I'm the queen of organization so I would love to help!

Muse was nominated for three Grammys! That's a big deal so I bet they show up, maybe even Chris this time. Happy birthday to the Impregnator! :chris:

Oh, yes please, Tracy :D

I'll have to convince my friend with television (we don't have cable or anything at my house :$ ) to have a Grammy party...she also has an Oscar party every year. FUN!!! When are the Grammy's, anyway??

$1500 for 40 minutes of muse and 2 hours of a band that I don't like is too much :p

God, I don’t think I would pay $1500 even for JUST Muse. Not even if they promised to play every song they’ve ever written & you got to hang out with the guys afterwards, still not worth $1500 to me. There’s so much better stuff I would use the money for :/ But that’s just me.

But I'll get that bag this weekend I think.

Yay! Just send me a message whenever you get it & we can arrange sending…

@Amber: The painting is gorgeous! The glitter is perfect, and that close-up of his face...you painted his neck very secksay...Me likey!! :yesey:

Thanks? Haha the neck? Random XD

I hope you bought those canvasses at Michaels :p I know we had some sort of 5 or 7 pack of them on sale last weekend.

Haha I did actually! I got the 5 pack because I liked the size better. I considered getting both, but low on money... :/

I'll pick you up! I'd be coming from the east but I'd plan it to coincide with your arrival.

Oh thank you so much, Tracy!!! :D This is gonna make it much easier for me, that trip last time was nearly torture…and I wasn’t alone that time, I probably would be next time. I do NOT know how Vee survived driving from Florida. I just about couldn’t handle driving back up from the south of Georgia (Only a couple miles out from Florida) My mom was sick so I had to drive the whole way, I thought I was gonna go crazy. And that was about a 7 hour drive or something. Going on the bus is gonna be such a big help, plus it has free wi-fi!

Yes, it sounded fantastic! I soooooo wanted to hear the lyrics, though, and had to stifle the urge to start singing. I can't wait to see "The Tourist"--European caper with AJ and JD? Yes, please!

I cant stand Angelina Jolie, so I don’t know how much I’ll like the movie, but meh, maybe Johnny will save it for me. I kinda doubt the song will be played in the movie though, if it was, that would further help it out for me haha.

Thank you for that! I always get so confused when trying to figure out time differences. :confused:

I used to know it, because I have a friend over there. Havent talked to her recently since she’s been out of a computer though : (

You have to board the last sexy planes of the year...and probably for a lonnnnnnnng time. :supersad:

Ok someone’s gonna have to explain this whole Sexy Plane thing to me, because I don’t have a clue what you guys are talking about at all…

Muse was nominated for three Grammys! That's a big deal so I bet they show up, maybe even Chris this time. Happy birthday to the Impregnator! :chris:

Wow this will be the first time I’ve watched the Grammys in I don’t know how long. And god Chris has a lot of nicknames XD

@Amber: Weird yes, but...I like necks haha

@Tracy: I knooooow, but the planes are taking off so early!!

Oh yeah, that reminds me...

I had to ask about it too, Amber! The sexy plane is basically where the folks who aren't at a gig hang out on the gig thread while the show is going on. Fuesch (sp?) has a handy-dandy twitter list of people who are at the show, and basically we just live out the show as best we can without being there, commenting on the twitter updates (play bingo!), the setlist, and general shenanigans ensue...

As for the name, I think Renee explained it to me (or whoever, sorry I can't remember who exactly answered me). It comes from a misheard lyric in "Jimmy Kane" (sex in pain = sexy plane), and it grew from there. Yes? Did I get all that right, guys? :chuckle:

The Grammys...oh dear...I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to the Grammys...

Please don't throw things at me, but...

I kinda hope they don't win one...

I had to ask about it too, Amber! The sexy plane is basically where the folks who aren't at a gig hang out on the gig thread while the show is going on. Fuesch (sp?) has a handy-dandy twitter list of people who are at the show, and basically we just live out the show as best we can without being there, commenting on the twitter updates (play bingo!), the setlist, and general shenanigans ensue...

