen to Exogenesis? :(

Really? Imho Sunburn and Showbiz are the only ones that aged well. Cave and Muscle Museum just don't have it anymore.

Sunburn, Muscle Museum, Falling Down (even though it's thanks to the band playing it in a different version this tour), Showbiz and Uno aged well. Muscle Museum, Cave and HTAILY aged decently, more or less. The rest has always been shit :batman: and aged bad.

Really? Imho Sunburn and Showbiz are the only ones that aged well. Cave and Muscle Museum just don't have it anymore.

Cave and Showbiz still do it, because of their energy and Matt's vocals.

Falling Down is somehow timeless for me. :happy:

Showbiz (the album) pales in comparison to other Muse albums, because... I dunno...they had a different sound to that time.

It's one of the few songs that didn't age. (next to Falling Down and to an extent Showbiz and Cave)

You don't listen to Exogenesis? :(

I guess I don't quite get what you mean by "aged" - Sunburn and Showbiz (and Spiral Static, if you want to include it) are still a few of my favorite songs, and I guess they don't feel particularly "old" to me. The band was at a different stage during each album, but I don't think it detracts from my enjoyment of the music at all.

I listen to Exo 1 more than the other 2 parts. If I'm listening on shuffle, I only do pt 1, but if I'm controlling the music, I certainly listen to the entire thing. I'm just more often than not listening to a random playlist nowdays.

I think my currently "shuffle" playlist has only 3 TR tracks on it, and I was skipping at least 4 songs almost immediately after it's release.

I guess I don't quite get what you mean by "aged" - Sunburn and Showbiz (and Spiral Static, if you want to include it) are still a few of my favorite songs, and I guess they don't feel particularly "old" to me. The band was at a different stage during each album, but I don't think it detracts from my enjoyment of the music at all.

It just sounds like something from the late 90s to me.

Whereas OoS for example sounds still like "something from the future". It sounds like not from this world.

Edited by Strangeseas

I see what you're saying.

Some of the songs in particular on Showbiz are definately less "mature" too, I'll admit. Ones that I skip like Sober and Overdue, particularly.

I listen to a shitload of old music though, so maybe that's why I don't notice as much as I get old. :LOL:

Hell, I enjoy Big Freeze because it sounds like an 80s music tribute...

Sunburn, Muscle Museum, Falling Down (even though it's thanks to the band playing it in a different version this tour), Showbiz and Uno aged well. Muscle Museum, Cave and HTAILY aged decently, more or less. The rest has always been shit :batman: and aged bad.

Switch Uno and HTAILY

Sunburn is still amazing. So is Showbiz. And a bunch of the other songs are great.

Ya Showbiz has some great tracks on it. The high points (Sunburn, MM, Cave, Showbiz, Unintended, Uno, HTAILY) are really great but admittedly the low points are quite awful.

I agree with Sade and James as a whole album TR is more enjoyable than T2L.

They have about the same number of standout tracks (for me) though.

TR: USoE, US, Exo 1-3 and I'm quite fond of UD

T2L: Supremacy, Madness, Survival, Animals (maybe IS, I underrated it a bit)

@ Sunburn discussion: RAAAAAWWWWR, blasphemy: great, great track, great piano, great vocals, great ending, the song is huge.

For me the lessening enjoyment of T2L comes down to the style-thiefing, which I've complaned a lot so I won't get to that again. It does have a few clear highlights that I enjoy more than TR highlights, and it I do kind of appreciate the "you never know what is up next" approach. However, TR is a much more balanced album (even with Exogenesis taking 1/4 of the album). I've even grown to appreciate Resistance a bit, so the dud section of the album isn't as bad.

Sunburn: I know it has all those elements, but the song has never done anything for me- I just don't enjoy the melody and I think Absolution tracks do the pathos thing much more effectively. It's kind of like you have an universally beloved song where you recognize and fully understand why people love it, but it does nothing for you. Like songs like Wonderwall, Free bird, Light my fire, most Beatles hits, (I can't get no) satisfaction for me.

Sometimes I wish Morgan would be treated as an actual band member and he could play things such as the Sunburn solo, and the guitar licks in the studio version of USoE while Matt plays piano

I thought he did play those ? :erm:

I rarely listen to songs from Showbiz anymore, so when i do hear Sunburn its usually a live version so it never gets old to me.

• 2 months later...