.... Does anyone know how hard its been to get seats at other cities? I was considering getting tickets for Detroit before they announced Chicago and I saw that they were available for a while but other cities went super quick. :eek:

I haven't had really any problems getting tickets during the presale except I think Atlanta had a few hiccups ... I'm just getting seats or GA whatever I can and not really paying attention to where the seats are though ;) it seems that when you give up your "place in line" to try again for "better" tickets the presale is sold out by the time your screen refreshes :indiff: hopefully some of this helps ya out with how you decide to handle it ...

I hoping this presale goes smoother than last week. Although, I was able to get 3 GA tickets to Nashville 13 minutes after they went on sale, so that's a bit of hope.

I am concerned about the pit though. On the United Center site, it shows the pit as being the entire floor, which could potentially really suck. I just hoping that Musers will respect each other's space needed to breathe and not all try to crush each other.

I hoping this presale goes smoother than last week. Although, I was able to get 3 GA tickets to Nashville 13 minutes after they went on sale, so that's a bit of hope.

I am concerned about the pit though. On the United Center site, it shows the pit as being the entire floor, which could potentially really suck. I just hoping that Musers will respect each other's space needed to breathe and not all try to crush each other.

i knoooww.

I hate gigs where it gets so out of hand, that you cant even enjoy yourself. :(

there's only a certain number of tickets they can conceivably allow on the GA / Floor. you know, Chicago and fire marshalls and all that :D the crush is at the barrier/ rail, because everyone wants one of the blokes to drop some sweat on them and maybe even get lasered in the eye by Matt :awesome:

good luck tomorrow everybody. I'm shooting for good reserved ...

Tickets go for presale at 1PM local venue time at $50.00 (what the venue is saying how much they will be).

There will be a meet-up at a bar before the gig for 21+ers but I'm planning to queue all day to get to the front as soon as possible.

eh, 21-ers.

:p

Whatevs

more barrier chances for me i guess.

I want barrier..or a few people behind.

I just dont feel like being pushed over and no one helping me up. Thus, me dying as people crushing my skelton.:LOL:

This is my first ever Muse gig so I have a couple questions. I am planning on possibly going to this gig but would to go to one closer to where I live. I was waiting on them to announce a gig in Indiana or Ohio but they haven't and the pre-sale is tomorrow.

How important is it to buy pre-sale tickets rather than general sale tickets? Like what is the main difference between general sale and pre-sale?

Also what are the advantages and disadvantages of being on the floor or being on the first level?

Onoes, now I'm really scared of the pit. :supersad:

Please, if you see a little girl with red hair, don't crush her. :LOL:

there is a really good (and long) description of a show-goer's Vegas experience posted here

some of the excerpts are:

I must comment that some of the complaints about the pit are unwarranted.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS PERSONAL SPACE IN THE PIT. If you are in the pit, expect to be crushed, stepped on, pushed and fallen on. Don’t blame the person or persons directly around you UNLESS they are deliberately trying to slide their arms, legs, and body past you. 9 times out of 10, they are just being pushed by the surge of people around them.

IF YOU ARE ACTUALLY ON THE RAIL, EXPECT TO TAKE THE BRUNT OF THE FORCE. You have nowhere to go but into the rail, everyone else behind you is basically just one layer of a human sandwich.

YES, THERE ARE GOING TO BE DOUCHEBAGS AND DRUNKEN DOUCHEBAGS IN THE AUDIENCE. These are very easy to identify. They do not think twice about trying to elbow, punch, and grope their way to the front. They are also very belligerent if confronted. If you are near the front, you can wave down security. If not, you are pretty much out of luck, unless some fellow concertgoers nearby intervene.

[.... follow link for full original post ...]

So don’t complain if someone gets in your personal space. You forfeit that right when you walk onto the floor. And expect to be pushed and shoved and crushed. It is unavoidable.

DO NOT ALLOW PEOPLE TO GROPE OR HIT YOU! Contact security, or if not possible, ask for help from those around you. The girl to my right expressed concern, as she had never been in a pit before and the guy behind her volunteered to be her human shield, even though they did not know each other.

If we all keep cool heads and work together, we can all have a good time! Albeit, with a few unavoidable bruises. :D

This is my first ever Muse gig so I have a couple questions. I am planning on possibly going to this gig but would to go to one closer to where I live. I was waiting on them to announce a gig in Indiana or Ohio but they haven't and the pre-sale is tomorrow.

I think looking at the dates, they are running out of openings to add many more shows. Some are speculating about them headlining Coachella or playing at SXSW because of where the dates fall, but no official announcements. Personally I am not counting on a IN or OH show being added at this point.

How important is it to buy pre-sale tickets rather than general sale tickets? Like what is the main difference between general sale and pre-sale?

How soon do you need to know you have tickets on the floor? ;) Those go the fastest for not just Muse but other bands, yeah?

To some here getting those tickets would be like picking up a brand-new PS3 that has a sale price of $100 or when their favorite designer has a sample sale: they HAVE TO get it. so not being a smart-axx ... it's up to you.

Also what are the advantages and disadvantages of being on the floor or being on the first level?

