• Apocalypse Please
    • Butterflies & Hurricanes
    • Ruled by Secrecy
    • Take A Bow
    • Assassin
    • I Belong To You
    • Dead Star
    • The Groove

still excited CE was played. again, thank you carina for calling me. i felt like i was there. it was so damn loud and i got to sing with everyone. :LOL:

i'm glad everyone enjoyed themselves. that was pretty epic.

...now muse... can you do something similar at voodoo?! for the love of god, PLEASE?!

Does anyone have Metric's setlist?

I know that they opened with Black Sheep and played the following, but I may not have the order correct:

Black Sheep

Satellite Mind

Dead Disco

Gold Guns Girls

Sick Muse

Help I'm Alive

I think 'm missing a song but can't think what it was.

GREAT SHOW, even if it wasn't one of their longest setlists -- they played with passion and precision and the sound system & venue acoustics were very good, or so it seemed to me. (I much favored the sound we got tonight compared to that at the March 5 2010 MSG show, which I thought was blighted by excessive static-y sounds in the treble range.)

Matt's a ridiculously great singer; his voice is so strong and yet pure and sweet, always hitting the notes cleanly and never wavering, and hitting thrilling high notes in "CE" and "Exo Pt. 1". If they're trimming the setlists in order to preserve his voice, it's a worthy trade-off, even if some fans might understandably feel it'd be better to trim the occasional gig and play longer sets instead...

Other impressions: the huge Dom fan in Section 18 with her hair drawn back in a ponytail, who wore a Spiderman dress (with fishnet stockings, no less!) -- you're braver than I am and I hope you get to meet Dom someday if you haven't already; the ganja smoke wafting heavily and cloyingly through my section (good thing I'm not taking a drug test soon):

I thought the sound was better last night than on Saturday, especially for Metric's set. I'm not sure if it's the venue or where I was (sound board on Saturday/section 8 on Sunday).

The point about Matt's voice is a good one if that is the case for a 15 song set. I'd still prefer longer sets with a longer gap between shows, but if the alternative is a 23 song set where Matt sounds like crap through half of the songs, I'll settle for a shorter set... shorter meaning 16-17 proper songs. ;)

The girl in the Spiderman dress was at my hotel. I saw her in the lobby after the show and just knew that she had to be coming from the show because it's too early to be dressed up for Halloween.

still excited CE was played. again, thank you carina for calling me. i felt like i was there. it was so damn loud and i got to sing with everyone. :LOL:

i'm glad everyone enjoyed themselves. that was pretty epic.

...now muse... can you do something similar at voodoo?! for the love of god, PLEASE?!

Awww you're welcome!!! :D I kept checking the phone hoping that it didn't go to voicemail or I pressed the end button. :LOL: (Knowing me, that totally would happen)

Ughhhh I want to write up my day and experiences and crap here, but I'm gonna be late for Interpersonal Communications class :(.

ILL BE BACK. ;)

^ Like me. It's not one of my top favs (but HELL YEAH WE GOT CE INSTEAD OF GL) so I dunno that much of the lyrics :facepalm:

OMFG THAT WAS AMAZING though I wish I were taller. From now on, GA all the wayyyy!! I was ~6th row when the concert first started. Next time will be barrier! :thumbsup:

I didn't take many pics cuz I was too busy jumping around screaming. A lot of them turned out blurry too... But here's the link to my photo album:

http://s57.photobucket.com/albums/g229/tiptup13/Muse%20at%20Prudential%20Center/

If you saw someone get lifted up before the show to take a pic of the GA area behind her, that was me. :D

Rofl yeah they need a sign to tell them which city they're in. :LOL:

I was pretty sure that I saw you. But then I saw this: IMG_1437.jpg[/img]

That's me in the red Devils shirt. I hope you had as much fun as me. I stayed in that spot until Hysteria, at which point in moved back and to the right a few rows to spend the rest of the show in the pit!

I was pretty sure that I saw you. But then I saw this: IMG_1437.jpg[/img]

That's me in the red Devils shirt. I hope you had as much fun as me. I stayed in that spot until Hysteria, at which point in moved back and to the right a few rows to spend the rest of the show in the pit!

LOL, you were the one that walked in yelling "LETS GO DEVILS!"

Awww you're welcome!!! :D I kept checking the phone hoping that it didn't go to voicemail or I pressed the end button. :LOL: (Knowing me, that totally would happen)

Ughhhh I want to write up my day and experiences and crap here, but I'm gonna be late for Interpersonal Communications class :(.

ILL BE BACK. ;)

:LOL: i was so scared the signal was going to go out. i tried not to talk or sing much because i thought my voice would jinx the whole thing. it wasn't until the end, when it was over and you started talking to me that it hit me and i realized the heard the WHOLE song. :D

too epic. just too epic.

if they do something amazing at voodoo, your favor will be returned.

also side bar. i really liked the crowdsurfer who had massive spikes for hair. hahaha that made me smile.

