Just back from titp!

Muse were unreal! Setlist was amazing eventhough they never played a poll song but unnatural selection was a fair enough replacement! Matt looked seriously pissed off though! Not surprised as the T organisers fucked muse about sideways as always! Crowd was awesome too, was too crazy that you couldnt even jump up and down! Matt never spoke to the crowd once, was just Dom! So with zero effort Muse still managed to be the best act by far over the whole weekend!

Just back from titp!

Muse were unreal! Setlist was amazing eventhough they never played a poll song but unnatural selection was a fair enough replacement! Matt looked seriously pissed off though! Not surprised as the T organisers fucked muse about sideways as always! Crowd was awesome too, was too crazy that you couldnt even jump up and down! Matt never spoke to the crowd once, was just Dom! So with zero effort Muse still managed to be the best act by far over the whole weekend!

How did the organisers fuck Muse about?

Just back from titp!

Disagree completely man. The whole set felt so... empty. It was muse by numbers, and even then, they were so lacklustre in comparison to most of the other acts ver the weekend. As for the 2 song encore, that was a fucking joke.

As for the organisers "fucking them about", it's doubtful. The organisers are really co-operative with their headliners (look at Blur last year for example - Half an hour late on stage because Coxon had food poisoning) so I HIGHLY doubt they got the plug pulled on them, and if they did, it doesn't take a lot to apologise for it.

The crowd were considerably better than Muse were, if that makes sense, it's just a shame they couldn't quite feed off of that energy.

we were at the back of the golden circle for T & I could not tell what the crowd were like behind us but I thought a lot of the ones in front weren't really up for it!! It did look different on the TV coverage as crowd looked a bit more lively. Muse were good as always & at one point I thought Matt was in a bit of a mood - not sure why as he looked as though he was enjoying himself at other times (e.g when he was skipping around the stage:LOL:)!!!

The atmosphere wasn't the same as 2004 - it was absolutely amazing when they came on stage that night

Well just come back and I have to say it was one of the best gigs I have been to. Muse looked like they were enjoying themselves (dont know where people are getting the idea that matt was pissed off.

Chris himself hails this year's Scottish bash as the best ever (nme).

On the crowd, was not perfect but the crowd really got going at about the 9th song. I was there and believe me it was fucking crazy. Was certainly better than the glasto crowd anyway. Matt actually let us sing tiro whereas on glasto he didnt.

Reading through some of the comments and saying were all neds lol, there was hardly any chavs and shouting "here we fucking go" is a t tradition.

On another note i was pissed off that they didnt play any of the poll songs but o well was a class gig, with a good crowd, look at videos of pib or ss and the crowd were really "bouncing" then.

Well just come back and I have to say it was one of the best gigs I have been to. Muse looked like they were enjoying themselves (dont know where people are getting the idea that matt was pissed off.

Chris himself hails this year's Scottish bash as the best ever (nme).

On the crowd, was not perfect but the crowd really got going at about the 9th song. I was there and believe me it was fucking crazy. Was certainly better than the glasto crowd anyway. Matt actually let us sing tiro whereas on glasto he didnt.

Reading through some of the comments and saying were all neds lol, there was hardly any chavs and shouting "here we fucking go" is a t tradition.

On another note i was pissed off that they didnt play any of the poll songs but o well was a class gig, with a good crowd, look at videos of pib or ss and the crowd were really "bouncing" then.

There don't appear to be any on Youtube, just of the four songs we've already seen proshots of, perhaps because people are still getting back.

There don't appear to be any on Youtube, just of the four songs we've already seen proshots of, perhaps because people are still getting back.

yeah i guess so, couldnt belive they only showed 4 songs, glasto got full coverage!

Just got back.

They were good, and better than the last time they played Scotland, but it's a shame they didn't think to play any pre-absolution songs apart from NB/PIB/FG AGAIN. I doubt Scots will ever get a great setlist.

So, yeah, they performed well, lotsa riffs etc. I agree with Ross that the crowd were quite enthusiastic, as expected really, and I agree that Muse weren't the best act of the weekend. Faithless and The Prodigy were also amazing fun to bounce around in, whilst Frightened Rabbit were just fantastic.

On another note, that crush was absolutely terrible - worst than I've seen it in a while and I've seen metal bands live. It found it a lot safer in the mosh pit to be honest! You'd think they'd at least ask people to take a step back because I had to help quite a few folk up. It only really calmed down at around Unnatural Selection. Rumours are that the guy that collapsed and died on Friday had attended Muse but I'm not sure if this is the case.