Good lord...that sounds incredibly pointless XD Sorry.

SORRY GUYS - I've been MIA. I am in the middle of finals right now and it's pretty much cnsuming my life. :stunned:

Miss you, too, Heidi! You need to come out and play more often on here. In fact, everyone does (except Amber, Kim, Margaret, Seth and me--we're keeping this thread alive) ;)

:$ Sorry, I'll try. I guess since I see you all on FB, I feel connected.

oh, hello everyone :)

How is everything around here lately?

Haven't been here in so long D: Sorreh :$

Hey there. :D

Someone probably already figured it out but I finally looked up the time differences for the shows in Australia since the first one in Brisbane is this Sunday!!! We are (EST) 15 hours behind Brisbane (12/5 & 12/6); 16 hours behind Sydney (12/9 & 12/10) and Melbourne (12/14 & 12/15); and 13 hours behind Perth (12/19).

So, if they go on around 8-9pm in Brisbane on Sunday, I figure that's 5-6am our time. That might be doable on a Sunday morning. I'm dying because I have an Uncle that lives in Brisbane but I don't have the money right now to fly over there.

THANKS :-) I've put these on my calendar now and I'm ready!

@Amber: Weird yes, but...I like necks haha

@Tracy: I knooooow, but the planes are taking off so early!!

Oh yeah, that reminds me...

As for the name, I think Renee explained it to me (or whoever, sorry I can't remember who exactly answered me). It comes from a misheard lyric in "Jimmy Kane" (sex in pain = sexy plane), and it grew from there. Yes? Did I get all that right, guys? :chuckle:

The Grammys...oh dear...I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to the Grammys...

Please don't throw things at me, but...

I kinda hope they don't win one...

Don't feel bad. I feel the same way. I'm all for the ALBUM winning, but I don't think Resistance (song) is enough of a "rock" song to win. Ready to Start and Tighten Up are my choices.

Good lord...that sounds incredibly pointless XD Sorry.

Yeeeeeeah dont really care enough. *shrugs*

Aww, Amber. :( Boo. I must agree with everyone else, it is great fun and you really don't "get it" until you try one. My first was this summer during a fest. I just wanted to see what the set list was going to be. Then, when I saw how much fun everyone was having, it was addictive. I've only missed 2 gigs, not including Ral and C'ville obviously. You should give it a try one day.

Hey Sexy Planers (Ass Boaters) -- I've got mah shirt ready for take off :D

41317664_jka2.thumb.jpg.44b353aaa693448832868881fea2aa01.jpg

I'm all for the ALBUM winning, but I don't think Resistance (song) is enough of a "rock" song to win.

Yeah agreed. I never much cared for Resistance. I hate the IT COULD BE WRONG, COULD BE WRONG parts, bleeeeeh.

Aww, Amber. :( Boo. I must agree with everyone else, it is great fun and you really don't "get it" until you try one. My first was this summer during a fest. I just wanted to see what the set list was going to be. Then, when I saw how much fun everyone was having, it was addictive. I've only missed 2 gigs, not including Ral and C'ville obviously. You should give it a try one day.

Uh no thanks. It seems a little..no offence, but pathetic to me, to hangout in a thread, living through other people at concert. Whats the point? You cant watch the show. You're not there. When I was reading back through this thread, out of boredom one day, I saw where they were chattng during our show, and it seemed like alot of whining, and Booo they got this song, its soo unfair, I hope they dont get Citizen Erased, etc. I was shaking my head at the patheticness of it all.

OK guys, I've finished my new paiting of Matt :D

I dont love the glitter on this one though :S Since its the current Glitterati, it has all over glitter, and now I really am wondering if its too much :LOL: I dunno. Also, I think hi face might be wrong, but I've been looking at this thing so long I cant tell anymore haha. So I need opinions.

Also, the pictures make the glitter look like nothing but thousands of teeny white spots lol. But thats why I filmed the video XD

DSC07659.jpg

DSC07654.jpg

I do hope the glitter's not too much D: I'm scared to try to get it off in case it messes up the acrylic paint XD

I got this in the mail today, WHOO HOOO! Thanks so much Amber!

