Anyone have good Thanksgiving plans? Seth are you making anything especially cheffy? I made reservations this year! I know that's terrible but my Mom and I swore we would go out this year as we were cleaning and slaving and everyone else was watching football!

My parents and I are going to the football game the Saturday after Thanksgiving, so it really doesn't seem worth the mileage to me to drive all the way home and back so quickly (360 miles one way). So me and two girlfriends (who are equally misplaced) are having Thanksgiving together. I'm contributing my cocktail meatballs, a chocolate chess pie, and the wine. :)

Because my kids go to school and if we go on a school day we can only watch shows after 4pm...i don't like my elementary school aged boys out at a movie on a school night. i don't want to go tomorrow, since i'm sure it will be packed. we'll probably go on Wednesday afternoon...no school!

Gotcha. It's a long movie and with previews, it's nearly three hours.

i know someone had mentioned that they thought the movie was too intense for small children, but my 6 year old is going :$ He has seen the previous 6 movies and I really don't think he would be happy if the rest of us (his 2 older brothers, me and hubby) ditched him to go watch it without him. i'm usually pretty uptight about what my children can & cannot watch/listen to (we don't even watch tv). Harry Potter is an exception as far as scary, violent movies go . Oh, and "Lord of the Rings" :LOL:

That was me. I think it's fine for people who have read the books and know exactly what to expect and you, of course, know what your children can handle. However, I suspect that many of the people who brought small children (I'm talking toddlers) think HP is just the latest kids' movie...which it isn't. The first one was, but it's gotten progressively darker.

He so annoys me but now I won't cringe if I see him in a movie.

Me, too, Heidi!

I can't single out a quote or multi quote y'all are the King's and Queen's of multi quoting!!! Anyway Tracy said people were lining up for HP at 10am for a midnight show. I don't get these crazy people who stand in line all day to see something they love!!:LOL::LOL: Next time I'll be right there with you I just wish I knew when that was going to be:'( !

:chuckle: Have you considered going to Lollapalooza?

Anyone have good Thanksgiving plans? Seth are you making anything especially cheffy? I made reservations this year! I know that's terrible but my Mom and I swore we would go out this year as we were cleaning and slaving and everyone else was watching football!

I don't blame you for going out to eat. When we lived on Base in CA, we always used to have a crowd for TG but I seemed to be the only one on dish duty. :mad: Since we've been in NC, it's only been the four of us but this year, my parents, sister, brother-in-law and neices and nephew are coming down from PA. I'm so excited to have a family Thanksgiving for the first time in years. :D

My parents and I are going to the football game the Saturday after Thanksgiving, so it really doesn't seem worth the mileage to me to drive all the way home and back so quickly (360 miles one way). So me and two girlfriends (who are equally misplaced) are having Thanksgiving together. I'm contributing my cocktail meatballs, a chocolate chess pie, and the wine. :)

Tell me about this chocolate chess pie. I don't like pumpkin pie so I want to make a chocolately dessert.

Just to keep it slightly on topic...I saw the "Uprising" video yesterday. Dom is quite funny in that because his arms seem to flail a lot with the slo-mo.

I used to hate UD until I saw Matt perform it live:

helsinki_ud.gif

Now I love it. :ninja:

mmm.....me likey....:stongue:

Tell me about this chocolate chess pie. I don't like pumpkin pie so I want to make a chocolately dessert.

Gladly! It's my favesies...It is superdedooper easy to make, and it's delicious. It tastes like a cross between chess squares and chocolate pie. Here's the recipe if anyone wants to try it (hahaha, I always try to sell the shit out of this pie...seriously...my favesies...), and because it's so easy, it's effortless to do a trial run before a family Thanksgiving...

Mix all of the following in a large bowl until smooth:

3 tbsp cocoa

2 eggs

1/2 stick melted butter

1 1/2 cups sugar

1 (small 5 oz) can carnation milk

t tsp vanilla

Once mixed, pour into a 9 in. deep dish pie shell. Bake at 350 for 50 minutes.

mmmm......yum....