On the day shockingly enjoyed Faithless>Muse, Faithless are great at festivals.

Bad choice of guitar? Technician?

Matt did speak, after Dom probably reminded him "oh yeah...blah blah blah" lol.

Also how good were Eminem and Jay Z. Brilliant.

Certainly on the TV the guitars sounded off - the loudest things were the drums and synths.

I'm in mixed minds here. I don't quite know how I feel...

This is my 3rd time seeing Muse (Meadowbank 2006, SECC 2009) and I feel pretty disappointed.

Firstly, I don't know what this whole "Matt being pissed off" is all about, so any info would be great? As for the crowd, they were brilliant where I was. Constantly singing along and jumping around throughout the set, and cheering for more when they went off for the encore. The only let down with them, was the relentess shoving/crushing before Muse came on. It was awful, so many people were getting lifted out due to injury, before a bad was on stage! Fair enough a bit of pushing will be experienced during a gig, but that was just ridiculous, the amount of twats at T disgusts me.

Now, I thought the performance was fairly good. But only fairly. Matt barely spoke (even less than usual) and they spent the whole night in the same positions (Matt never moved away from the left hand side). They were throwing in little riffs after practically every song, and they seemed to be having an alright time, but something didn't seem right.

Any crowd problems can be dismissed, as I said, I was 2 rows from the barrier on the right and everyone around me, and as far as I could see were into it. Not many songs wweren't getting sung a long to, HOTRS instrumental was sung along to, Starlight had the clapping it always earns, and any time Matt let us sing parts, we did so greatly.

So why am i unsure as to how I feel after it? The set list. I'm nt one too usually complain about the set list, but everytime I look back at it, I just cant help but think "What the fuck?". Sure, they mixed it up a bit, (Map before New Born, which was followed by an early Hysteria appearance was great) but the set was pretty poor.

Not one of the summer poll songs were played, and considering they have played Bliss/CE in the build up (and after, at Oxegen) I feel cheated. It's not like we had requested songs that would have been troulesome to set up and play, since theyve been playing them a lot lately!

I couldn't help but laugh when I heard an interview with Dom earlier on, from before the gig saying how Festivals are a good chance t mix it up and play things they dont usually play, I take it Scotland festivals aren't included in that?

I mean look at this, the set from SECC on the left, T on the right:

Uprising - Uprising

Resistance - Supermassive Black Hole

New Born - Map of the Problematique

Map of the Problematique - New Born

Supermassive Black Hole - Interlude + Hysteria

Guiding Light - Unnatural Selection

Interlude + Hysteria - Nishe + USoE

Nishe + USoE - Feeling Good

Feeling Good - Undisclosed Desires

Undisclosed Desires - Resistance

Starlight - House of the Rising Sun Riff + TiRO

Plug In Baby - Starlight

Time is Running Out - Stockholm Syndrome

Unnantural Selection - /

Encore:

Overture - Plug In Baby

Stockholm Syndrome - Knights of Cydonia

Knights of Cydonia - /

Bar dropping 2 songs (Overture + Guiding Light) the set is the exact same, being mixed up. So where is this whole "playing different stuff" coming into play? Oh that's right, every other festival that's not in Scotland! This is the 2nd time i felt cheated after seeing Muse. The previous time was at the SECC gig, when we got a song or two less than every other UK show, AND despite hearing them soundcheck MK Ultra, they refused to play it, instead waiting until the next night in Birmingham.

That felt like a slap in the face, but could be excused due to it being the first performance so may not have been upto scratch. But what's the excuse for no Bliss/Citizen Erased (Assassin/Fury/Showbiz). There is none. It just seems like a half arsed set. I can't help but get the vibe from them (on the latest 2 gigs, the Meadowbank one was great) that they don't care for playing here. We get one gig on their UK tour (none during their "UK Stadium" one), which gets less songs than the others yet costs the same. Then on their return, we get the same half arsed setlist, with a few songs dropped from the Glasgow gig and no sign of the Poll songs, which they have been playing everywhere else.

Whilst this may be a massive essay, I need to vent. I was so excited about seeing them, but can't help but feel let down. Those saying "get over it", its hard when you pay so much to see their only Scotland gigs, and you get a shit setlist compared to elsewhere.

I've got my tickets to Wembley, if I feel the same after that, then I'll take back this whole "Scotland biasedness", but until then, that is exactly how it feels.

