Got back from T last night, it was a great weekend!

Felt a bit cheated by Muse however...

The whole gig I was praying for Citizen Erased or Bliss, and we got neither. A general boring setlist, with far to many jams. Sometimes they did a jam into a song, then another after it, which wasted a lot of time. At least they shook the order up a bit. Matt hardly spoke (I know he doesn't speak a lot at gigs in general but I think he said something about 3 times, including 'cheers'). Dom didn't say much either. It just didn't feel like Muse.

To top it off, Oxegen got BOTH of the said songs. They make extra effort because it rained? Well I hope it fucking shits it down at Wembley.

The crowd was OK. The crush before was so horrible, thought I was going to die :LOL:. Jokes a side, it was terrible, too many people pushing, trying to squeeze through everyone whilst trying not to spill two pints, wanted to tip it over the wankers. I ended up further back than I was when Faithless went off.

During the set, the crowd was incredibly lively, until Hysteria, when it went dead, I think Muse got the better of everyone, and people were getting tired. Circle pits during every song nearly, very lively :LOL:. I was singing my guts out all gig, so much people were asking me if I was OK (:p), and saying well done for giving it so much. I could only see 3 or 4 other people engaging in Hysteria, US and Eurasia.

I wouldn't say they were the worst headliners. A lot of people said it was one of the best performances they've ever seen, which is understandable, because Muse are incredible live. I just think they were scraping par.

I seen Muse 3 times now, and on the 3rd time, I didn't see a single song that I haven't heard before.

So yeah, shit setlist, shook up order, major crush before, too many riffs, crowd died at Hysteria. Matt forgot to speak completely.

I don't see how this is a 'bad' festival?! A lot of people I met said they enjoyed it more than Glasto and Reading/Leeds.

On the Eminem note, he refused at the last minute for the gig not to be on TV, apparently.

Did you see him? There was definately a technical fault, with projections, the number 4 was spazzing and thrown off and it took a good while to get that in the right place

No I didn't, girlfriend wanted to see Julian Casablancas, who was shit. Would much, much rather have seen The Prodigy or Eminem.

Edit: There were a lot of visual faults on Saturday I seem to remember.

No I didn't, girlfriend wanted to see Julian Casablancas, who was shit. Would much, much rather have seen The Prodigy or Eminem.

I thought Julian was immense. Whereabouts were you for him?

first night at the o2 on this tour and nottingham on the last tour they looked like they couldn't be bothered. I suppose there were other chances to see them in England but it shouldn't be like that at all :LOL:

I thought Julian was immense. Whereabouts were you for him?

left of the stage. sound was also terrible, and he was 25 minutes late on. i don't think the people soundchecking knew what they were doing. to be fair, the strokes are a band i've always struggled to like.

I just don't get it though. Scottish crowds go more crazy for them than virtually anyone in the UK that I can think of (although being there gives me a bias admittedly!).

being an englishman i have to say i agree, most bands rave about how amazing Scottish crowds are.

Except that hidious 'here we, here we, here we fucking go' chant. made me cringe everytime.

I just don't get it though. Scottish crowds go more crazy for them than virtually anyone in the UK that I can think of (although being there gives me a bias admittedly!).
I suppose for you guys they don't play in Scotland that often which makes it worse. If it weren't for a ticketing cock up then I wouldn't have gone to the second night at the O2 and my Muse arena tour experiences would have been negative since the initial great 2003 gig. I don't understand how any gig should be markedly worse than one a day or two before or after it

left of the stage. sound was also terrible, and he was 25 minutes late on. i don't think the people soundchecking knew what they were doing. to be fair, the strokes are a band i've always struggled to like.

being an englishman i have to say i agree, most bands rave about how amazing Scottish crowds are.

Except that hidious 'here we, here we, here we fucking go' chant. made me cringe everytime.

I thought he was good, even If I had to get out because my ribs were getting screwed by the barrier

Don't diss the here we fuckin' go. if it gets going, it's amazing:LOL: before song 2 at blur, for example

I thought he was good, even If I had to get out because my ribs were getting screwed by the barrier

Don't diss the here we fuckin' go. if it gets going, it's amazing:LOL: before song 2 at blur, for example

Me not liking him is probably down to me not liking The Strokes or that music in general.

I was so confused when I first heard it...

I was at the NME stage for Kids In Glass Houses, and I couldn't make out what everyone was shouting, to me it sounded like 'hairy fuckin' dog', then I thought 'hairy fuckin' dog' was a Kids In Glass Houses song :facepalm:

How did this year compare to other TITP's?

Well, tbh, it was muse so i enjoyed every second of it..

but i am pretty pissed of they played nothing from the polls and i have still not seen anything off showbiz live!!! :(:(:(

they atmosphere was amazing in the crowd, i was in amoungst the "hardcore muse fans" down the front( probably some of you guys) and i felt right at home there..

But i really wish they hadnt given us the SECC set again ( with a few songs cuts and muddle up a bit) that was just bloody unfair!

Also, does any have the Pro-shot of Map of the Problematique that they could upload to youtube by anychance? cause ive not seen it on there and would like to seeing as the cameras zoom right in on me like 3 times xD

(girl with the scarlet hair on a guys shoulders) :) haha!

Well I love a good crush but THAT was a fu*KIN nightmare !! even beats RATM a few years ago. Totally missed Uprising completely cause my head was squashed between two sweaty glaswegian bodies oozing lager from ever pore (nice) only to emerge during New Born facing the wrong way with an elbow in my eye. Wished i was back at glasto when life was great and Muse were full colour 3D surround sound .... friday night at T in the Park was just black and white.

