Only if I keep it well-moisturised at the same time. Sadly I have no garden, and I can't be bothered to get dressed and go to Brian's to sit outside (dressing gown Sunday FTW!). And the sun's gone in up here, our weather hasn't been as good as it is down south :(

:(

probably not a good idea to moisturise before sun bathing - you might get fried!

hands are one of the hardest places to deal with eczema as they are so often wet etc. if it's really bad, i would ask your GP for referral for UVA or UVB light therapy. I believe they can treat just hands? I'm sure our hospital had a machine that you just put your hands in but i don't know if it was an A or a B machine. it may depend on your local facilities. it's not a cure (nothing is) but it is really effective. :)

sorry this is way off topic but hey ho

:(

probably not a good idea to moisturise before sun bathing - you might get fried!

hands are one of the hardest places to deal with eczema as they are so often wet etc. if it's really bad, i would ask your GP for referral for UVA or UVB light therapy. I believe they can treat just hands? I'm sure our hospital had a machine that you just put your hands in but i don't know if it was an A or a B machine. it may depend on your local facilities. it's not a cure (nothing is) but it is really effective. :)

sorry this is way off topic but hey ho

Moisturiser doesn't have to be oil-based, so I should be safe!

I may well do that, as I've been to a dermatologist before and he recommended an emollient wash which is paraffin-based (I think) and the steroid cream. Nobody has ever mentioned light therapy.

I do really struggle to keep it under control, it has to be said.

Anyway...the gig was still fcuking ace, and the pain in my hands is worth it! :D

Moisturiser doesn't have to be oil-based, so I should be safe!

I may well do that, as I've been to a dermatologist before and he recommended an emollient wash which is paraffin-based (I think) and the steroid cream. Nobody has ever mentioned light therapy.

I do really struggle to keep it under control, it has to be said.

Anyway...the gig was still fcuking ace, and the pain in my hands is worth it! :D

it sounded awesome :D hope poland is as good (oh no that's getting my expectations up now)

Absolutely amazing gig. 1000x better than than Liverpool last year, and based on what I saw of Glasto better than that too. The buzz and confusion when Plug In Baby played was :awesome: I'll post a full review when I get back next week. Special thanks to GazGriff (if that's right) for the great Muser chat. Sorry I lost you Gaz!

Oh, and the costumes... :LOL::happy:

Edit:

This will be last nights set with Guiding Light instead of Unnatural Selection and an extra riff.

Now i've said it you'll all get an awesome setlist! :awesome:

:LOL:

The only video I took last night

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TrzHiPZ6Uw

:happy: Just brilliant. I love getting up this morning and reading a slew of positivity about the show. It's so great to hear of everyone having fun and great to hear the band looked like they were having fun too!:) BRING ON WEMBLEY!!!

Pip I'm glad you are OK after getting squished, that sounds terrifying ... not being able to breathe is an awful feeling.:(

it's great to know muse has that mentality now. some bands (e.g, radiohead, lol) do that all the time. the more miserable the weather is, the more epic, the show (especially the setlist) will be. muse kinda did it by accident during the netherlands show. i just wish they'd spice it up even more by adding rare song(s) in the set if it happens again.

Yeah that was great... Kasabian was great for that too and Tom thanked the crowd several times for coming and watching them in the pouring rain.

Tbh I saw the twitpic just before Muse's performance and I thought "getting ready for oxegen, yeah right!" and then Dom walked on stage after the sirens intro and went OMLOL!! And then got so so confused just before they started PiB as I was expecting Uprising. When they played CE AND Bliss I turned around to Ali and went "the board is gonna have a fit :LOL ... I can't wait for the highlights to be shown on MTV next month, I want to see SS and KoC again!

:happy: Just brilliant. I love getting up this morning and reading a slew of positivity about the show. It's so great to hear of everyone having fun and great to hear the band looked like they were having fun too!:) BRING ON WEMBLEY!!!

Pip I'm glad you are OK after getting squished, that sounds terrifying ... not being able to breathe is an awful feeling.:(

One of my top 5 Muse performances for sure.

The barrier was scary... We were about 10/15 people away from Pip towards the centre and we left the barrier just after Kasabian as I really wanted to stay alive and not crack a rib for the amount of pressure of being crushed against the barrier.

We move next to the sound desk and I am glad we did as it meant we had loads of space for Muse and I had a propre dance and singalong.

it's great to know muse has that mentality now. some bands (e.g, radiohead, lol) do that all the time. the more miserable the weather is, the more epic, the show (especially the setlist) will be. muse kinda did it by accident during the netherlands show. i just wish they'd spice it up even more by adding rare song(s) in the set if it happens again.

I don't expect nor want to see any more 'rarities' - yes, to a lot of people CE is a rarity - at festival shows. Remember at these shows you have to think that a good portion if not most of the crowd only knows the hits and maybe some more recent singles.

I don't expect nor want to see any more 'rarities' - yes, to a lot of people CE is a rarity - at festival shows. Remember at these shows you have to think that a good portion if not most of the crowd only knows the hits and maybe some more recent singles.

The Muse mentality is a bit backwards :LOL: Rarer songs at festivals, a long set of hits at their own shows.

The main thing about last night is that those songs have energy and the stuff they cut down from Glasto was largely the slower numbers.

true. for us/many fans, ce or bliss is enough/kinda rare song. most casual muse fans (more so with non-muse fans in the festival) don't even know ce or bliss, so what's the difference if they'd play the other any non-singles/rare songs in the set.

If it replaced the singles then that might be a problem. Lotta people would go 'WTF what's this song, why don't they play TIRO/Starlight/UD/whatever, I know that song'.

In fact in an interview about three days ago Matt strongly implied that he thought bands who didn't play their hits at festivals were dickheads, so...

If it replaced the singles then that might be a problem. Lotta people would go 'WTF what's this song, why don't they play TIRO/Starlight/UD/whatever, I know that song'.

In fact in an interview about three days ago Matt strongly implied that he thought bands who didn't play their hits at festivals were dickheads, so...

I wouldn't expect them to replace a big hit at a festival, I think the point was that to an outsider CE is a random song to play at a festival and so why not throw in something like Showbiz like the old days? Though how this tour has gone getting CE and Bliss is quite a treat. I don't see why they can't drop a couple of well known songs at their own gig though.

Kasabian had the perfect balance during their set yesterday: they played their main hits, brought a song from their first album they hadn't played in a while Reason Is Treason and played a B side as well "Julie and The Mothman" and everybody around was having a great time even though they might not have known all the songs and the fans present were happy with the "rarities"

Kasabian had the perfect balance during their set yesterday: they played their main hits, brought a song from their first album they hadn't played in a while Reason Is Treason and played a B side as well "Julie and The Mothman" and everybody around was having a great time even though they might not have known all the songs and the fans present were happy with the "rarities"

You got Reason is Treason???? :supersad:

Fair enough. Again, though, you don't want to go overboard at a festival.

When was Showbiz last done btw? Can't help but think that Matt's voice, being lower, doesn't suit it any more.

Sometime at the beginning of the UK tour in 2006

they've done it before in some festivals - us festival, acl 2007 even got micro cuts - i think v festival had dead star etc.

From what I recall:

V2004 - Showbiz and The Groove

Reading 2006 - Forced In and Showbiz

V 2008 - Dead Star and Space Dementia

Archived