Sweet Jesus, The Resistance isn't that great. Pretty much every song on it is medicore whereas Con-Science is bloody brilliant.

Okay.

I didn't say that the Resistance was great, merely that the majority of it is superior to Con-Science. As said on the last page, Con-Science has its moments, but I don't think it's amazing. A bit too simplistic for my liking.

^basically this.

:rolleyes:

Con-Science has it's moments, but no...it's not that great.

No, it's not that great, I never said it was.

I said it was better than half the stuff on TR.

I couldn't care less about how simple it is. I don't like music because it's "complex", I like music because of what it makes me feel.

With regards with live performance, the Absolution tour was the beginning of the downfall in all honesty. It was a complete contrast to the OOS tour, suddenly there were backing tracks in at least every other song, there was a desire to make the songs sound as similar to the studio versions where possible, the whole heavily automated feel of the shows started to creep in.

Back then Muse got away with it by still mostly being a rock band, as generally it was the 3 of them doing their thing. Whereas these days where the band have moved on from being a 3-piece rock band, their show hasn't kept up with that, it mostly seems an afterthought, an inconvenience.

I agree with light shows and elaborate stage designs in principal, I don't think where it takes up to a minute between songs to change guitars, songs do sound exactly the same every time, the "improvs"/"jams" & riffs are all planned out in advance (It's insulting when people on here refer to them as jams) that it is working. Muse were a special band back when I got into them because they could change how they played each time and it was something I've always tried to apply to my own live shows, often including real live jams. To see one of the bands who influenced you in that way going "normal" is heartbreaking.

I just like the song much better, I find it more interesting and more powerful.

Bliss live, however, is pure epicness. And I've only seen videos of it, so I can imagine what it would be like in person.

Fair enough. I would still prefer Bliss over Con-Science, only because I really have to be in the right mood to really listen to it but with Bliss I could listen to it whenever. Sadly I have yet to hear it live though. :(