Israel for Muse

Liron

• 4 weeks later...

I know this is probably none of you Israeli musers faults but to a lot of people, Israel is like the South African apartheid and so myself and many others would be disappointed if they visited your country right now. Think about it, your government acts beyond international law as it plans to demolish arab houses in east Jerusalem and even now continues its one sided slaughter of the indigenous population, something most people expected to end after their last attacks which left over a thousand dead. Rather than moaning about your troubles, maybe you should protest your governments actions rather than cheering it, we all know how popular their brutality is with most of you. That wasn't supposed to be so negative but unfortunately most things are when we consider Israel these days, I also hope MUSE visits your country but right now it seems very unlikely given the circumstances, but the power to change that lies in your hands.

I know this is probably none of you Israeli musers faults but to a lot of people, Israel is like the South African apartheid and so myself and many others would be disappointed if they visited your country right now. Think about it, your government acts beyond international law as it plans to demolish arab houses in east Jerusalem and even now continues its one sided slaughter of the indigenous population, something most people expected to end after their last attacks which left over a thousand dead. Rather than moaning about your troubles, maybe you should protest your governments actions rather than cheering it, we all know how popular their brutality is with most of you. That wasn't supposed to be so negative but unfortunately most things are when we consider Israel these days, I also hope MUSE visits your country but right now it seems very unlikely given the circumstances, but the power to change that lies in your hands.

For personal reasons I actually didn't plan on posting here for a while.. but I had to reply to this post.

I completely understand and agree with your point HOWEVER, most of the Muse fans here are kids-teenagers and people in their 20's. If Muse choose not to come here because of how the government acts, they'll be coming out against the fans, not the government, that's not going to hurt the government.

I'm a member of several peace organisations, I'm even volunteering in one of them, but to make a change we'll need a lot more than a couple of thousands of youngsters who listen to Muse. So we can moan about the situation here all we like but let's face it, real change isn't going to happen here soon. And it's not true that the power for change is in our hands, we can go to rallies and do whatever we want against the government and when we can vote them off I assure you myself and many others will, but again, I doubt it will change anything.

The things that do tend to help, funnily enough, is when artists like Roger Waters and Paul McCartney came here and spoke out against it. In this situation, IMO, if an artist feels like by coming here they're supporting something wrong and twisted, they shouldn't punish the fans but rather come here, stand tall and speak against it. Talking about how crap this place here from a different country is all too easy. Come here and help change it.

On this note, the organisation I'm volunteering in is actually trying to arrange a big concert against the conflict.

I agree with Liron on every point! and we don't even have the same political views...

it is really easy to live somewhere els, listen to the mostly one sided news and criticise

And it really won't be fair to punish the fans for the fact that they live here.

politics allways fuck everything up in my opinion, this is the place for us to moan about our troubles cause we as Israeli's know truly how shity life can be.

I hope if what you said really bothers Muse than they will do the right thing, come here and like Liron said speak against it.

For personal reasons I actually didn't plan on posting here for a while.. but I had to reply to this post.

I completely understand and agree with your point HOWEVER, most of the Muse fans here are kids-teenagers and people in their 20's. If Muse choose not to come here because of how the government acts, they'll be coming out against the fans, not the government, that's not going to hurt the government.

I'm a member of several peace organisations, I'm even volunteering in one of them, but to make a change we'll need a lot more than a couple of thousands of youngsters who listen to Muse. So we can moan about the situation here all we like but let's face it, real change isn't going to happen here soon. And it's not true that the power for change is in our hands, we can go to rallies and do whatever we want against the government and when we can vote them off I assure you myself and many others will, but again, I doubt it will change anything.

The things that do tend to help, funnily enough, is when artists like Roger Waters and Paul McCartney came here and spoke out against it. In this situation, IMO, if an artist feels like by coming here they're supporting something wrong and twisted, they shouldn't punish the fans but rather come here, stand tall and speak against it. Talking about how crap this place here from a different country is all too easy. Come here and help change it.

On this note, the organisation I'm volunteering in is actually trying to arrange a big concert against the conflict.

