this presale is not through ticketmaster. now, tomorrow when the problem remains the same, you can complain to the united center, but they will laugh you off. sorry.

Perhaps the petition writers should include concertmaps.com in the text of the petition. I'm seeing lots of Ticketmaster mentions.

Perhaps the petition writers should include concertmaps.com in the text of the petition. I'm seeing lots of Ticketmaster mentions.

I agree. Concertmaps is the vendor picked by the band (most likely the band's management) to handle the pre-sale and as far as I know, has no association with Ticketmaster.

Yeah, it was mainly because during the general sale the tickets were already being sold on secondary sites 2 minutes after they went up because Ticketmaster sold them on, that was the main issue. The presale is a bit crappy too, and perhaps should have been mentioned in the wording, not sure if it can be edited now...

I agree. Concertmaps is the vendor picked by the band (most likely the band's management) to handle the pre-sale and as far as I know, has no association with Ticketmaster.

exactly.

the problem is the fact that there's no protection on the part of concertmaps to prevent scalpers from intercepting tickets. all they have is that password page which is supposed to protect from bots. but there's humans who work for scalpers so that protection point is moot.

frustration reigns supreme.

As long as they're making money they don't care. Because in the end, you'll still buy the tickets regardless of how dick the industry is.

Yep. It's like voting democrat or republican. You can bitch all you want, but you're still most likely going to vote one way or the other.

Anyway, the presale is what everyone is (rightfully) pissed off about at the moment. Why isn't it mentioned in the petition? The petition appears to be protesting the band's use of Ticketmaster for ticket distribution. Nary a word about presale concerns. I guess I'm just confused.

Yeah, it was mainly because during the general sale the tickets were already being sold on secondary sites 2 minutes after they went up because Ticketmaster sold them on, that was the main issue. The presale is a bit crappy too, and perhaps should have been mentioned in the wording, not sure if it can be edited now...

I hope so. If this is a concerted effort to make some kind of change instead of just an ego-stroking act of slacktivism, the petition needs to be worded very carefully.

Feel free to voice your distaste for this, but know that the promoter, the venue, the band's management, and in some cases even the band themselves are making money off selling tickets through secondary ticket sellers. And again, that has nothing (or very little) to do with Ticketmaster.

Alright then, thanks for the help people, you're all too kind. Good luck in general sale, I hope you all get your tickets.

Don't get me wrong, I think screaming about how ridiculous this system is from the rooftops is great, but if you are directing your anger at the wrong people/company it isn't going to do any good. Just trying to help you direct your efforts at the right people.

I hope so. If this is a concerted effort to make some kind of change instead of just an ego-stroking act of slacktivism, the petition needs to be worded very carefully.

I find that really rude. The petition was made directly after the MSG sale happened a week ago, and since we've all been doing a lot of research on the subject. There is no 'ego stroking', there are people who are upset and genuinely want to make a difference and are confronted with a shitload of naysaying, and very little constructive criticism.

Don't get me wrong, I think screaming about how ridiculous this system is from the rooftops is great, but if you are directing your anger at the wrong people/company it isn't going to do any good. Just trying to help you direct your efforts at the right people.

Again, we are, the petition is not the only method. But I am tired of saying this. The posts in the petition thread explain more. :)

Then direct. Tell me who to call who I haven't already called. It would be helpful!

is this the time to be saying what needs to be said by somebody?.....

i have been a fan since 2004 (check my join date), i think i'm entitled to tickets before you bastards are. :happy:

It should be like anything else in society. Elders get first dibs. Elders in our situation is elders of the website/board.

Archived