Our group will be in Cinci Saturday night, so if you are there Sunday, feel free to tag along with whatever we do :) And of course there's the meet that night as well :happy:

Oh and we're also driving up to Columbus right after, and Katie and Sarah are as well.

I am hoping to stay Sunday night, I hope I still have my "courtesy hold" at the Hyatt. Is pretty much everyone staying there? I might end up having to drive down Monday morning:(

CINCINNATI MUSE MEETS

In regard to Sunday, October 10th - Reservations have been made at Hofbrau Haus for 6:00 pm. I told them I anticipated 25, but need to give them an accurate head count 2 days prior. If you plan on attending, please let me know now!

In regard to Monday, October 11th - I talked to Rock Bottom today - no go on reservations "because it's a holiday and we have too many reservations already." Pfffttttt.

So.....here are some possible alternatives: There is an Irish Pub at

Newport on the Levee which is right across from the Hofbrau Haus. There

is also another Irish pub in covington. If you like either of those,

I'll check on alternate transportation to the venue and/or how the walk would be.

There is a place called Palomino's which is right across from Fountain

Square, but it's a little more upscale and is more of a restaurant as

opposed to a bar - however, the food is excellent. Alternatively, we

could just set a time and meet at the bar at either The Westin, which is

also on Fountain Square, or the Hyatt, which is a few blocks west. Or we just show up at Rock Bottom and swamp them for being assholes. Discuss amongst yourselves and let me know.

Also - keep in mind as well that barring some type of epic FAIL the Reds will be in the playoffs. I don't know yet whether there will be a baseball game in Cincinnati on the 11th. If there is, parking will be a nightmare as will traffic. More on this once they release the playoff schedule.

If I can come Sunday plan on me being there. (and my niece and daughter ;) - my niece is 23, my daughter 8 if that matters on reservations or getting in anywhere. I really want to come and meet and hang out with everyone, and will try to be able to come Sunday.

Hi Tara, Thanks for all your organizing!!!!

I hope to get to Cincinnati in time for whatever happens Monday afternoon/evening. After the show, I'm heading to Columbus!

A few pages back someone mentioned that right near the venue there is a place called "Fat Cat's Dueling Piano Bar"...Thought I'd mention it just to add to all the confusion! :LOL: That place just seems too perfect! (except that you have to be 21+). If we don't meet there, we should occasionally peak in to see if "someone" shows up!:LOL:

P.S. Got Tickets yesterday!!!!

It said "no exceptions" on the 21+ thing. My niece is 23, but I will have my 8 yr old daughter with me, and my hubby wont be with us to watch her, so anywhere I go I will have to be able to take her in with me. :( I promised her a long time ago she could see Muse with me.

I will plan on staying Sunday night and driving back Monday night, I hope I still have my "courtesy hold" at the Hyatt. Is pretty much everyone staying there?

plan on me being there. (and my niece and daughter ;) - my niece is 23, my daughter 8 if that matters on reservations or getting in anywhere.

It said "no exceptions" on the 21+ thing. My niece is 23, but I will have my 8 yr old daughter with me, and my hubby wont be with us to watch her, so anywhere I go I will have to be able to take her in with me. :( I promised her a long time ago she could see Muse with me.

Age doesn't make a difference at Hofbrau since it's a restaurant.

ALSO - please be advised that there is a National League play-off game scheduled on the 11th. Let's just pray it's not in Cincinnati.

Of course after I complain they go and book Lady Gaga for next March for the bucket (is she breast, wing or drumstick?)... have to say I'm tempted...

hahaa Im soo going to that show.. The Scissor Sisters are opening, its gonna be the most epic gay extravaganza Louisville has ever seen, lol Im thinking shes the thighs I saw her at Purdue and she has a huge butt for a skinny heifer..

It's definately worth a shot at asking the professor if you could maybe take the test early before leaving town. If that doesn't work, can you still make it to the Columbus show?

I already asked the professor about changing the date and time. You can change the time, but it still doesn't matter-- earliest you can take it is 4:30 PM to 6:00 PM on the same day.

Time to be mature and accept that there are some things more important than Muse :rolleyes:

My mom told me that she would drive down to take me to the Columbus show, but Tuesday is my worst day of the week, and I don't know if I feel like making up four classes and the homework for it. The tickets we have wouldn't really be worth it... I hate being in the stands. Depresses me. However, someone was offering one ticket for GA for Columbus in this thread...................

