Favourite Exogenisis track?  

671 members have voted

1. 1. Favourite Exogenisis track?

• Part I: Overture
    • Part II: Cross Pollination
    • Part III: Redemption

• 2 weeks later...

Overture, in my opinion, has the most emotion. The wailing falsetto is absolutely perfect for the tone that the song is trying to convey, and it really makes it feel like I'm listening to a ghost (or something akin to a ghost).

It's mysterious, it's beautiful. But hey, Exogenesis in its entirety is.

Overture, in my opinion, has the most emotion. The wailing falsetto is absolutely perfect for the tone that the song is trying to convey, and it really makes it feel like I'm listening to a ghost (or something akin to a ghost).

It's mysterious, it's beautiful. But hey, Exogenesis in its entirety is.

The strings in the begining are amazing.

• 1 month later...
Do you know how offended I am by that? That was really insensitive of you. Just because you're Atheist, doesn't mean you can't be spiritual. I think it's more possible to be like that when you are actually Atheist, because Christians just allow themselves to be brainwashed :facepalm:

Matt is an Atheist. No doubt.

My intention was in no way meant to be offensive, it was just an observation. I was simply trying to say that he managed to capture the feeling of true redemption, which is something that is associated more with those who believe in sin & a creator giving a second chance.

.......brainwashed? Don't you think that was a little insensitive of "you"? I only believed fully in a creator after careful consideration & research scientifically.

The definition of spiritual also is related more to those who believe in a creator which is why I used that word. Sorry if it offended. As others mentioned it seems from more recent interviews he isn't totally opposed to the idea of a creator.

spir·i·tu·al

1. Of, relating to, consisting of, or having the nature of spirit; not tangible or material. immaterial

2. Of, concerned with, or affecting the soul.

3. Of, from, or relating to God; deific.

4. Of or belonging to a church or religion; sacred.

5. Relating to or having the nature of spirits or a spirit; supernatural.

My intention was in no way meant to be offensive, it was just an observation. I was simply trying to say that he managed to capture the feeling of true redemption, which is something that is associated more with those who believe in sin & a creator giving a second chance.

.......brainwashed? Don't you think that was a little insensitive of "you"? I only believed fully in a creator after careful consideration & research scientifically.

The definition of spiritual also is related more to those who believe in a creator which is why I used that word. Sorry if it offended. As others mentioned it seems from more recent interviews he isn't totally opposed to the idea of a creator.

spir·i·tu·al

1. Of, relating to, consisting of, or having the nature of spirit; not tangible or material. immaterial

2. Of, concerned with, or affecting the soul.

3. Of, from, or relating to God; deific.

4. Of or belonging to a church or religion; sacred.

5. Relating to or having the nature of spirits or a spirit; supernatural.

I agree that saying that people are 'brainwashed' into any religion is pretty stupid. Anyhoww, it is Redemption for me. The piano part is excellent, and there's not a part I dont like. I love the beginning of Cross-Pollination however.

Overture is by far my favourite. The introduction strings, then the arpeggios, the drums, vocals. Awesome guitar work. Matt's wails give me shivers every time. Then when everything comes together as he sings "IIIIIIIII CAN'T FORGIIIIIIVE YOU" - truly awesome stuff.

However, they have so far failed to replicate this awesomeness live. Orchestral backing required for Exo imo.

From 1 to 10 stars, I put Redemption 10 stars. I just love every part of that song. Plus, the lyrics have special meanings for me. Then, Ouverture and CP got both 9,9 stars. They're both perfect. And If I listen to all three parts? They have 1000000 stars.

Archived