Did they have T-shirts for the band playing? I could deal with getting an MGMT shirt, but just a House of Blues shirt would be eh.

Do you just have to have a receipt proving you bought SOMETHING or does it have to be something like a t-shirt? Like could I buy something cheap in there (if there is anything) and use that? Or do you even know?

Nope, just HoB merch or food (which was good too, but we didn't want food before the show, we ate after the show)

My sister bought a HoB which admittedly was a cool shirt but hella expensive (for us students anyway at $30). I think you could buy other stuff but I think it had to be over a certain price point, but I'm not sure, I'll ask my sister to be sure and then I'll get back to you on it.

Nope, just HoB merch or food (which was good too, but we didn't want food before the show, we ate after the show)

My sister bought a HoB which admittedly was a cool shirt but hella expensive (for us students anyway at $30). I think you could buy other stuff but I think it had to be over a certain price point, but I'm not sure, I'll ask my sister to be sure and then I'll get back to you on it.

Thank you for the info.

Was the food overly expensive? I might just eat there for food if I do end up going, so I could get near the front.

Thank you for the info.

Was the food overly expensive? I might just eat there for food if I do end up going, so I could get near the front.

I'll either pm you the other info or reply in this thread. I'd ask my sister now but she's asleep.

I wouldn't say it was extremely expensive but it wasn't cheap either, I think my sandwich was like $8-10 and it came with fries.

I'll either pm you the other info or reply in this thread. I'd ask my sister now but she's asleep.

I wouldn't say it was extremely expensive but it wasn't cheap either, I think my sandwich was like $8-10 and it came with fries.

:eek: That's expensive food.

Alright, thats reasonable for food, I've seen places around here just as expensive or more expensive. Thanks!

:eek: That's expensive food.

eh, for a restaurant, its a bit expensive, but its really not THAT bad. Like, I was thinking the price may be a lot worse. I've seen much worse.

When Muse played the HOB in Orlando we didnt know about the pass the line. So we were 4th in line we run into the venue and most of the front row was taken already by the people who ate before the show.

It isn't too bad. I do it all the time so I dont have to wait in line all day. Get like a hamburger meal and it is like $12 or so maybe? Sometimes the waiters will get you a receipt from someone else so you dont have to spend money.

Alright, thats reasonable for food, I've seen places around here just as expensive or more expensive. Thanks!

eh, for a restaurant, its a bit expensive, but its really not THAT bad. Like, I was thinking the price may be a lot worse. I've seen much worse.

Okay, I asked my sister. She said it was $15 per person from store merch or an entree from the restaurant.

Well, I suppose I could just eat.

That concert seems like its going to add up though. Oh well, still gonna try to go if possible.

Yeah, that's the only downside, but it's a great venue and parking is easy to find :)

I buy cheap food :awesome:

I haven't seen MGMT live, but I've heard from people that saw them at ACL a few years back and another who saw them in Stockholm, and they all said they were a bit meh. Said their sound doesn't translate well FWIW. This is hearsay on my part, of course.

As far as Houston venues go, Verizon would be by far the coolest, but it will never happen. I've been to all of the big ones and a few of the smaller ones (HoB, Meridian, Warehouse, etc) and I like Verizon and Toyota Center the best. Reliant Arena is much smaller, but it's a bit shit IMO.

I'd settle for anywhere as long as they come back to Houston, though. ACL would be cool, but it's such a long day out there at Zilker and Muse would only get like an hour and a half to play their set. Getting close would also mean watching a bunch of bands you probably wouldn't want to see (as well as missing some you might like). Not that it wouldn't be worth it :D

I'd settle for anywhere as long as they come back to Houston, though. ACL would be cool, but it's such a long day out there at Zilker and Muse would only get like an hour and a half to play their set. Getting close would also mean watching a bunch of bands you probably wouldn't want to see (as well as missing some you might like). Not that it wouldn't be worth it :D

Yeah, but as it is, they're really only play 1.5 hours anyways. :D

I applaud your mini-rant!:D I personally loved the towers. Of course, I'm somewhat easily dazzled by flashy things, especially when coupled with raucous noises. I didn't think during either show I went to that the towers were restricting ... they were used in various ways during the show. It's not like they had to stand on their little blocks the entire time ... Matt ran all over the place during a lot of songs, and the towers didn't preclude that. And a lot of the graphics on the towers could have been used during any song. And really, this is Muse ... if they feel like doing something, they'll do it. If they feel like not doing something, they'll not do it.

If there's anything detrimental about the towers (and this is only speculative), it would be that they may be a huge pain in the ass to pack up and assemble, which may be motivation to do a shorter setlist and get the whole operation rolling to the next destination earlier. But I'm not a roadie nor a rock star or manager, etc., so I really have no idea how the elaborateness of a stage set affects touring.

Then again, I wasn't at all perturbed by the setlist to begin with, so maybe my opinion is ... :$

I wasn't bothered by the towers either, I appreciated how they were used. The only issue I ever had with them was where I was standing in NYC I couldn't see Matt at the piano, that was annoying :supersad:

I think in a lot of cases the towers are sort of a symbol for the setlist complaints, so people blame them ;)

I didn't just wanna say I think they hate the east coast because it sounds pretty unintelligent, but yeah. It seems like they have more fun at the shows out west, and that's sort of where Bliss and RBS popped up.

I also feel like Matt's the setlist nazi, I'm sure we'd see more variety if Dom & Chris were choosing the songs :p

Yeah, like I was saying above, I think the thing is that people don't want to believe that the band is happy with the setlist as-is because they're not, and if the band's satisfied it isn't likely to change, so they make up excuses... ;)

Of course, there may be some element of that from the band themselves too - like when you think something is complicated, so you never want to do it, but in reality it's not as hard as you're making it out to be... if that makes any sense...

But they've shown that the stage doesn't really impede them.... i think it doesn't have to be an issue unless they want to make it one....

I hope they come back to Edmonton or Calgary. Please... :supersad:

I think there may be a (pretty 'effing) small chance that this might happen.... Seeing as how they're all "lets increase our NA fanbase!" One way to do that is to play areas more frequently... so there is a (fucking) small chance that it might happen.

my fingers are crossed ... as well as my toes

You have to either spend money at the restaurant or buy merch from the HoB store. We didn't know this until after we had arrived. Thankfully my sister had some extra cash and went down to buy a t shirt. Then you use your receipt to show proof and you get to go ahead of people who haven't purchased stuff.

Unfortunately yeah. That's the only thing we didn't like about the venue. You either have to buy merch from their store or buy food from their restaurant. They give you a receipt and that's proof of purchase.

:indiff: That sucks.. what greedy bastards!! meh. I guess I'll eat there when I see MGMT. Hmm but don't the people that you end up cutting in line get pissed off?

Archived