GA = Floor = No assigned seating = getting the rail = Seeing Matt / Chris / Dom / Peter's sweat roll down their faces with your own eyes versus up on a vid screen :LOL: but just because you get GA doesn't mean to auto-get the rail, k? there's still a lot of work to do to get it (VIP, win a contest, lines, etc etc) again check solorbell's post linked above for first-hand experience

Why hasn't the link been posted yet? I seriously hate when they do this ****. Detroit pre sale was on right away. My guess is they do not want the site to crash but still...w t f :mad:

the Seattle show wasn't posted until after the Vancouver and Portland shows had been listed for days ... so again not to be a smart-axx but it's worked out pretty well so far this week for other forum members (not just myself). but I do sympathize it's pretty easy to be impatient for the boys to come to town already :LOL:

good luck, everybody :)

Solarbell's post (see link in above post) contains a lot of good info. I'll add a few more points. I'm an old broad but love the pit and love being on the barrier! But I'm ready to take the punishment that comes with it.

It really helps if you work out and have enough muscle power and stamina to brace yourself on the barrier for the duration, which ends up being several hours. If you're not physically strong, you probably won't have a good time. Must also mention the pre-gig hydrating, then several hours of fluid restriction so you don't have to go whiz and leave your precious barrier spot! Bring snacks in your pockets to stave off hypoglycemia. And it's the few idiots (like the drunk girls in heels behind us in Vegas, moaning that their feet hurt: duh! wear sensible shoes! You will be standing in one square foot of space on hard cement for several hours) that make it miserable for everyone. Couldn't believe last night in Seattle, one real genius gal crowdsurfing in spike-heeled boots! Chucks with a good supportive insole insert are a popular choice. Wear sturdy jeans and a tee or tank; it gets hot! You will likely be drenched with sweat, much of it not your own! If you have long hair, bring an elastic to tie it up if you get too hot. Don't bring bags or coats, leave them in the car or at coat check. Put everything (basics only; money, camera, phone) in your pockets, or use a little camera case with a long strap that you can wear bandolero-style; you can put key/credit card/chapstick/granola bar in there.

It all comes down to preparation.

If you are claustrophobic and will panic if you are crushed from all sides and/or lifted right off your feet, get seats. If you are tiny and won't be able to see over people (yes, the 6'4" guys want to be down front too), get seats. If you want to wear a mini and heels, get seats. Part of the whole pit experience is how crazy and physical it gets, but make sure you are prepared.

I cannot wait for this show! I "discovered" Muse in 2003 and slowly came to realize they are my favorite band.

I would definitely be down for an afterparty, but gotta warn ya...I am probably older than the average poster on here (I am the same age as Matt Bellamy).

I have no idea how old Matt is, but I'd bet that I'm older.

Good music has not age limit...floor or ceiling.

Muse has a huge age range of fans. We have a very active Older Muse Fans thread in Banter; I'm one of the oldest (but was on the barrier in Vegas on Saturday!), some are in their teens and 20's but just part of the group. No one should feel left out due to age, young or old!

erm..

i wanna be as close as possbillee.

as in

"seeing Matt Dom and Chris having sweat roll down their faces"

seeing it

not on the screen

with mah eyes

and that no assigned seating?

how much does anyone think thatll cost?

if i dont have that, than ill have floor.

sorry I think that was asked already, wannit? :D

prolly about $60+/- ... $50 ticket + fees + s/h of tickets

that's about how much the other shows have been costing

GA = Floor = No assigned seating = getting the rail = Seeing Matt / Chris / Dom / Peter's sweat roll down their faces with your own eyes versus up on a vid screen but just because you get GA doesn't mean to auto-get the rail, k? there's still a lot of work to do to get it (VIP, win a contest, lines, etc etc) again check solorbell's post linked above for first-hand experience

I still don't quite understand exactly what is meant by "the rail".

I still don't quite understand exactly what is meant by "the rail".

link to post here is a "press photog" from the "rail" at the Vegas show. his/her back is directly against the stage that the guys are performing on.

this is a video from GA back from the rail but as you can see this vid still have several 'rows' of GA people in front of him ... he's obviously using his zoom. oh, and please note Matt's shiny jacket :p:D

so .... on the rail you would probably be able to see whether or not the jacket's shiny-ness was sequins in circles or squares or actual crystals ;)

this is a video not-close to the rail but in reserved seats the reserved seats were either VIP reserved immediately to the sides of the stage or up and behind. this looks to be up and behind.

maybe this is better for seeing "the rail" not a great video ... but no one's in front of this person ;)

hope this helps :D

link to post here is a "press photog" from the "rail" at the Vegas show. his/her back is directly against the stage that the guys are performing on.

this is a video from GA back from the rail but as you can see this vid still have several 'rows' of GA people in front of him ... he's obviously using his zoom. oh, and please note Matt's shiny jacket :p:D

so .... on the rail you would probably be able to see whether or not the jacket's shiny-ness was sequins in circles or squares or actual crystals ;)

this is a video not-close to the rail but in reserved seats the reserved seats were either VIP reserved immediately to the sides of the stage or up and behind. this looks to be up and behind.

maybe this is better for seeing "the rail" not a great video ... but no one's in front of this person ;)

hope this helps :D

Thanks! That did help! :) I still can't decide if I want to be in the seats or on the floor though. :unsure:

Archived