It's even prettier in person :awesome: My husband and daughter were very impressed also. I love it!

I got this in the mail today, WHOO HOOO! Thanks so much Amber!

It's even prettier in person :awesome: My husband and daughter were very impressed also. I love it!

Oh you're welcome! Honestly, I'm still astonished that anybody would want to buy anything I did XD I just dont understand it lol. I'm happy you love it! And the money from it is paying off the vet bill I owe for & I'll still have some money left over, so yay! :LOL: So you've patially paid for my dog Lily's spaying haha XD

Yeah agreed. I never much cared for Resistance. I hate the IT COULD BE WRONG, COULD BE WRONG parts, bleeeeeh.

Uh no thanks. It seems a little..no offence, but pathetic to me, to hangout in a thread, living through other people at concert. Whats the point? You cant watch the show. You're not there. When I was reading back through this thread, out of boredom one day, I saw where they were chattng during our show, and it seemed like alot of whining, and Booo they got this song, its soo unfair, I hope they dont get Citizen Erased, etc. I was shaking my head at the patheticness of it all.

None taken ;) If it makes me pathetic, so be it. I'm cool with that. It's a great way for me take a break out of my hectic life of law school and being a mom to my girls to do a little something for me. To each their own.

None taken ;) If it makes me pathetic, so be it. I'm cool with that. It's a great way for me take a break out of my hectic life of law school and being a mom to my girls to do a little something for me. To each their own.

I suppose its just not my thing :p

This may seems Random, but...... am I the only one that thinks USoE should have been a proper single? :erm:

Yes, totally random. :p And I respectfully disagree. USoE is an awesome song, personally one of my favorites. But, I think only real Musers "get" it, at least at first. For someone who has never heard Muse before, and they hear USoE before anything else, I think it would be a little :wtf: I get that there is a Queen influence in that song, but I get tired of hearing music critics and non-fans say that MB is ripping off Queen. Could you imagine what would be said if it was a single?! No, I think that song is best left for live performances, where the n00b can get it's full effect, and to the real Musers that can appreciate the song for being such a wonderful example of one master flattering another. Just my $0.02 and it is probably worth less than that. ;)

Don't feel bad. I feel the same way. I'm all for the ALBUM winning, but I don't think Resistance (song) is enough of a "rock" song to win. Ready to Start and Tighten Up are my choices.

For me, it's not even that I don't think Muse should win, I just don't care for the Grammys in general. Maynard James Keenan put it quite perfectly, I believe: "I think the Grammys are nothing more than some gigantic promotional machine for the music industry. They cater to a low intellect and they feed the masses. They don't honor the arts or the artist for what he created. It's the music business celebrating itself. That's basically what it's all about."

I mean absolutely NO OFFENSE to Grammy fans. That's just how I feel about the whole thing...

To each his own. I've had fun on the sexy planes.

This may seems Random, but...... am I the only one that thinks USoE should have been a proper single? :erm:

Hmmm...I dunno. I think MK would have made a good single though.

Hmmm...I dunno. I think MK would have made a good single though.

To each there own. MK is good but not that good for me.Itsgood, but not the ASDGASDGASDGHASFGASFGHASGAS OMG OMG OMG amazing track its mae out to be at ;east for me its not

Thank goodness Doris is up and running this morning. Wonder what caused her to die yesterday? :wtf:

When are the Grammy's, anyway??

In February, I think.

:$ Sorry, I'll try. I guess since I see you all on FB, I feel connected.

Oh, I know....I'm on FB all the time. I just refuse to let our thread on here die.

I am completely biased when it comes to Muse and want them to win everything, regardless of if they deserve it. Having said that, I wouldn't be too upset if Tighten Up wins because that is a great song (with an even better video!)

Gasp! We usually agree on Muse songs but we obviously part company on this one. I adore "Resistance" and love Chris' refrain. I like listening to the backing tracks version or whatever you call those tracks that came on the deluxe version of The Resisitance. (I don't have it but kind Musers have posted them on YouTube).

