Sorry – slammed at work recently – however I do seem to recall at one point promising a multi-angle version of Knights, including a best-available-audio upgrade.

Direct link here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1316733/Knights_of_Cydonia_%28Raleigh2010%29.mp4

I swear my favorite part is when the guy yells "Take a Bow, bay-bee!" once he realizes that Knights will not be the gig closer. My reaction exactly. :LOL:

Enjoy! :D

Thank You! :)

And I hope yall don’t mind, but I put on some other people’s pictures. I cant remember who’s but I think I mainly stole Tracy’s :LOL: And I hope you don’t mind, but Eri, I used one of yours. The one you took of the crowd reaching for the balloon. I needed a shot of the balloon to put next to my piece of balloon lol.

Anyways, here it is: http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss216/alm2386/Muse/DSC06597.jpg

Sorry about the glares all over it.

Amber, that is such a great pic of you and Matt! Love the collage, thanks for sharing :D

Charlie is the best actor in the movies, I think. And provides the much-needed humor. :yesey:

lol, I know, how you can you not love Charlie? :)

I was late to the game in reading those books, I didn't discover them til someone on this mb posted about the author thanking Muse in her books. I think this was after they had already cast for Twilight. I think the books are entertaining and fun fluff. I also thought the last movie was the best of the 3. Cheese? yeah, but I like some cheese sometimes. :p

Does anybody have some HD pictures of the towers during Take a Bow? I've got little arts and crafts thing for the show which I want to base around green lasers and a few tower shots during TaB (Green cubes). Thanks

Here is a slideshow I made on Youtube

If you want some pics add me on FB and I'll send you ones you want.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000499825956

Last night I watched the Wembley and Hullabaloo DVD's. I danced/cried/reveled in the awesome Museiness. When I went to bed I thought about having a Muse shut in weekend at my house. We could all get together swim/drink/eat (Seth can chef us up) and talk about Muse/listen/watch like one big happy Muse family!!! I was comforted by this possibility! Anyway....this type of thing can happen if we want it to. Plus a weekend in Charleston is always fun! Something to think about....

I would be down for that. I miss my Musers. :(

photo.php?pid=1871636&l=94eb6601da&id=1163553754

Hi all! First post here. Muse has been my favorite band since the first time I saw them (back in 2005)

I've introduced literally hundreds of people to MUSE. I had the pleasure of another front row muse experience in October at the RBC Center in Raleigh NC.

Anyways.... it inspired me to paint. I should note this is LITERALLY my 2nd painting EVER.

The borders of the painting is made from one of the giant balloons that floated around towards the end. The black and white paper confetti strips were inside the balloons. Yes... that is the actual setlist from the concert, my ticket, and my floor wrist band as well in the painting.

musepainting.jpg[/img]

Just thought I'd share!

:D' alt='biggrin.gif.9ffaed6b5a5bfacb5a0095433e81a226.gif' alt=':D'>'>

Welcome to the board! That's a beautiful painting! :D

I had my mp3 on shuffle in the car and RBS came on adn I started crying a little :$ No the saem anymore with that song

I can't listen to that song the same way anymore either. It was already so beautiful, but now....suuuuper powerful!

Is it weird that I've been craving "Guiding Light" lately? Maybe I need to eat more cheese, so then my ears won't crave it so much...

A girl to day saw my flashy galsses in my pocket and asked if I liked Muse by chance and of cours eI relied yes. It got me thinking about you guys. Miss y'all :kiss:

Aww, neat. :happy: Was she hot? :eyebrows:

P.S. You must be sober 'cause your typing sucks. lol :chuckle: Wasn't that you that said you typed better drunk? :erm:

HI Raleigh Musers - How are ya! Sorry I haven't been posting much - real life and all. But, I've been reading and keeping up.

Anyways, I have a totally non-Muse related question and I don't really know where to go to get people's opinion. It's a Facebook question - ok, so I try to keep my "friends" list at around 250. Mainly because (1) FB will only show you news feed for 250, and (2) I don't want to be 'that' person that tries to get as many friends as possible to seem cool. So, after the Muse gigs, when I met so many awesome people that I wanted to add as FB friends, I went and did a little cleaning up of the Friends list and deleted some people. Mainly people that I went to high school with that I never see anymore and wasn't that close to anyways. WELL, today, one of the people that I deleted has sent me friend request - again. I am conflicted because I don't want to hurt her feelings, but I really don't want to accept, knowing she will be the first to go next time I have to clean out the list again. I'd hate to have to delete her TWICE. But, obviously she noticed that I deleted her, and I don't want to be rude.

What should I do - accept the friend request and then delete her again when the time comes, or just click ignore and have her think I'm a total bitch?

And Heidi - I'm up for a Musey-meet-up anytime. In an interview, when Matt was asked about when a tour video would come out, he said "Christmas is good for business." Yet, I can't imagine that one would come out in December when they still have the Australia gigs to do. My guess would be in the spring sometime.

