Muse Hacks.

Asdfaeou

Is there a thread for Muse hacks? I can't find any one the boards anywhere.

If anyone is confused by what I mean by "Hacks" It would be when something is purposely changed to represent something new, in this case the new thing would have some connection to our beloved band. For example: I found an oppourtunity earlier for this:

20a036ee786c.jpg

Anyway... just a quick example, and I was wondering if there was an existing thread on this.

One thing that could conceivably take off would be if someone with artistic talent created a rubber stamp (or two, or 10,000) for illegally "customizing" a particular paper bill (preferably, either American or EC) with Matt's face -- in the manner of the "Spockified" Canadian five-dollar bills. That phenomenon now has its own FB group: the "Spock Your Fives" group on Facebook.

Of course, the Spock thing took off because, first, the likeness was uncanny, and also because it's Star Trek TOS, which is the definition of iconic pop culture. Muse would have to become a LOT more famous, and Matt would probably have to keep the same hairstyle and fashion sense for longer than six months, before any image of him could begin to rival Spock's ubiquity. And OTTOMH I can't think of any bill with a face-shape, hairstyle, etc. that resembles Matt's anyway...

But Muser die-hards being what they are, they could overcome public apathy with feverish devotion to the cause (think of the NME Awards voting tallies by the PMTers)... and a willingness to risk a visit from some not-so-friendly Interpol or Secret Service agents.

On edit: there aren't many faces to be found on the Euros, are there? Going by a quick search on Google, it looks like it's mainly architectural & cultural icons...

One thing that could conceivably take off would be if someone with artistic talent created a rubber stamp (or two' date=' or 10,000) for illegally "customizing" a particular paper bill (preferably, either American or EC) with Matt's face -- in the manner of the "Spockified" Canadian five-dollar bills. That phenomenon now has its own FB group: the "Spock Your Fives" group on Facebook.

Only illegal if you circulate it I thought, like actually use it to buy something.... Either way, and slightly weird, someone scribbled on the back of the $1 dollar I got as change in the school lunch line so It said "B ONE R" ....

And I found a whole bunch of things to hack yesterday :D Lots of Unnatural Selection references.

i'll take a picture monday but..

this guy in my school is named Matt Bell, so whenever i'm gushing over my love for Matt Bellamy, they say "YOU LOVE MATT BELL??" etc., and the worst is Matt Bell is a huge ass :'(

anyway

i saw on a paper "Matt Bell" and i scribbled in "amy", got in trouble for it, but it was worth it :D

i'll take a picture monday but..

this guy in my school is named Matt Bell, so whenever i'm gushing over my love for Matt Bellamy, they say "YOU LOVE MATT BELL??" etc., and the worst is Matt Bell is a huge ass :'(

anyway

i saw on a paper "Matt Bell" and i scribbled in "amy", got in trouble for it, but it was worth it :D

uncanny!

Anybody tempted to promote Muse by graffiti should consider making not conventional graffiti, but "reverse graffiti," the latest thing in street art. It's cool and promotes an environmental, positive message (however implicitly) in its method of selectively clearing away grime rather than leaving positive marks (and supporting the spray-paint industry). RG artists enjoy a greater freedom than ordinary graffitists; they're empowered to create images on surfaces (like a car's dirty windshield) that they wouldn't do otherwise with spray paint. And the RG is erasable simply by cleaning up the rest of the surface, which is a nice option for the property owners.

RG is ephemeral art, not unlike sidewalk chalk pictures and some environmental art (like those using flower petals, leaves or icicles as their media) and thus is more about self-expression tempered by humility rather than the typical graffiti mark, which is aggressive and arrogant in its intended permanence. RG is a Zen Buddhist version of graffiti.

Here's a link to a photo gallery of some incredibly cool works of reverse-graffiti: LINK.

Imagine a wall festooned with regular graffiti, artless, crude, and ugly. Now imagine the old graffiti selectively erased to reveal a huge MUSE logo... :)

• 1 month later...
Anybody tempted to promote Muse by graffiti should consider making not conventional graffiti, but "reverse graffiti," the latest thing in street art. It's cool and promotes an environmental, positive message (however implicitly) in its method of selectively clearing away grime rather than leaving positive marks (and supporting the spray-paint industry). RG artists enjoy a greater freedom than ordinary graffitists; they're empowered to create images on surfaces (like a car's dirty windshield) that they wouldn't do otherwise with spray paint. And the RG is erasable simply by cleaning up the rest of the surface, which is a nice option for the property owners.

RG is ephemeral art, not unlike sidewalk chalk pictures and some environmental art (like those using flower petals, leaves or icicles as their media) and thus is more about self-expression tempered by humility rather than the typical graffiti mark, which is aggressive and arrogant in its intended permanence. RG is a Zen Buddhist version of graffiti.

Here's a link to a photo gallery of some incredibly cool works of reverse-graffiti: LINK.

Imagine a wall festooned with regular graffiti, artless, crude, and ugly. Now imagine the old graffiti selectively erased to reveal a huge MUSE logo... :)

That is quite literally the coolest thing I have ever seen.

Archived