........*PMs* :awesome: *ihopeihopeihope*

I already asked the professor about changing the date and time. You can change the time, but it still doesn't matter-- earliest you can take it is 4:30 PM to 6:00 PM on the same day.

Time to be mature and accept that there are some things more important than Muse :rolleyes:

My mom told me that she would drive down to take me to the Columbus show, but Tuesday is my worst day of the week, and I don't know if I feel like making up four classes and the homework for it. The tickets we have wouldn't really be worth it... I hate being in the stands. Depresses me. However, someone was offering one ticket for GA for Columbus in this thread...................

........*PMs* :awesome: *ihopeihopeihope*

That really sucks :( I"m really glad my teachers are easy going with it, but maybe it's cause I'm in college and I assume you're in Uni? But anyway I really hope you can make it if you find some GA :happy:

ALSO - please be advised that there is a National League play-off game scheduled on the 11th. Let's just pray it's not in Cincinnati.

Oh bother. I wasn't going to stay overnight - now might just to have parking and a shuttle.

hahaa Im soo going to that show.. The Scissor Sisters are opening, its gonna be the most epic gay extravaganza Louisville has ever seen, lol Im thinking shes the thighs I saw her at Purdue and she has a huge butt for a skinny heifer..

I'm thinking about it - down side is that my eldest does Academic team AND speech and I think both State finals are that weekend. I really should check - I know its optimistic but I would rather know what I'm dealing with.

Just an FYI...

Since many of us are staying at the Hyatt Regency and starting to talk about parking and how to get to the concert I called the Hyatt and inquired on their parking policies. Valet parking at the Hyatt is $22 a day with in and out privileges. It is a 24hour price so even if you check out Monday morning you can leave your car there until the evening and possibly - if you go over the 24hr time slot - pay an additional $2-5. The person I spoke with said there is parking around the hotel for $15. But once you leave the lot you have to pay another $15 to park there again...plus with all the extra activity that may be going on...

Just an FYI...

Since many of us are staying at the Hyatt Regency and starting to talk about parking and how to get to the concert I called the Hyatt and inquired on their parking policies. Valet parking at the Hyatt is $22 a day with in and out privileges. It is a 24hour price so even if you check out Monday morning you can leave your car there until the evening and possibly - if you go over the 24hr time slot - pay an additional $2-5. The person I spoke with said there is parking around the hotel for $15. But once you leave the lot you have to pay another $15 to park there again...plus with all the extra activity that may be going on...

I was wondering about that. Im staying there on Sunday night and wondered if I could stay parked there through Monday night. (Im not staying Mon night.) I didnt know if you had to be out of there when you checked out of the hotel or not.

Just checking again if anyone heading to Cincinnati on Monday will be driving through the Wheeling, WV area on Route 70, and would be willing to pick me up. ??????? It's not a necessity for me (i do have a car), but it would be nice because my husband is meeting me Tuesday (in Columbus) and then we wouldn't have to take 2 cars home. I can certainly pay for gas and parking, and I can help out with driving if you want me to.

I have been a Muse fan for years, and I finally bought tickets to the Cinci show. I have never been to a rock concert before...and I am completely exstatic!

WooHoo! Congratulations on your first gig! You will love it!

I was a Muse fan before I realized I was... it was only when we stopped and kept saying oh yeah I liked that then etc.

You should be aware that the chance of face meltage is about 100%.

Oooooppppsss.....got so excited thinking about my face melting again that I forgot to say "WELCOME!" Oh - and there is a Muse Meet at Hofbrau House on Sunday starting at 6 and one on Monday as well as soon as we agree on where to go.

Oooooppppsss.....got so excited thinking about my face melting again that I forgot to say "WELCOME!" Oh - and there is a Muse Meet at Hofbrau House on Sunday starting at 6 and one on Monday as well as soon as we agree on where to go.

you were too excited about you face melting, eating confetti, and seeing all the colors of the rainbow!:p

you were too excited about you face melting, eating confetti, and seeing all the colors of the rainbow!:p

Yes, you're exactly right. And will not eat between now and then so as to have more room for the confetti. I hope my mouth still works after my face melts off.....could be a problem.

And if anyone is going to be in on the 9th and looking for something to do, Thirty Seconds to Mars is playing at Bogart's that night.

Archived