Does anybody have some HD pictures of the towers during Take a Bow? I've got little arts and crafts thing for the show which I want to base around green lasers and a few tower shots during TaB (Green cubes). Thanks

Nice slideshow--thanks for sharing. I'll send you a friend request on FB and you can look through my photos.

Is it weird that I've been craving "Guiding Light" lately? Maybe I need to eat more cheese, so then my ears won't crave it so much...

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

A girl to day saw my flashy galsses in my pocket and asked if I liked Muse by chance and of cours eI relied yes. It got me thinking about you guys. Miss y'all :kiss:

That is a great story! I miss everyone, too. Any Linkin Park fans here? I know Kim is one. I'm not a huge fan but I wouldn't mind seeing them on this tour. Maybe we can meet up for that?

HI Raleigh Musers - How are ya! Sorry I haven't been posting much - real life and all. But, I've been reading and keeping up.

Anyways, I have a totally non-Muse related question and I don't really know where to go to get people's opinion. It's a Facebook question - ok, so I try to keep my "friends" list at around 250. Mainly because (1) FB will only show you news feed for 250, and (2) I don't want to be 'that' person that tries to get as many friends as possible to seem cool. So, after the Muse gigs, when I met so many awesome people that I wanted to add as FB friends, I went and did a little cleaning up of the Friends list and deleted some people. Mainly people that I went to high school with that I never see anymore and wasn't that close to anyways. WELL, today, one of the people that I deleted has sent me friend request - again. I am conflicted because I don't want to hurt her feelings, but I really don't want to accept, knowing she will be the first to go next time I have to clean out the list again. I'd hate to have to delete her TWICE. But, obviously she noticed that I deleted her, and I don't want to be rude.

What should I do - accept the friend request and then delete her again when the time comes, or just click ignore and have her think I'm a total bitch?

I clean house on FB every few months and it's usually the high school people that don't make the cut. Honestly, after you've done the "what have you been doing since graduation?" thing, there usually isn't much more to say. If I were you, I'd just ignore the friend request and she'll get the message. Is there any chance you'll run into her in real life? If not, don't worry about it. I've gotten to the point that if I accept friend requests and don't hear from the person within a few days, I delete them. Some people are just looking for quantity, not quality.

Ah--Reistance is on AltNation right now. Now that's a good way to start a Monday! :D

That is a great story! I miss everyone, too. Any Linkin Park fans here? I know Kim is one. I'm not a huge fan but I wouldn't mind seeing them on this tour. Maybe we can meet up for that?

I'm not a huge fan of theirs, but I don't dislike them. I'm always up for a good live show, regardless. If they come nearby, I'll go.

I clean house on FB every few months and it's usually the high school people that don't make the cut. Honestly, after you've done the "what have you been doing since graduation?" thing, there usually isn't much more to say. If I were you, I'd just ignore the friend request and she'll get the message. Is there any chance you'll run into her in real life? If not, don't worry about it. I've gotten to the point that if I accept friend requests and don't hear from the person within a few days, I delete them. Some people are just looking for quantity, not quality.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I think she lives in CO or something, so the chances are slim to none. My 20th reunion isn't for 4 more years, so I'm sure it will water under the bridge then.

HOLY HELL - did I just reference my 20th high school reunion????? Fuck.

I just love ladies with experience :eyebrows:

:LOL:

Well, you've def. come to the right thread, then. :happy:

I find it weird that she would even be cocky enough to send another request, unless she just wasn't sure you were ever FB friends in the first place. Yeah, I guess I'd ignore it, unless there's some other random person you could unfriend in order to accommodate her. I don't think I'll ever hit 250! :LOL: I've only got around 112, and at least half of those are Musers. :rolleyes:

I never minded that song, to be honest. Though I do not know why, it made me think of my breakup, so it does make me a little sad (I think because that is the last song I remember Grant singing, after his Muse show last November) I still dont think its too bad, nowhere near Undisclosed Desires, I Belong To You, or Neutron Star Collision bad. No where close in my opinion, especially lyric-wise. I'd rather see Guiding Light played 10 times in a row than any of those songs live.

That’s cool that a girl noticed the glasses & associated them with Muse!

Btw guys, I’m wondering about the glasses. Were they bought because they resemble (VERY CLOSELY) a pair that Matt has worn? I saw pics yesterday & I was like “Holy hell, are they the same?????” and I sat there comparing for several minutes. I think matt’s are smaller, slightly, unless his face is just bigger than mine. Maybe that explains why he complimented them. He was so thinking “Oooh here’s a girl that has the same tastes as me!” XD :LOL:

I am conflicted because I don't want to hurt her feelings, but I really don't want to accept, knowing she will be the first to go next time I have to clean out the list again. I'd hate to have to delete her TWICE. But, obviously she noticed that I deleted her, and I don't want to be rude.

