Muse couldn't write an album as good as OK Computer ever, the closest they got was OoS.

Come on, when was the last time you listened to OK C all the way through? It starts off alright & gradually becomes more and more awful. The Bends is a far better album.

Oh, & Absolution is a better album than OOS anyway.

Although I do love Radiohead and they aren't from Oxford.

I thought they were. Or at least they all met at the Abingdon School, didn't they?

Muse couldn't write an album as good as OK Computer ever, the closest they got was OoS.

Really, there's no telling. And besides, I'm just happy to have OoS. :D

Come on, when was the last time you listened to OK C all the way through? It starts off alright & gradually becomes more and more awful. The Bends is a far better album.

Oh, & Absolution is a better album than OOS anyway.

Last week. :p and The Bends is my second favourite.

because OKC doesn't have any painfully average tracks near the end which make me press skip - which OOS and Abso do.

Agreed with the OOS & Abso comments.

However, and this is just opinion... If you take Airbag, Paranoid Android, Karma Police & Lucky off of OK C*, painfully average is all that remains.

*and yes, those songs do make up a significant percentage of the record, but how it can regularly top 'best album ever' lists with 4 great songs is totally beyond my comprehension...

However, and this is just opinion... If you take Airbag, Paranoid Android, Karma Police & Lucky off of OK C*, painfully average is all that remains.

*and yes, those songs do make up a significant percentage of the record, but how it can regularly top 'best album ever' lists with 4 great songs is totally beyond my comprehension...

I actually think a lot of the songs you left off are better than those songs - not that they're in any way bad songs, but I rate OKC lower than most. Completely blown out of the water by almost everything they've written after it.

That leaves us with masterpieces like Exit Music, Climbing Up The Walls and No Surprises.

Abingdon rocks :D

I've been saying this for ages but Muse need to cut down the amount of riffs and jams they do, its just getting silly.

The only bands that should spend that much time on riffs and jams are the ones with one or two albums, not five albums and like 30 b-sides...

Because people like it? Don't act so aghast.

gosh, i'll act aghast if i want to :LOL:

i just have grown to properly not like that album..

The only bands that should spend that much time on riffs and jams are the ones with one or two albums, not five albums and like 30 b-sides...

thiss, plus they have way more than 30 i swear

Ranking the Muse and Radiohead albums by my preferences:

Origin of Symmetry

OK Computer

In Rainbows

Absolution

Kid A

The Bends

Amnesiac

Hail to the Thief

The Resistance

Showbiz

Black Holes and Revelations

Pablo Honey

Origin of Symmetry

In Rainbows

OK Computer

Black Holes and Revelations

Kid A

Amnesiac

Absolution

The Resistance

Hail to the Thief

The Bends

Showbiz

Pablo Honey

That would be my list, not that anyone would care lol. I used to rate Kid A as Radioheads best album, but then In Rainbows came about, and then I came to realise that Kid A isn't as flowing as other albums and i'd swap in some other songs from that period.