Hey I know I'm newish here but I can't wait for October! I was at Detroit in March with emperorhand (my brother). Are we going to do the blinky blue glasses this time as well? And what time are you guys planning on lining up? Thanks!

Oh, I must've met you then! :awesome:

I'm lining up early, taht's all I know :LOL:

Hi all. This just came from the CD101 (Columbus' alternative radio station) facebook page. Who's in?

Design a shirt for MUSE

http://www.cd101.com/muse/

I'M SO IN!

okay good :) il tell you what, if people are sitting down and i wanna stand for Muse, I AM STANDING FOR MUSE. bitch about it im sorry but im short and plus who sits at a muse concert this isnt the freakin symphony!?

It could be a symphony.......an Exogenesis one....sorry, had to!

okay good :) il tell you what, if people are sitting down and i wanna stand for Muse, I AM STANDING FOR MUSE. bitch about it im sorry but im short and plus who sits at a muse concert this isnt the freakin symphony!?
At the show in Toronto I had a girl next to me that sat pretty much the whole time. :facepalm: I can't imagine sitting for Muse!! :noey:

Oh if only that were a possibility....

@*Isadora*, hope you are staying safe up there in Nova Scotia.

Gretchen, Lora, and I met up in Columbus at COSI, a science museum. Here's a video collage of the day, set to Time Is Running Out.

The whole idea came about because someone posted on here about a US Gig Appreciation Project. I might have been the only one to submit a video; geez, what a nerd :facepalm: !

Seriously, if you are in Columbus, this is a fun museum to visit!

Gretchen, Lora, and I met up in Columbus at COSI, a science museum. Here's a video collage of the day, set to Time Is Running Out.

The whole idea came about because someone posted on here about a US Gig Appreciation Project. I might have been the only one to submit a video; geez, what a nerd :facepalm: !

Not a nerd at all! Just a very creative and dedicated person who had the time to put together an awesome video! Everyone has to watch this!

I loved the map of your head reference. "phones to match any socks!"

I loved the map of your head reference. "phones to match any socks!"

I'm so glad you got the joke!

Not a nerd at all! Just a very creative and dedicated person who had the time to put together an awesome video! Everyone has to watch this!

Thanks, Lora! And your girls are adorable in the video! I didn't really have time for this project. I only borrowed it, and now I am paying it back (mounds of laundry, re-stocking the cabinets and fridge, paying bills, etc.) But it was really fun, and now I'm showing Antonia how to make a video with some video clips and photos of her and her friends at a camp.

Now, if only I could think of a t-shirt design...

:chuckle:

you are not a nerd. No one else did a video? At least someone had to show appreciation for Muse! Thank you for putting the time in that. You did a great job!

:yesey:

Thanks! Still not sure what's going to happen, since the track keeps changing. This afternoon it looked like Halifax was going to luck out and not feel any effects, now it looks like we'll at least get tropical storm force winds (and lots of rain). But that will most likely change again.

This is :awesome:! And hey, there's nothing wrong with being a nerd! ;)

I would love to go to COSI though, looks like a lot of fun! Unfortunately we won't get a chance to - we'll be queuing all day Tuesday, then have to leave early Wednesday (my flight is mid morning and the others have to drive back to Ontario).

<3 :happy:

I love it! I've been there 9871396256283162 times :D

cute cute cute :happy:

My shirt is here!! :dance:

Lets hope the tickets get here soon. I'm tired of going to the mailbox and being disappointed in the fact that they're not in there yet (and I suspect that I'm not alone in this! haha)! :LOL:

Love the shirt! And yes, tickets would be nice so that I can look at them and be even more excited!!!!

Fantastic video!! :) All your girls are so cute :happy:

P1040371.jpg

Lets hope the tickets get here soon. I'm tired of going to the mailbox and being disappointed in the fact that they're not in there yet (and I suspect that I'm not alone in this! haha)! :LOL:

Love the shirt! Ive been hoping to have them in the mail, but I was kinda expecting an email first, don't they send an email that they've been sent out? We lost an insurance check, that was being sent to us for our well pump that got hit by lightening, the company had to send another out, our mail isn't real reliable.:mad: We are always getting our neighbors things, and hard telling where ours end up. I will LOSE MY MIND if the tickets dont get here!:eek:

P1040371.jpg

:awesome: Looks great!

Oh, I second that. I check the mailbox all the time and get so disappointed when all that's in there are bills and advertisements.

(You don't have to read this...WARNING: Lots of crying and whining and PMS-ing)

:(:(:(:( OK, I just have to cry a bit here. I worked really hard on a t-shirt design for that contest. I can't draw/paint or any of the normal stuff for a t-shrit design, so I embroidered a design and scanned it in. It took me forever (FOREVER!) to get the size/dpi right, and to fix it all up. There were a lot of other elements of my design that I didn't even get to do because of the time limit. My computer kept crashing, too. Then I tried to convert it to .pdf, but couldn't figure it out. Finally I just emailed it as .jpg, and surely it'll be disqualified.

It's great that Muse inspires creativity in us, and that they have these unique opportunities to use the creativity in contests. But, I'm mad at myself for spending so much time not really available to my kids as I worked on this. This t-shirt contest was no place for a busy mother. Instead of disqualifying those under 18, they should disqualify moms. ggggggrrrrrrrrr I'm just wiped out from all that embroidering and computer stuff; I'll have a better attitude tomorrow! I hope.

Oh, I'm so sorry! That really sucks. I couldn't get my design done in time. I wanted to make a design with a pyramid office building and have all these faceless people lined up outside waiting to be re-educated. I was even going to do signs on the street saying "Big Brother Is Watching You" and "War is Peace". There would be a couple holding hands and running away from the Ministry (possibly wearing Resistance t-shirts). They would be the only ones with faces. But I couldn't get it all put together using Photoshop. I downloaded a free demo of CS5 but it was too complicated for me. I've never used any Photoshop before and I just completely failed. I was so upset that it didn't come together. :(

Oh well, it was probably a crappy idea anyways- maybe too much 1984. :LOL:

Archived