I used to hate UD until I saw Matt perform it live:

helsinki_ud.gif

Now I love it. :ninja:

:eek: whew!! suddenly it's really hot in here :dance:

Tracy~ I think the most intense movie my kids have seen in the theater (besides the last Harry Potter, which the littlest one didn't come to) was Clash of the Titans this past summer. I'm pretty sure that HP 7 will have all those same "good overcomes evil"/ "love conquers all" redeeming factors that the last few HP movies have had. That makes a huge difference.

Gladly! It's my favesies...It is superdedooper easy to make, and it's delicious. It tastes like a cross between chess squares and chocolate pie. Here's the recipe if anyone wants to try it (hahaha, I always try to sell the shit out of this pie...seriously...my favesies...), and because it's so easy, it's effortless to do a trial run before a family Thanksgiving...

Mix all of the following in a large bowl until smooth:

3 tbsp cocoa

2 eggs

1/2 stick melted butter

1 1/2 cups sugar

1 (small 5 oz) can carnation milk

t tsp vanilla

Once mixed, pour into a 9 in. deep dish pie shell. Bake at 350 for 50 minutes.

mmmm......yum....

Thanks for the recipe--it sounds delicious. My favorite part is "easy". :p

Tracy~ I think the most intense movie my kids have seen in the theater (besides the last Harry Potter, which the littlest one didn't come to) was Clash of the Titans this past summer. I'm pretty sure that HP 7 will have all those same "good overcomes evil"/ "love conquers all" redeeming factors that the last few HP movies have had. That makes a huge difference.

Again, you know what your kids can handle and I know you are a great mom. Depending on the subject matter, I have taken my kids to R-rated movies but it really bothers me when people bring young childen to adult movies. When I saw "Saving Private Ryan", there were two kids, probably aged 3 and 5, and they cried and covered their ears during that first intense scene. I was so upset that I fumed the rest of the movie. What is wrong with people?! If you can't afford a babysitter, STAY HOME! Ok, rant over. :)

I've decided I'm gonna re-real ALL the HP books. Again. It's been years since I read the first one. :happy:

I'm glad I re-read "The Deathly Hallows" recently because I had already forgotten some of the details and they don't spoon-feed you in these movies, which I like.

I'm so mad that I didn't watch the AMAs last night becuase Muse won...and Matt, Dom, and Tom were there to accept! Yay for them :thumbsup: and boo for me :(

I can top that. There was an article in the newspaper yesterday about a woman who arrived at the theater at 10:00 AM to line up for the midnight showing! :wtf:

O.o That is COMPLETELY and utterly insane. I was there forty minutes early & had an amazing seat.

I just never liked the song. I have nothing against pop music, either. I think the fact that I saw it at all three of my shows made me hate it more becuase a better song could have taken its' place. Just my opinion. ;)

Ever since I first heard it, I didn’t like the sound of it. It played in Atlanta & I took that time to take some pics haha. I wish I’d only taken pics, because my old camera was crap with videos. The sound was awful, it didn’t want to focus half the time. So annoying.

Sorry for the double post--look what I saw in Entertainment Weekly. I'm not a fan of Paul Reiser but he and his daughter have good taste! :musesign:

Ah that’s cool! Although…(((I don’t know who he is XD))))

Actually, we have 8 theatres within this area too, 5 of which are playing Harry Potter... Maybe Knoxville is just crazier than Greeneville. :LOL:

Aha thats insane! Must be more Harry Potter fans there, then, if it was lined up that much, even with that many theaters! How many screens were they showing it on, I wonder?

