Alysum

Guest because
i think my guitar is screwed it just makes a crackly sound on those settings

nah its the pleasures of the fuzz factory.

try lowering either the comp or gate slightly until it goes away.

lets hope the blok who owns the rusty manson will tell us. :D:D

It's bloody obvious what they are and I keep posting them on here:

Drive = Half

Gate = Zilch/Zero/Nothing

Stab = Whatever turns Matt on at the same time

Comp = Whatever gives Matt even more of a hard-on

Pretty much any Muse FF sound can be found using that....

I think Dead Star is a Big Muff (I'm sure I read that on this board somewhere, comfirmation please.... :confused: )

Your soon going to learn that if you bought a Fuzz Factory to play Muse songs, you've just wasted your money.

I heard him say in an interview: "I cant quite remember, I think it was a Big Muff played through Chris' bass amp"

;)

if thats the case then u should alter the kit and tab section as it says the solo is whammy on and off and fuzz factory

thats just the solo tho the excess whoosy noises are ff i believe its not something he does live just studio wankery, i think they're talking about the verse parts thats through chris amp and the main riff being on a big muff i think

ah everyone's stab controls are dying these days, what date and batch number etc is it i wonder if its the same as mine and there was a batch of faulty pots of something.

try changing the battery, i think the stab always makes a bit of noise but shouldn't be crazy, post a sound clip if you can...

nah i'm living with mine as it is, i can't be bothered with the hassles of sending it back to america. i think if you spin the stab from 0 to full repeatedly for about 1 minute or so the noise settles down, i'll look for the link to someone else who's sounds the same as mine...

right click and save target as

Fuzz Noise

there must be a simple solution, hmm its wouldn't be so difficult to take the pot out and put in a new one would it? don't wanna wreck the circuit but i'm sure after going systems and control for 2 years at GCSE i should be able to change a fucking pot! any one know where i could get the exact pot from? its prob in the building thread, i'll go take a looksy but in the mean time if anyone know and could post that would be nice. thank you

isn't it just the nicest sound :mad:

i'll prob try and get hold of a new pot and replace it myself...

edit: so its a B5K pot then ay? anyone know where the best place to pick one would be and if theres anything more specific i need to know than a B5K pot?

Guest because
there must be a simple solution, hmm its wouldn't be so difficult to take the pot out and put in a new one would it? don't wanna wreck the circuit but i'm sure after going systems and control for 2 years at GCSE i should be able to change a fucking pot! any one know where i could get the exact pot from? its prob in the building thread, i'll go take a looksy but in the mean time if anyone know and could post that would be nice. thank you

Don;t try it sonny.

the pot is weirdly attached to the PCB. I had a little stab around with a screwddrver and soldering iron.

Im sending mine off tommorow, the whole replair jobby is gonna cost £20.

Parcel force better not be wankers and charge £25 clearance fee.

really? i have mine in pieces in front of me and it looks soldered to me :S wierd... i'll take the circuit out for a closer look

edit: hmmm kinda looks like the soldered sides have been glued over or something so that they cannot be tampered with :(

Archived