I seriously would not worry about it. I would just ignore the new friend request. This is someone you havent seen or spoken to in forever, hardly a real friend, I dont see why, just because you went to school together, you should be Facebook friends. Whats the point if you dont really know her now?

I don't think I'll ever hit 250! :LOL: I've only got around 112, and at least half of those are Musers. :rolleyes:

I'm only at around 70 XD I'm sadly unpopular. I hadnt had a friend request in I dont know how long (at least not from anyone I know) until the Muse show. I didnt quite double my amount, but I got more new friends on there within a few days than I ever had before in that short of a time lol

I am ALMOST finished with my Matt painting. I *thought* I was finished, but just looking at the pictures I just took, I saw several things that I forgot about, things that I had made a mental note to go back & fix (shading around his hands, etc) But its not gonna make much of a difference to anyone but myself, so I’ll just post. Main thing I HATE, is I cant paint straight lines well for anything, and the guitar strings really screwed me up. They are so crooked & wonky looking, lol looks like Matt is in desperate need of tightening them up…I don’t think they would play properly if he tried XD

Another thing…his shading. There are harsh shadows in the real pic (here: http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss216/alm2386/Muse/100_0138.jpg ) And my original idea was to have the harsh shadows all over, his suit, everything. But I painted the suit, and could not get it to look right, when it was mostly black. So now I feel like I need to had some more color to his face. I’ll probably work on that later.

I overthink this stuff, I know XD XD XD

[spoiler=BIG Matt] DSC07093.jpg

(I tried to imitate the glitter pattern in silver paint, since the red glitter I had used before didn’t quite cut it, in my opinion)

((also...god those messy guitar strings are SAD XD))

[spoiler=full painting] DSC07074.jpg

I say ignore. I don't think it's bitchy at all.

Seeing as how I'll be relocated by then, my most realistic options are Kansas City, MO or Atlanta, GA. I really, really, REALLY wish I wasn't moving because Atlanta is only 3 hours from Knoxville, but ah...it is what it is. I'm thinking that I'm definitely gonna go to Atlanta though. I figure I can make a weekend of it and stay in Knoxville, visit friends...then drive down for the show. Don't suppose anyone lives within range to join me in Atlanta?

And also....Tracy, your sig!! :LOL::LOL::LOL: Love it!

I never minded that song, to be honest. Though I do not know why, it made me think of my breakup, so it does make me a little sad (I think because that is the last song I remember Grant singing, after his Muse show last November) I still dont think its too bad, nowhere near Undisclosed Desires, I Belong To You, or Neutron Star Collision bad. No where close in my opinion, especially lyric-wise. I'd rather see Guiding Light played 10 times in a row than any of those songs live.

I guess it's official...I'm the only person who loves UD. :LOL: Can't help it...

And your painting is awesome! Love it! :awesome:

Don't suppose anyone lives within range to join me in Atlanta?

I'm only two hours from Atlanta, maybe a bit less depending on traffic & how fast I drive lol. What was happening in Atlanta? Sorry I havent read everything thoroughly. BUT I have almost no money at the moment, so at most, I could come hang out but not really go to anything XD

And thanks, everyone, about the painting : )

I know, i lov eall of my Raleigh Muser girls :kiss:

right back atcha!! :kiss:

I seriously would not worry about it. I would just ignore the new friend request. This is someone you havent seen or spoken to in forever, hardly a real friend, I dont see why, just because you went to school together, you should be Facebook friends. Whats the point if you dont really know her now?

Ditto to what Amber said. I wouldn't add her back. I just did a huge FB pruning. I took out people who I KNOW don't ever and will never interact with me online or in real life. I left all my close local friends, my muser buddies, my family, and a hoard of people from high school :unsure: I am stlll quite close with a lot of high school friends...mostly the ones from when i lived overseas (guam).

I say ignore. I don't think it's bitchy at all.

Seeing as how I'll be relocated by then, my most realistic options are Kansas City, MO or Atlanta, GA. I really, really, REALLY wish I wasn't moving because Atlanta is only 3 hours from Knoxville, but ah...it is what it is. I'm thinking that I'm definitely gonna go to Atlanta though. I figure I can make a weekend of it and stay in Knoxville, visit friends...then drive down for the show. Don't suppose anyone lives within range to join me in Atlanta?

I guess it's official...I'm the only person who loves UD. :LOL: Can't help it...

And your painting is awesome! Love it! :awesome:

I am fond of UD, too :happy: You are not alone. I like it way better than GL. I also like I Belong to You...mainly because of the piano and the "Samson & Delilah" bits :thumbsup: I am such a sucker for Matt's classical music-ish bits *swoon*

AMBER!!! That painting is super awesome!! Love, Love, Love It! I wouldn't have even noticed the "slack" strings if you hadn't mentioned it :p

You friended me and then unfriended me. :p

Archived