[spoiler=THE SCENE WHERE HARRY SAID TEIGNMOUTH]Near the end of the movie, after the Snatchers took Harry, Ron, and Hermione. When Dobby appeared in the basement (Oh, Dobby...:'( ), Harry told Dobby to take Mr. Ollivander and Luna to a place a couple miles outside of Teignmouth. And even though the scene was intense and serious....Inside, my mind went......:musesign:

No wasnt it Ron that said it? He was the only one that knew where Bill & Fluer's place is. But I dont remember now...

i know someone had mentioned that they thought the movie was too intense for small children, but my 6 year old is going :$

Sounds like he should be fine. Especially if he's seen the others. On Saturday, as we were leaving, walking down the stairs, a woman & her children were right in front of me. I was surprised to see a child so small, he was probably 5. Because I hadnt heard any kids during the movie at all. And the mother was asking him what he thought about it, and he did this little jump and very excitedly said "I LOVED IT!!!" I thought it was so cute, even though I dont like kids. She asked him what part was his favorite, and he at first said he didnt know, then he said "I liked the camping part!.......Actually.....I liked ALL OF IT" It was funny the way he said Actually, like AAaaaaaactually... :LOL: He was so cute I was very tempted to give him my stuffed owl XD

I can't single out a quote or multi quote y'all are the King's and Queen's of multi quoting!!! Any

Haha its a bad habit of mine XD I would rather post to everyone, once a day or so & get everything in, than do a load of little short posts *shrugs*

I don't blame you for going out to eat.

I wish we were : ( We're going to my grandmother's, which I am not happy about at all.

Aaw I love pumpkin pie. I love anything pumpkin actually, I want to try Pumpkin Juice at the HP theme park very badly XD If I send you the money, will you buy me some (I believe I heard it was sold in bottles) when you go, Tracy? XD

Ok, I've finished my Matt painting again. Fixed a few things(darkened the suit, etc), and added the final touch, glitter :D (this pic is a little bright, so the coloring is a teeny bit off but its ok)

[spoiler=Completely Finished Matt Painting]DSC07325.jpg

And since that pic doesnt properly show the full awesome sparkleyness of the glitter, here's a video (though looking at it in person tops anything...haha I havent felt so happy with my own art work in a loooooong time) I hope Eri likes the glitter!

[spoiler=GLITTER]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3_JrVl8ZBs

I'm so mad that I didn't watch the AMAs last night becuase Muse won...and Matt, Dom, and Tom were there to accept! Yay for them :thumbsup: and boo for me :(

I didnt even know it was on, or that Muse were nominated : ( I'm a bad fan lol

It didn't even occur to me to watch. :( I was watching Weeds instead. :p I guess it's just as well; I wouldn't have wanted to sit through the rest of the show! The pictures from the event are just awesome! :happy:

Amber- Your painting looks so amazing!!! I love it!! You ought to be very proud! Eri is going to freak when she gets it. BTW- My motto is "Everything is better with Glitter!" Even my boys say it from hearing from me over the years ( much to their father's chagrin) so...No! you did not go overboard it looks fabulous!!

Thanks for the recipe--it sounds delicious. My favorite part is "easy". :p

No prob! :D

Aha thats insane! Must be more Harry Potter fans there, then, if it was lined up that much, even with that many theaters! How many screens were they showing it on, I wonder?

Hmm....I know the one we were at had 2 starting at the same time, with one more about 30 min later, dunno about the rest.

No wasnt it Ron that said it? He was the only one that knew where Bill & Fluer's place is. But I dont remember now...

I think you're right. My bad.

Ok, I've finished my Matt painting again. Fixed a few things(darkened the suit, etc), and added the final touch, glitter :D (this pic is a little bright, so the coloring is a teeny bit off but its ok)

[spoiler=Completely Finished Matt Painting]DSC07325.jpg

And since that pic doesnt properly show the full awesome sparkleyness of the glitter, here's a video (though looking at it in person tops anything...haha I havent felt so happy with my own art work in a loooooong time) I hope Eri likes the glitter!

[spoiler=GLITTER]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3_JrVl8ZBs

Looks fabulous!! She's gonna love it! :D

Ah that’s cool! Although…(((I don’t know who he is XD))))

Haha--Paul Reiser is a comedian/actor who is probably best known for being on the show "Mad About You" with Helen Hunt.

