Thanks! That did help! :) I still can't decide if I want to be in the seats or on the floor though. :unsure:

ok, ok ... I'm warning you now, going to make a stupid joke here since the presale is already tomorrow :eek:

do, or do not. there is no try.

:musesign:

ok, ok ... I'm warning you now, going to make a stupid joke here since the presale is already tomorrow :eek:

do, or do not. there is no try.

:musesign:

haha. I've thought about it a bit more and I think I've decided I'm going to have to pass on being on the floor this time. It's a 5 hour drive to Chicago from where I live and I'm worried I won't be able to get in line early enough to be near the front. They haven't announced the exact time Muse is playing, right?

I'm not naive enough to think that I won't get crushed. I was 2nd row at Lolla and first row on barrier at MSG in 2007. I guess I should have clarified: the worst pit I have been it was Fall Out Boy at the Charter One Pavilion. The perfect storm of drunk frat boys and 14 year old girls. I guess because I saw Muse before they were "big" over here, I didn't have to deal with that crap, but now I'm a little worried. And with a full pit, that's a lot of people crammed in one place.

And questions about the barrier: it is front row. It is 2,000+ people behind you and a metal bar in front of you. You will get crushed and it will hurt. You will have a bruise. But, you are RIGHT. THERE. They can actually see you from the stage. At MSG we were actually able to make Matt laugh by requesting Jimmy Cane. Barrier can be a great experience, but you will pay for it the next day. And to get the barrier, be prepared to wait 6+ hours in line.

Any tips for when were actually buying our tickets?

just..

refresh?

refresh?

Yeah, I had to refresh for like an hour until the link for Denver tickets said "Buy Tickets" again, so don't give up. :)

I have a meeting at 1:00 too! Hmm, I might need a better excuse for missing it than just saying I was clicking refresh for hours on end :shifty:. Whatever, this is worth it! I need tickets to a show I know for sure I can go to.

good luck tomorrow everybody. I'm shooting for good reserved ...

I echo these ^ sentiments! Good luck to the GA crowd. I too wanted to be a part of that raw energy flow, but alas, reserved seating is calling my name.

I love Chicago and try to visit at least once a year and we are making a weekend of it.

This will be my first MUSE concert. (Although I watch HAARP religiously. ;) ) So, I am stupidly excited.

Yay! Down to the line now, though. Either I spring for Chicago tix or wait (most likely unsuccessfully) for a Minnesota show to be announced... oy vey :rolleyes:

I hear ya! I just flew to Vegas from MN for that show and now I'm hoping to go to this one too! There is really no hope of them coming to MN...

Last time I had to wait in line for Muse in Chicago, I had to replace the tire on my car, and after the show had to pay $150 to get my car from the impound after it had been towed. I think I'll just sip on riot punch and get my seated tickets.

haha..... let's remind everyone, i stood in line and held your spot friend. :)

last chicago show i came up and went solo, this time around we're buying 6 tix thru presale.

and for those who care, I was front row along the rail (which means you're against the barrier that separates you from the stage) and i could barely see anything because the stage at the Aragon was so high it cut off a lot of view point. i imagine this being at the UC that the gap between stage and rail will be bigger. Also, I was at Wembley on the floor but was with the large group of people that most of you will end up being instead of against the rail and if you're my height, 5'7" you will have a tough time seeing. Worst rail experiences have come at the expense of 2 muse shows. One in Detroit at the State theater (nearly passed out from heat during KOC in the encore) and the other in Louisville, KY at Jillians from so many "personal space invaders" and moshers and nonsense that i strained my arm muscle from trying to hold on to the barrier and not get trampled on. it's tough, so if you intend to see them, especially those with parents. get a seat. if you're going to spend 50+ bux to see them, make sure you can actually see them.

I've had my fill of front row, now i'm going to just enjoy it.

oh and fyi, for those who want muse to love chicago and keep coming back, they do. they mentioned in an interview how they like it here and they've played loads of shows here. it was just before you knew of them. and you will be surprised at just how many people love muse in the US.

so if you intend to see them, especially those with parents. get a seat. if you're going to spend 50+ bux to see them, make sure you can actually see them.

:D this parent is going without her kid! I'm more worried about bladder management than getting crushed:rolleyes: I am not a huge person, but quite sturdy , after all I did give birth to an International Pedal Tractor Pull champion:LOL: now he's a football player and I'm afraid he's planning a party while I'm going to be gone :erm:

Archived