Israel for Muse

Liron

So just to make a point before I start getting all those 'when a thread gets locked' links... this thread isn't asking when and if Muse are coming here and hopefully this thread won't come across as a 'begging' thread, that isn't our intention. Basically the Musers here are doing all they can and probably more than anyone has ever done before to bring their favorite band over and seeing as this is a Muse forum, we figured we should tell you all about it and hopefully get some more support :)

Some of you may recall how much effort we've put into bringing Muse to Israel in 2007 and that we actually had a show scheduled. A show which was later cancelled (for the record, the band isn't to blame...). We've written letters, made several projects, passed stuff to Muse themselves and at the same time promoted a big petition to bring them to Israel (ipetitions.com/petition/museisrael). When all that failed and the show was cancelled, we were told that the tour was finishing and that we won't get to see them over before 2010. So what can you do? We waited patiently! (plus those of us capable of doing so flew around to see them).

greece.jpg

^^ we gave Muse 'a star' from the Israeli fans.. that day we also gave Dominic his scrapbook. Greece 2007

hungary.jpg

^^ some of the lucky ones who quickly managed to fly over for a show after the Israeli show was cancelled. Hungary 2007 (there were around 50 of us there and many more flags lol)

Now we're in 2010 and we're back to our old tricks. However, this time Muse are bigger than ever in our little country, with more radio plays than before and The Resistance being the third best selling album of the year by an international artist and chosen no.1 as most favorite. Thanks to that of course we're gaining even more support this time around.

We've got a brand new website (http://muse.org.il - if anyone wants Hebrew lessons, let me know :LOL:), we've had articles detailing our efforts in some of the biggest Israeli news/music websites and we're in touch with literally every big show producer in the country.

One of these producers has already mentioned all these producers are virtually fighting over Muse with everyone wanting to be 'remembered' as those who brought the best live act in the world to our country. But for some reason things are moving extremely slowly if at all...

So right now we're pushing our new petition (with over 4000 members already!) forward -

http://bring.museisrael.com

And we'd just be happy to hear from others and get as much support as possible from people all around the world.

And if/when Muse do come here, you can all come and stay at my place :LOL: knowing the Israeli fans, they'll be so excited the show will be a must to all those who can make it!! 2009 was a good year for shows around here (Madonna with 2 gigs 50,000 sold out.. Leonard Cohen 50,000... Depeche Mode 25,000.. And smaller shows like Faith No More 7000, Dream Theater 12000... you get the point! The people here like live shows). Pixies, Santana and Dave Matthews Band (happy :D) were already announced for 2010. But something's missing.

Rise up and take the power back.. etcetc

http://bring.museisrael.com

EDIT: full list of what we've done so far...

http://muse.org.il/israel/doneeng.htm

here i am, supporting the cause!

Liron, the work you're doing is amazing, and after seeing all of this and talking to you i can actually believe it will happen! so..whatever you need for help- I'm usually bored these days:)

also, people should know that we(israelis) tend to think that everybody else hates us, so if Muse dissapoint us again...

(liron-you see what i'm doing here?)

I don't need lessons in Hebrew!

But I have a Hebrew Public speaking speech coming up,

and I REALLY am worried :(

I go to A jewish school,

so half English,

half Hebrew. I do alright, I need to work on it. (:

yeah, I'm in Canada,

And I think my family is planning a trip to Israel for the Summer,

So of course I'll join it (:

I remember the amount of work you guys put in during 2007 and it was awesome so you've definitely got my support and deserve this, your fan base sounds huge. I think I even remember telling Liron that I would go if Muse ever played there, I don't think I could ever afford it though :LOL:

I remember the amount of work you guys put in during 2007 and it was awesome so you've definitely got my support and deserve this, your fan base sounds huge. I think I even remember telling Liron that I would go if Muse ever played there, I don't think I could ever afford it though :LOL:

yeah! i think it's about time people from other places will come to Israel to hear live music! (and not the other way around)

Thanks everyone for your support. Please keep joining us at http://bring.museisrael.com

We really appreciate it guys :happy:

I do realise there's a possibility that it won't happen this year but might happen in 2011... I still see it as 'being optimistic', because 2011 is better than in another 10 years time or more or never... yet still, we waited long enough. I hope we won't have to wait yet another year.

Shalom, la hiem, and mazeltov!

(sorry that's all the hebrew I know from the many bar mitzvahs and bat mitzvahs I've gone to :LOL:)

Wish you all the luck in getting a gig Israeli Musers! :musesign:

Toda raba :)

here i am, supporting the cause!

Liron, the work you're doing is amazing, and after seeing all of this and talking to you i can actually believe it will happen! so..whatever you need for help- I'm usually bored these days:)

also, people should know that we(israelis) tend to think that everybody else hates us, so if Muse dissapoint us again...

(liron-you see what i'm doing here?)

Ew! No, don't play the nazi card lol I hate it when Jewish people do that.

I don't need lessons in Hebrew!

But I have a Hebrew Public speaking speech coming up,

and I REALLY am worried :(

I go to A jewish school,

so half English,

half Hebrew. I do alright, I need to work on it. (:

yeah, I'm in Canada,

And I think my family is planning a trip to Israel for the Summer,

So of course I'll join it (:

Awesome :) If you want any help with your Hebrew, we're here ;)

Bless ya, you're still invited :D

(and Helen T, you're coming, I'm already baking cookies for you).

Ew! No, don't play the nazi card lol I hate it when Jewish people do that.

lol! told you i will try to make this a hot topic for you:)

That is actualy funny since so many Israeli's have been flying abroad to hear live music.. especially to hear Muse live :D

yay us!!

I know- I've seen Muse three times and I'm from Afula!

(i should really change the "Berlin" in my location...;))

Shalom, Ma Nishma? I am in Ny but grew up in Israel 20 years and can say that during that time there,, we never had anything like MUSE and I hope that they will make it to Israel for you all. I myself am going to see them for the first time in March.

I know- I've seen Muse three times and I'm from Afula!

(i should really change the "Berlin" in my location...;))

:LOL: yeah you probably should!

I saw them once a few months ago in Paris and really want again but can't because i'm in university :(

I'm waiting for them to publish new tour dates for August so I might be able to go again :( cause I can't go while i'm in school (I already missed 2 weeks because I went to see them in Paris..) ... let's hope they come here instead :D although I might go abroead anyway ;)

Archived