Color me pathetic but I love lurking in the sexy plane threads. It's like vicariously attending the gigs and I get so excited to see what songs are played, especially when a rarity appears. I think there is going to be a live stream of tomorrow's show, which will be :awesome:EDIT: It's Thursday's show.

For me, it's not even that I don't think Muse should win, I just don't care for the Grammys in general. Maynard James Keenan put it quite perfectly, I believe: "I think the Grammys are nothing more than some gigantic promotional machine for the music industry. They cater to a low intellect and they feed the masses. They don't honor the arts or the artist for what he created. It's the music business celebrating itself. That's basically what it's all about.

Of course the awards are meaningless but it will raise their profile in the States and I'm all for anything that does that (even dating Kate Hudson). My mom saw them on the AMA's and was so excited to tell me that my boys won....and she really has no idea who they are. The more popular they get here, the more we'll get of them. :musesign:

So my daughter and I were in the car yesterday and I was listening to Absolution. She proceeded to sing along to every song, including the riffs, yet she insists she isn't a Muse fan. Why does she fight it??? :confused:

I am completely biased when it comes to Muse and want them to win everything, regardless of if they deserve it. Having said that, I wouldn't be too upset if Tighten Up wins because that is a great song (with an even better video!)

I LOVE the video to Tighten Up!

Gasp! We usually agree on Muse songs but we obviously part company on this one. I adore "Resistance" and love Chris' refrain. I like listening to the backing tracks version or whatever you call those tracks that came on the deluxe version of The Resisitance. (I don't have it but kind Musers have posted them on YouTube).

Ya, I have to admit, I love Resistance. The "It could be wrong" section is my favorite part of the song. :)

Of course the awards are meaningless but it will raise their profile in the States and I'm all for anything that does that (even dating Kate Hudson). My mom saw them on the AMA's and was so excited to tell me that my boys won....and she really has no idea who they are. The more popular they get here, the more we'll get of them. :musesign:

So my daughter and I were in the car yesterday and I was listening to Absolution. She proceeded to sing along to every song, including the riffs, yet she insists she isn't a Muse fan. Why does she fight it??? :confused:

Awww, she' s in denial! haha :p

I love "Tighten Up" also. I just hope Muse are at the awards, it would be fun to see them there, even if they don't win anything.

Did you guys get any show where you are? We were headed to Greensboro earlier today for a birthday party and about 15 miles out the snow got really heavy. My sister called me to tell me how slick the roads were in Winston, so we turned around and headed home. It's just rain here.

Oh you're welcome! Honestly, I'm still astonished that anybody would want to buy anything I did XD I just dont understand it lol. I'm happy you love it! And the money from it is paying off the vet bill I owe for & I'll still have some money left over, so yay! :LOL: So you've patially paid for my dog Lily's spaying haha XD

Yay for having a little left over!

What'cha busy painting right now?

Now to find the perfect spot for the painting :)

meandpainting.jpg.2b7bbd1cb0639b54407968d800604e82.jpg

ikr? I think it's teenage rebellion. I offered several times to get her a ticket to the Raleigh show but she said no. Her loss. :noey:

Did you guys get any show where you are? We were headed to Greensboro earlier today for a birthday party and about 15 miles out the snow got really heavy. My sister called me to tell me how slick the roads were in Winston, so we turned around and headed home. It's just rain here.

No snow here. It was raining last night so I really expected to see a thin blanket of white this morning but no. :(

Now to find the perfect spot for the painting :)

They are both beautiful. :)

So I'm up early for the sexy plane and saw this on Twitter. How cool that the flag is making it's way around the world!

485482385_2034247331.thumb.jpg.42ae899c694a6a19a658ef63f2cab25a.jpg

I love "Tighten Up" also. I just hope Muse are at the awards, it would be fun to see them there, even if they don't win anything.

We had a couple inches here in Orange county yesterday. It was so beautiful! My kids were in heaven playing in it for a couple hours :happy: But now it's just too cold :( We are using up our firewood so quickly.

Archived