My brother (who doesn't like Muse very much) compares them to Queen every 5 seconds :LOL: Maybe if you've only heard a few of their songs you might think that? :unsure:(Mind you, I love Queen, so I don't see it as an insult at all. I just think that they aren't as much like Queen as some people think).

Of course, my brother also says Guiding Light and NSC sound like 80s power ballads (which they do) So he's not ALWAYS wrong. :LOL:

My mom, who doesn't even listen to Queen, thinks they sound like Queen :chuckle:

I happen to hate Queen soo...

My mom, who doesn't even listen to Queen, thinks they sound like Queen :chuckle:

Well they are similar, just that Muse focuses more on space-esque things and electronica while Queen leans towards a more baroque style.

Glorious is shit

Undisclosed Desires is a waste of setlist space

The Resistance ruined everything Muse had going for them :noey:

...Not serious on the last one. Sure, I don't like it as much as the other albums, but it didn't destroy them. It didn't take them to new heights, either. It lacks 'wow' factor. It's just 'an album'.

How can you hate Queen?? Sorry, i know that there is music for every taste but i really dont get that people hate them!

And in USOE they really sound a bit Queenesc...

About the others im not so sure, but then again they are supposed to sound like Muse and not Queen!

Matt sounds nothing like Tom or Freddie Mercury. The bit in USoE doesn't sound ANYTHING like Queen/Freddie at all. Same with anything pre-Origin of Symmetry to Tom. I find no resemblance.

Well maybe that's not so wierd considering you never listen to Radiohead. By the way, his name is Thom. And USoE was almost a homage to Queen, at least very inspired, Muse said so themselves. If you can't hear it, well that's your problem.

My brother (who doesn't like Muse very much) compares them to Queen every 5 seconds :LOL: Maybe if you've only heard a few of their songs you might think that? :unsure:(Mind you, I love Queen, so I don't see it as an insult at all. I just think that they aren't as much like Queen as some people think).

My Dad compares Muse to Queen day in, day out. :LOL: But he loves Queen to death, and is just starting to warm up to Muse.

Stockholm Syndrome isn't that good live :erm:

:pope: !

:LOL:

...But I couldn't disagree more. Different strokes for different folks :p

My Dad compares Muse to Queen day in, day out. :LOL: But he loves Queen to death, and is just starting to warm up to Muse.

:pope: !

:LOL:

...But I couldn't disagree more. Different strokes for different folks :p

Well, for me, the highlight of the song is "I WISH I COOOUUULD", and the way he just moans "Yeaah wish I cooouu-" live just ruins the entire song for me. :noey: It's especially bad on HAARP.

But apart from that, it's amazing :D

Well, for me, the highlight of the song is "I WISH I COOOUUULD", and the way he just moans "Yeaah wish I cooouu-" live just ruins the entire song for me. :noey: It's especially bad on HAARP.

But apart from that, it's amazing :D

HAARP-SS is pretty average, I agree. But it's not the rule, thankfully.

Well he may not be amazing, but he is quite good. I don't think drumming is just about doing fills, etc, as fast as you can. While that certainly can be very impressive, a lot of the beats he has made are quite unique, very fun to play and suit the music very well.

Blah, he really isn't anything special, gets the job done but that's it.

showbiz was by far the worst album, and the live versions on hullabaloo weren't that great.

Showbiz does consist of a couple of weak tracks such as HT&ILY,Overdue,Escape but it is still better than The Resistance and BH&R.Hullabaloo has fantastic performances on it.

Glorious is shit

Agree with both points.

Stockholm Syndrome isn't that good live :erm:

Everyone has different likes I suppose.

I love SS live :D,I do have to admit that KOC was underwhelming when I saw it live,SS was more fun.

Glorious is shit

The Resistance ruined everything Muse had going for them :noey:

...Not serious on the last one. Sure, I don't like it as much as the other albums, but it didn't destroy them. It didn't take them to new heights, either. It lacks 'wow' factor. It's just 'an album'.

Glorious is very good actually, especially in comparison to CoD, Assassin, Exo-politics, etc. It fits the space rock theme of BHAR better and would make it a better album.

Any beef on TR isn't controversal and no one wants to hear complaints about it anymore, honestly.

-Screenager is really nice.

-Live, SS is very hard to decipher

- I think TR is Muse's strongest album (note that I say strongest, not best). In comparison to Showbiz's hodgepodge of songs, OoS's inconsistancy and poor order, Absolution's poor ordering in the end, and BHAR's complete theme swap, TR stays solid and focused. The order is well thought out, flowing, and all of the songs are powerful in their own way (unlike B-side-esque Exo politics and TSP). None of the songs sound like "filler songs" and they all are incredibly played live. Soon to be classics such as Uprising, MK Ultra, US, and USoE will make great staple songs or rotations.

I don't remember if it was here, or elsewhere, but someone said that the transition into "Spread our codes to the stars" was the weakest moment in CP and Exo, I agree.

Intro to CP makes up infinitely for it though,

Muse's early stuff (99-02ish) has awful tempo and almost makes me cringe at times. This is mostly Matt's fault, rushing the hell out of intros.

Yes! While the pacing on album OOS is good, live it sounds absolutely bizarre. The tracks on Hullabaloo just sound weird and empty because they're played so bloody quick. I thought I was the only one who thought this though.

Agree on the 'strongest album' comment as well, flow/pacing/sequencing on TR is very good for Muse, almost... Radiohead-like.

- The Resistance would be better having 3 'normal' songs at the end, instead of Exogenesis

- Blackout is the worst album track they have released.

- Guiding Light is an amazing live song.

- I like Showbiz, Absolution, Black Holes & Revalations and The Resistance better than Origin of Symmetry

that's it for now :p

How the fuck do you hate Queen?

I think they're HORRIBLY overrated. I've given them a listen a bunch of times and I really don't like their music. At all.

Well they are similar, just that Muse focuses more on space-esque things and electronica while Queen leans towards a more baroque style.

Probably why I like one and not the other.. ?

How can you hate Queen?? Sorry, i know that there is music for every taste but i really dont get that people hate them!

And in USOE they really sound a bit Queenesc...

About the others im not so sure, but then again they are supposed to sound like Muse and not Queen!

It's funny that USoE sounds Queen-ish because it's one of my favourites on The Resistance

Yes! While the pacing on album OOS is good, live it sounds absolutely bizarre. The tracks on Hullabaloo just sound weird and empty because they're played so bloody quick. I thought I was the only one who thought this though.

I knew I couldn't be the only one!! :LOL: And me being the one who plays music, alone or in a group, that bothers me to no end. I can't really listen to Hullabaloo without cringing or skipping songs alltogether.

Thank god they've improved since!! :D

*mumblesunderbreath*butthenewborntempochangestillneedspractice <_<