In the interview I mentioned earlier, Dom talks about how he enjoys playing up here, (and weirdly, how he misses playing in Edinburgh, because it's always Glasgow they end up at), why can't they show it? It seems like achore to them, with no imagination going into the sets at all.

I also think the fans should be informed as to why some shows are missing out on the set list songs. Why offer us that oppurtinity if you're not going to fulfil it at every gig. Fair enough if some have obscure songs that can't really be played (but then again, they could limit songs they were unwilling to play when the poll was set up) But if you have Bliss/CE topping polls in say, 4 gigs in a row, you can't play it during the first 2, miss it on the 3rd then play it again on the 4th, completely injust.

/rant over.

I'm in mixed minds here. I don't quite know how I feel...

This is my 3rd time seeing Muse (Meadowbank 2006, SECC 2009) and I feel pretty disappointed.

Firstly, I don't know what this whole "Matt being pissed off" is all about, so any info would be great? As for the crowd, they were brilliant where I was. Constantly singing along and jumping around throughout the set, and cheering for more when they went off for the encore. The only let down with them, was the relentess shoving/crushing before Muse came on. It was awful, so many people were getting lifted out due to injury, before a bad was on stage! Fair enough a bit of pushing will be experienced during a gig, but that was just ridiculous, the amount of twats at T disgusts me.

Now, I thought the performance was fairly good. But only fairly. Matt barely spoke (even less than usual) and they spent the whole night in the same positions (Matt never moved away from the left hand side). They were throwing in little riffs after practically every song, and they seemed to be having an alright time, but something didn't seem right.

Any crowd problems can be dismissed, as I said, I was 2 rows from the barrier on the right and everyone around me, and as far as I could see were into it. Not many songs wweren't getting sung a long to, HOTRS instrumental was sung along to, Starlight had the clapping it always earns, and any time Matt let us sing parts, we did so greatly.

So why am i unsure as to how I feel after it? The set list. I'm nt one too usually complain about the set list, but everytime I look back at it, I just cant help but think "What the fuck?". Sure, they mixed it up a bit, (Map before New Born, which was followed by an early Hysteria appearance was great) but the set was pretty poor.

Not one of the summer poll songs were played, and considering they have played Bliss/CE in the build up (and after, at Oxegen) I feel cheated. It's not like we had requested songs that would have been troulesome to set up and play, since theyve been playing them a lot lately!

I couldn't help but laugh when I heard an interview with Dom earlier on, from before the gig saying how Festivals are a good chance t mix it up and play things they dont usually play, I take it Scotland festivals aren't included in that?

I mean look at this, the set from SECC on the left, T on the right:

Uprising - Uprising

Resistance - Supermassive Black Hole

New Born - Map of the Problematique

Map of the Problematique - New Born

Supermassive Black Hole - Interlude + Hysteria

Guiding Light - Unnatural Selection

Interlude + Hysteria - Nishe + USoE

Nishe + USoE - Feeling Good

Feeling Good - Undisclosed Desires

Undisclosed Desires - Resistance

Starlight - House of the Rising Sun Riff + TiRO

Plug In Baby - Starlight

Time is Running Out - Stockholm Syndrome

Unnantural Selection - /

Encore:

Overture - Plug In Baby

Stockholm Syndrome - Knights of Cydonia

Knights of Cydonia - /

Bar dropping 2 songs (Overture + Guiding Light) the set is the exact same, being mixed up. So where is this whole "playing different stuff" coming into play? Oh that's right, every other festival that's not in Scotland! This is the 2nd time i felt cheated after seeing Muse. The previous time was at the SECC gig, when we got a song or two less than every other UK show, AND despite hearing them soundcheck MK Ultra, they refused to play it, instead waiting until the next night in Birmingham.

That felt like a slap in the face, but could be excused due to it being the first performance so may not have been upto scratch. But what's the excuse for no Bliss/Citizen Erased (Assassin/Fury/Showbiz). There is none. It just seems like a half arsed set. I can't help but get the vibe from them (on the latest 2 gigs, the Meadowbank one was great) that they don't care for playing here. We get one gig on their UK tour (none during their "UK Stadium" one), which gets less songs than the others yet costs the same. Then on their return, we get the same half arsed setlist, with a few songs dropped from the Glasgow gig and no sign of the Poll songs, which they have been playing everywhere else.

