Overdue (by far)

Hyper Music (still like it a lot though)

Thoughts of a Dying Atheist (close behind are Endlessly and Apocalypse Please - the rest of the album is fantastic, though)

Exo-Politics (just bland)

Unnatural Selection (Matt's vocals ruin it for me, and it just doesn't sound right for some reason)

Showbiz: Overdue (but anything not named Sunburn, MM, Unintended, Cave or Showbiz generally i don't like)

Origin of Symmetry: Screenager

Absolution: Endlessly or FAWY

Black Holes: Nothing here i dislike overly, but if i had to chose... Exo-Politics or Soldiers Poem

The Resistance: Guiding Light or US

Showbiz: Overdue (but anything not named Sunburn, MM, Unintended, Cave or Showbiz generally i don't like)

Origin of Symmetry: Screenager

Absolution: Endlessly or FAWY

Black Holes: Nothing here i dislike overly, but if i had to chose... Exo-Politics or Soldiers Poem

The Resistance: Guiding Light or US

:facepalm:

This is the first time I've seen anyone mention Fillip at all in ages. I never liked it much, but Overdue still holds my least favorite off Showbiz especially when comparing it to the older version.

Filip's partially redeemed by the falsetto bridge(?) and the fact that it actually seems like it was a decent live track.

US is just, i don't know how to describe it.. i lose interest after the first 2 minutes :$

How about this for a description:

It's got this boring ripoff guitar riff whose sound is pretty weak imho, it's got the stupid hey-hey football chants, it's all over the place with the part after the 2nd chorus (not in a good, CE kinda way, this sounds forced and kills the pace) and it lasts way too long as we hear about the twooth like 24 times.

People are jerking off to US just because they are fed up with the all the cheese in resistance, UD, GL, IBTY, while failing to admit that these songs are all great in their respectable genres, while US is an unoriginal and after the 5th listen even boring rock song (despite the little details like intro organ, soad-like vocals on "ocean" etc). If depeche mode made UD, queen made GL or maroon 5 made IBTY they would all be considered great songs. However, everyone is still hoping for OOS no.2 so songs like US are worshiped instead of being recognized as old and uninovative.

How about this for a description:

It's got this boring ripoff guitar riff whose sound is pretty weak imho, it's got the stupid hey-hey football chants, it's all over the place with the part after the 2nd chorus (not in a good, CE kinda way, this sounds forced and kills the pace) and it lasts way too long as we hear about the twooth like 24 times.

People are jerking off to US just because they are fed up with the all the cheese in resistance, UD, GL, IBTY, while failing to admit that these songs are all great in their respectable genres, while US is an unoriginal and after the 5th listen even boring rock song (despite the little details like intro organ, soad-like vocals on "ocean" etc). If depeche mode made UD, queen made GL or maroon 5 made IBTY they would all be considered great songs. However, everyone is still hoping for OOS no.2 so songs like US are worshiped instead of being recognized as old and uninovative.

1. GL wouldn't even have made it as a b-side if Queen wrote it.

2. Maroon 5 isn't exactly among the most praised bands today you know, and IBTY is considered a good/great song by a lot of people here.

And how is GL NOT unoriginal?

1. GL wouldn't even have made it as a b-side if Queen wrote it.

2. Maroon 5 isn't exactly among the most praised bands today you know, and IBTY is considered a good/great song by a lot of people here.

And how is GL NOT unoriginal?

I said maroon 5 out of top of my head, whatever, I just wanted to point out that these songs wouldn't be so hated if they were made by some other bands.

GL is original for muse, the only song that comes even close is invincible and they are fairly different. I'm not the biggest fan of screenager, FAWY, endlessly or soldier's poem, but I'm happy that they keep making diverse music. US doesn't take them anywhere. (I'm not saying they need to make crap just to stay interesting, MK ultra is great and it's also quite original).

Guiding Light reminds me of something that i can't put my finger on :stunned: which is why i like it... its mysterious:LOL:

I can explain that.

That mysterious feeling you have is the mystery in not knowing why the hell Matt ever wrote it in the first place and then decided that it was good enough to be put on an album.

I can explain that.

That mysterious feeling you have is the mystery in not knowing why the hell Matt ever wrote it in the first place.

:LOL: it can't be worse than Undisclosed Desires live as well surely?... I'm sure it sounds like another song:unsure:

Archived