The truth is, no other country has ever really had any success in influencing Israels policies, usually because of the large influence support groups have in many western governments and the inability of the UN to impose any kind of sanctions. So while I agree that taking it out on the fans won't help anyone and that it's far too easy to criticize, Only Israelis have the ability to influence their government, even if it is a small contribution.

Given what you have said, I would firstly like to commend you, I myself am involved in several pro-democracy/human-rights organizations, so I know it isn't easy to influence a government. If MUSE was able to visit and did speak out against the conflict, then I would support that decision.

But I think if MUSE fans in particular showed their support for peace in a way which made it obvious to the rest of the world and in particular MUSE, it would make it seem like the right thing to do. Because as I said earlier, I too would like to see them play in Israel. But the conditions and reasons have to be right for fans like me to support it.

That would also satisfy a further consideration as to how many actual fans there are in Israel, who would support such an anti-conflict concert.

What you seem to forget is Israel's situation is more than politics. It's religion, which tends to influence this country's policies even more and makes it harder for us to change it. I just read an article that over 50% of Israel's males are religioius! I have to admit that did scare me cos I don't think they've ever been more than half...

Still, I don't think anyone from another country should judge before coming here for a week or so. Things always look different through the media.

Other than that I'd like to ask for this discussion to stop, you've brought across your opinions but this place isn't for politics. That's why I choose not to go to this board - http://board.muse.mu/forumdisplay.php?f=18

You can talk about politics there and frankly, we get enough of it in real life.

Til then... the Israeli Muse fan club is having a masssive Muse party in Tel Aviv on 04/04! (Passover :p no Matzas included!!), this will be the 4TH OFFICIAL Muse party supported by the fan club!

25815_393598229342_788844342_4797024_3694737_n.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=368408375052#!/event.php?eid=368408375052&ref=nf

Will include a tribute show as well by the band 'Lidiya's Meatballs' :LOL:

The Muse tribute party happened and was a big success!

here is Citizen Erased performed by Lidiya's Meatballs at the party!

:musesign:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tB1UtoxEqRc

• 3 weeks later...

The Editors were just here! performed in a small club because the Pixies cancelled.. They rule!

They said it was an unforgettable night and that the Israeli crowd is amazing!

from here they went directly to Paris to support Muse. let's hope they shower them with compliments about us and that they will come here soon! :D

lol thanks for noticing that, I totally didn't :LOL: I'm pretty annoyed I missed Editors here, if Pixies hadn't cancelled I wouldn't mind, I really didn't want to see them supporting them... but after they did a headline show I was really annoyed. It was only 1000 people and according to this message by Tom -

http://forum.editorsofficial.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=10271&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0&sid=79d28f478714007dd642a7fa70675893

I think at times like these when even the least political minds can agree our government is the worst thing ever it's even more important for artists to come here, show up and talk about things rather than running away (ie Pixies, Klaxons...)

Both Placebo and Editors did a damn good job at that in the past week!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

hi dudes, long time no bump...

anyway, except for the 1000 muse parties we have in a month now (:LOL: seriously, i undestand there are 2 different muse party lines going but 2 parties in one week is a bit much...) there'll also be a muse special of Radio kol ha'negev on thursday (7/10) starting 8pm.

i'll be interviewed about the efforts to bring muse over and looks like a music producer who's been trying to bring the band might be interviewed too ;) plus good music!

i'll put a link here to listen to it live when i have it... for internationals - you'll be able to listen to it too but i'm afraid we'll be speaking hebrew... at least you can enjoy the music.

• 4 months later...

You may not see us alot here, but the Israeli crowd is still waiting for Muse!

Every time a gig by someone famous world-wide is announced, people always comment about how they are still waiting for Muse..

We won't give up this time, Muse to Israel THIS YEAR!

• 3 weeks later...
Of course writing here isn't gonna help getting Muse to Israel, but i'll do it anyway:

Muse, please come to Israel!

Thank you.

oh and here is a performance of Butterflies and Hurricanes by a Muse tribute band i play in:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rbi5XeBAQQw

Hope you enjoy it!

It might help, you can never know. it's like a child who wants ("more from the NME", Matt drunk, loved it!) really bad something and can't stop bother he's parents about it until he gets it.

So, MUSE you should come to ISRAEL!

• 1 year later...

Archived