Did u see Kevin? It was right at the end, during KoC, he was doing some crowd surfing and when security put hi

down he started like ranting hahahaha, high5-ing everyone! Until security grabbed him fro

the neck, like locking him... It was so funny!

A couple more notes:

As soon as Metric's carpet was rolled up and the floor swept, a guitar tech brought out a Glitterati. I was SO excited to see this! But I never got a good enough look to see which one it was. It was probably the later one, with the more even glitter distribution, but can anyone comment or confirm? And do we know for sure just how many of the red glitter guitars Matt has, let alone their respective damage assessments?

It was also a huge thrill to see the legendary 7-string E Manson; to really see it, and not just off a tower screen from way away. It's the seats for me from now on; it makes such a difference to actually SEE these guys play, continuously, and not just catch erratic glimpses of them from the neck or occasionally the waist up. On paper, a loggia/loge seat on the floor looks great and acoustically it can be (and often is) the best seat in the house; but if the riser isn't steep enough (the incline at MSG was very shallow) and/or if you're short, then fuhgeddaboudit; you're not going to see much more than the backs of people's heads.

Re. the Pru's acoustics: I was pleasantly surprised by how good it sounded... this is a hockey arena, after all, with a VERY high, boxy ceiling (and a lot of steel rafters overhead) -- you'd think this would create some awful reverb and echoing, but I didn't hear any of that. People, how did the venue sound to you from where you were?

And re. pics, filming, and security: security was not a factor for Section 18 at all. We got our tickets checked to get into the section, but that was it -- I didn't see any interference or harrassment of anyone taking pics or shooting film, and there were a lot of people doing that, and shooting long stretches of video. (So there should be some good vid clips turning up from Matt's corner soon!) If I wasn't so utterly crap at digital photography, I could've taken a bunch of great pics, but I gave up early on pics and just enjoyed the show for what it was, and being in the moment -- and I don't regret that in the least. There will be tons of other people's pics turning up of this gig, and they'll be better shots than anything I would've taken (or could've, given my camera). (That was another mistake I made at the MSG show -- I tried too hard to take pics and ended up with a few dozen truly awful pics, aimed mostly blindly from behind taller people in front of me, and didn't settle for getting into the flow of it as much as I should have.)

Rock concerts are a Zen thing; sometimes you have to put the camera down and just go with the flow, let the water carry you downstream...

tumblr_lauk6nrzWu1qbwiqro1_500.jpg

Wait, we got that many songs? Hahaha, I didn't even realize. I was too busy going OH MY GOD the whole time. :LOL:

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :$ :$ :$ :$ :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Oh my God... Hahahaha! Hey we could have done a duet -- you on ukulele and me singing :LO L:

Haha, that would've been fun, too bad it didn't happen. You seemed really pissed though. :unsure:

Did u see Kevin? It was right at the end, during KoC, he was doing some crowd surfing and when security put hi

down he started like ranting hahahaha, high5-ing everyone! Until security grabbed him fro

the neck, like locking him... It was so funny!

lmao YES. that was too much! its like cmon guys. were you that bored? :LOL: i wish the guards were more into the concert. i was like yelling in their faces singing and they all had the blankest stares.

It is so ignorant to assume people not singing along don't know the lyrics. CE isn't really a sing-along friendly song like TiRO, PiB, KoC, Uprising, Starlight etc. I don't sing along with any songs, not just because I am taping, but also because my voice is shit, and it would ruin the concert for the people around me, and more importantly and selfishly, it would ruin it for ME!! Sure I sing along to it alone in my car.. just not at concerts. It doesn't mean I don't know lyrics.

Relax, I only said it seemed like they didn't know the lyrics because my section of the pit was singing along to virtually every song up until that point -- and quite enthusiastically -- and then I didn't hear a single person singing during CE. Wasn't making a sweeping generalization about people who don't sing not knowing the lyrics.

Last night was so awesome!!!

It was my third concert, first in seats (Section 8, Row 11). :-O It was good to take pix & video but I really really missed being in the pit. So, no more seats for me!

I was so happy they played CE, it took me a couple seconds to stop screaming and start recording some video. I posted it on youtube (name: Divanatrix1) and I also have the whole encore recorded but I couldn't post it this morning cuz my technology was being an assmunch.

Prudential Center was a much nicer venue than Nassau Coliseum, especially sound-wise, but I didn't appreciate the lack of exits- which made leaving a nightmare. Travel to/from NYC was not bad though.

Anyway, now I'm sad because who knows when I'll get to see them again. :(

Relax, I only said it seemed like they didn't know the lyrics because my section of the pit was singing along to virtually every song up until that point -- and quite enthusiastically -- and then I didn't hear a single person singing during CE. Wasn't making a sweeping generalization about people who don't sing not knowing the lyrics.

:p i mean i definitely judge people who don't sing. half the time i was like choking because i was singing too loud but i felt it was necessary and i was...feeling good.

har har har. :$

Archived