Whilst this may be a massive essay, I need to vent. I was so excited about seeing them, but can't help but feel let down. Those saying "get over it", its hard when you pay so much to see their only Scotland gigs, and you get a shit setlist compared to elsewhere.

I've got my tickets to Wembley, if I feel the same after that, then I'll take back this whole "Scotland biasedness", but until then, that is exactly how it feels.

In the interview I mentioned earlier, Dom talks about how he enjoys playing up here, (and weirdly, how he misses playing in Edinburgh, because it's always Glasgow they end up at), why can't they show it? It seems like achore to them, with no imagination going into the sets at all.

I also think the fans should be informed as to why some shows are missing out on the set list songs. Why offer us that oppurtinity if you're not going to fulfil it at every gig. Fair enough if some have obscure songs that can't really be played (but then again, they could limit songs they were unwilling to play when the poll was set up) But if you have Bliss/CE topping polls in say, 4 gigs in a row, you can't play it during the first 2, miss it on the 3rd then play it again on the 4th, completely injust.

/rant over.

You sir, deserve a fucking medal. I'm SO glad I wasn't the only one who got the vibe that they just did not want to be there.

Worst headliner of the festival.

they were fucking dire.

They really were. Average at best (and not average for muse either. just average in general)

-Invincible-

you've pretty much summed up some felt cheated as there were no real surprises in the setlist. I was BORED during Nishe/eurasia/FG.

I'm not fussed about the polls as it seems a lot are Bliss/CE no variety, but for some this would have been better than what they got.

Glad US got played and Dom further forward for UD.

The whole Matt pissed coming from kicking guitar to ground after SS? Also Friday was fancy dress...

Maxi Jazz wore heather and a long kilt.

As for organisers, Eminem was on late because there was a technical problem with the visuals, there had been rumours he wasn't going to turn up before Fri but he did and was great! Even if he kept saying 'EDINBURGH' lol.

If anyone's interested in watching anything from this awful festival that people seem to think it was :-p then Muse are being looped with Editors and Corinne Bailey Rae (is that right?) right now on the red button on Sky at and from 7pm on Freeview :)

Oh yeah, and I think if we get more footage, Friday's our best bet:

Viewers of the BBC Two highlights show starting at 11:05pm on Friday 16th can also enjoy an extended mix of festival highlights, with Sky and Virgin viewers offered a choice of four video streams with full sets from many of the bands on the programme.

If anyone's interested in watching anything from this awful festival that people seem to think it was :-p then Muse are being looped with Editors and Corinne Bailey Rae (is that right?) right now on the red button on Sky at and from 7pm on Freeview :)

Oh yeah, and I think if we get more footage, Friday's our best bet:

Viewers of the BBC Two highlights show starting at 11:05pm on Friday 16th can also enjoy an extended mix of festival highlights, with Sky and Virgin viewers offered a choice of four video streams with full sets from many of the bands on the programme.

Okay thanks. Do you know if there's anything extra on the Freeview red button?

Assuming you mean today, I'm pretty sure it'll be exactly the same as to Sky. It's just that Sky can have more than one stream at once, so they have TITP and some Wogan & Biggins thing on at the same time. Freeview just has the one stream so they show the Wogan stuff until 18:50 then TITP from 19:00. So yeah, most likely be exactly the same stream.

Like I mentioned before, Friday's looking our best bet for extra footage! It says full sets from many bands but knowing Muse's past with broadcasting we wont get any kind of full set from them but hopefully we'll get a bit more than we have.

UPDATE: The stream today is quite shit. Includes:

Supermassive Black Hole, with Kaoss intro cut.

New Born, cuts in when Matt starts singing.

Hysteria, Interlude cut out.

Maybe they were pissed off because they had to come to miserable Scotland after being lovely Greece :rolleyes:

-Invincible-, I had those feelings too after the SECC gig.

I liked the Glasgow gig fine (even if I was in seating) but I ended up deciding to make the trip to Wembley because Scottish gigs always do have a bit of a feel of "just another gig on a long tour", but to be fair we did get a semi-unique jam :LOL:

I liked the Glasgow gig fine (even if I was in seating) but I ended up deciding to make the trip to Wembley because Scottish gigs always do have a bit of a feel of "just another gig on a long tour", but to be fair we did get a semi-unique jam :LOL:

We did! Can't help the not so impressed feeling I had after the gig though. Which is probably also my own fault for looking at the setlists of the previous gigs.

Archived