Except that hidious 'here we, here we, here we

fucking go' chant. made me cringe everytime.

That one doesn't bother me. It's "let's go fucking mental, let's go fucking metal nananana hey" that gets on my nerves. :LOL:

The Mexican sound waves across the site were always fun though.

Well, tbh, it was muse so i enjoyed every second of it..

but i am pretty pissed of they played nothing from the polls and i have still not seen anything off showbiz live!!! :(:(:(

they atmosphere was amazing in the crowd, i was in amoungst the "hardcore muse fans" down the front( probably some of you guys) and i felt right at home there..

But i really wish they hadnt given us the SECC set again ( with a few songs cuts and muddle up a bit) that was just bloody unfair!

Also, does any have the Pro-shot of Map of the Problematique that they could upload to youtube by anychance? cause ive not seen it on there and would like to seeing as the cameras zoom right in on me like 3 times xD

Yeah, set was poor. I was down the front on Chris' side, didn't really have a choice :LOL:

Well I love a good crush but THAT was a fu*KIN nightmare !! even beats RATM a few years ago. Totally missed Uprising completely cause my head was squashed between two sweaty glaswegian bodies oozing lager from ever pore (nice) only to emerge during New Born facing the wrong way with an elbow in my eye. Wished i was back at glasto when life was great and Muse were full colour 3D surround sound .... friday night at T in the Park was just black and white.

That crush was awful, thought I was going to die.

That one doesn't bother me. It's "let's go fucking mental, let's go fucking metal nananana hey" that gets on my nerves. :LOL:

The Mexican sound waves across the site were always fun though.

That was is equally as annoying.

Didn't see any of them, although I was either in my tent or in the arena :LOL::p

Campsite roars were funny, the first one was so satisfying.

Blah. Jc= Shite.

A friend went off to see Mumford and Sons, left when they played new songs, saw The Prodigy (apparently whole of tent was up for it, not one person standing still) after set finished caught last few of Eminem as he'd gone over time due to late start. At least they fixed it before he came on.

Hope no one suffered any incidents on the campsite (wasnt camping)

I was on barrier far right chris's side.

Some of the stewards were acting like twats ignoring those behind who needed water.

Yeah, set was poor. I was down the front on Chris' side, didn't really have a choice :LOL:

HAHA! i was probably very near you then, Chris was like directly infront of us.. we started off teh int 2nd row, pushed back, on a randomers shoulders for a bit, squished forwards again, then eventually i was at the barrier for Knights haha! :p:D

Blah. Jc= Shite.

A friend went off to see Mumford and Sons, left when they played new songs, saw The Prodigy (apparently whole of tent was up for it, not one person standing still) after set finished caught last few of Eminem as he'd gone over time due to late start. At least they fixed it before he came on.

Hope no one suffered any incidents on the campsite (wasnt camping)

I was on barrier far right chris's side.

Some of the stewards were acting like twats ignoring those behind who needed water.

:eek:You must have been like, RIGHT infront of me! I was on Chris' side, just off the side a bit (basically, in front of the giant T).

And the security guy infront of us just constantly refused to give us water, he always went to the other parts of the crowd. I was next to some guy, who (whilst looking like a prick) was really friendly, and was talking to me about how ridiculous it was they werent handing water out properly.

ALSO, I'm glad people agree with me. Whilst I did enjoy the gig at the time, as soon as it was over I couldn't help but feel let down. It was so disappointing, and that's the 2nd time after Muse that I've felt so. You'd have thought headlining such a big festival (and getting the longest slot) would make them pretty chuffed about it. It's not like the weather could have put them down either, since they dressed up and went mental in worse weather the next night.

Also, did they forget it was Fancy Dress Friday at T? Where was our costumes? :$ (not a major complaint, side note/joke)

:eek:You must have been like, RIGHT infront of me! I was on Chris' side, just off the side a bit (basically, in front of the giant T).

And the security guy infront of us just constantly refused to give us water, he always went to the other parts of the crowd. I was next to some guy, who (whilst looking like a prick) was really friendly, and was talking to me about how ridiculous it was they werent handing water out properly.

lol, just a quick check. Was the prick wearing an orange hat/face paint? Cos that might have been me. And I looked like a pillock most that day. And I was discussing that very subject with a dude around your/my age. :LOL:

It might have been someone else though.

lol, just a quick check. Was the prick wearing an orange hat/face paint? Cos that might have been me. And I looked like a pillock most that day. And I was discussing that very subject with a dude around your/my age. :LOL:

It might have been someone else though.

Naw, he was topless with almost skin head. I was next to someone with a giant sombrero (who, whilst annoyed me at first with it, kindly took it off just as Muse came on stage so others could see =))

Omg I totally saw you on the TV coverage! Both my sister and I just sort of said "Wow, her hair's pretty."

I liked the SECC a lot, but then maybe that was just because it was my first Muse gig (*blushes*). Also, they used the Unnatural Selection riff as the TITP theme on television, so they kind of had to play it.

And, on a more unrelated note, I LOVED Matt's suit.

Omg I totally saw you on the TV coverage! Both my sister and I just sort of said "Eow, her hair's pretty."

I liked the SECC a lot, but then maybe that was just because it was my first Muse gig (*blushes*). Also, they used the Unnatural Selection riff as the TITP theme on television, so they kind of had to play it.

And, on a more unrelated note, I LOVED Matt's suit.

haha! thanks

yeah i liked the SECC loads to, being my first Muses gig too! xD and yeah, i noticed that ! :p

Matt's suit was indeed EPIC :p xD

Archived