I wish we were : ( We're going to my grandmother's, which I am not happy about at all.

You don't like Grandma's cooking?

Aaw I love pumpkin pie. I love anything pumpkin actually, I want to try Pumpkin Juice at the HP theme park very badly XD If I send you the money, will you buy me some (I believe I heard it was sold in bottles) when you go, Tracy? XD

Of course! I was planning to get little souvenirs for all of you HP fans.

That is amazing! You are very talented. :)

It didn't even occur to me to watch. :( I was watching Weeds instead. :p I guess it's just as well; I wouldn't have wanted to sit through the rest of the show! The pictures from the event are just awesome! :happy:

I love all of the photos! Matt is dressed normally, Dom got new shoes, and Tom is hamming it up!

Amber- Your painting looks so amazing!!! I love it!! You ought to be very proud! Eri is going to freak when she gets it. BTW- My motto is "Everything is better with Glitter!" Even my boys say it from hearing from me over the years ( much to their father's chagrin) so...No! you did not go overboard it looks fabulous!!

:LOL: I love your motto, Heidi!

Haha thanks. The next one I’m doing will have to have all over glitter, since it’s a picture from the Raleigh show, so I think I will put it on sparingly. I don’t want the sparkles to fully cover the red lol.

I want to do this too before I go to see DH... It will probably be on DVD by then!:LOL:

I’m hoping they rerelease it to theaters before Part 2 comes out. In 3D. Or have double showings & watch them both straight in a row. That would be awesome.

Haha--Paul Reiser is a comedian/actor who is probably best known for being on the show "Mad About You" with Helen Hunt.

No wonder I don’t know who he is XD

You don't like Grandma's cooking?

Well she is a terrible cook, but fortunately my mom is in charge of most of the food. She got all the cooking talent in the family (I know I got none at all lol) ..But the reason I don’t want to go there is that my Grandmother & I do not get along. She is a very gossipy/hypocritical/controlling/religiously forceful nutcase. And she drives me insane.

Of course! I was planning to get little souvenirs for all of you HP fans.

Aaw really? Thanks! But really, I will pay you for it

I love all of the photos! Matt is dressed normally, Dom got new shoes, and Tom is hamming it up!

Anybody have a link to these photos? I’ve only seen the ones people posted on Facebook. Matt looks very handsome, btw ; ) Loving his current look.

Is our thread dying? :'(

I guess four weeks after the show is our limit, I dunno, we don’t have much to talk about…

Oh, and I'd like this for Christmas, please. kthx. http://www.charitybuzz.com/catalog_items/252008

Aah that is so awesome! it’s a very good thing I don’t have money in the bank, otherwise, I would be bidding on that in a heartbeat XD LOL I can spot Matt's autograph from a mile away, thanks to the curly Y. Haha when he signed my poster, he took more time on the Y than all the rest of the name put together XD It was so cute.

Back to the subject of Harry Potter...who all would be interested in meeting up to go see it together? I already know Tracy is, of course. Anyone else interested? I figure we could probably start talking about/planning that, give us something to talk about in here haha

Back to the subject of Harry Potter...who all would be interested in meeting up to go see it together? I already know Tracy is, of course. Anyone else interested? I figure we could probably start talking about/planning that, give us something to talk about in here haha

Depends on how far away it is :shifty:

Depends on how far away it is :shifty:

Thats why we need to figure this stuff out. We need to figure where everyone is, & how far they would be willing to drive....I'm in SC, near the top of the state. Raleigh was about 5 hours away for me (btw there is an Imax in raleigh)

Thats why we need to figure this stuff out. We need to figure where everyone is, & how far they would be willing to drive....I'm in SC, near the top of the state. Raleigh was about 5 hours away for me (btw there is an Imax in raleigh)

I live in Apex, NC and RBC was only a 30 minute drive at the most. I can't drive, though. :supersad: I would have to get my mom to drive me or something though, she doesn't like driving me places though :LOL:

Archived