Well, we were originally waiting by their buses, but a security guard came and told us that the they already left to go to their hotel and change. We all knew that that wasn't true though, because of their twitter :LOL:

After I decided to leave I did see a group of people waiting. You must've been in that group. Did they (the band) say anything to you guys at all?

It was insane, i thought at least a "Hello!" Or anything! but no! They fucking rolled down the blinds and didnt even do anything.

nice guys huh

first :kiss:es to jaelu and hysteria87 for getting this Muse virgin through her first time in good health!

It was so magical I still almost doesn't feel real! :awesome: Guiding Light was wonderful live, Matt sang it with even more passion than the album version.Not going to look back in this thread, but if I see hate for that song in the future I will tell you to GTFO!

I got to the barrier and survived just fine, never felt the least bit wobbly, and was able to jump around and dance and sing through the whole set. Stripped down to a cami by Starlight :eyebrows: but if anyone enjoyed it, it would only have been the security guards! I think we were a good crowd but I have no basis of comparison.

took a few pics but would not be surprised if they all suck between a crappy camera and all the bouncing around we were doing.

Yahoo! Soooooo happy for you N! :D

yes he did the shuffle thing and I don't know what the hell is wrong with the lights but the projectionists at the top can't seem to get spots on Matt during it -- the spots all seem to be "out"/off during that bit, and this is the SECOND time I've seen it un-lighted up in person! :mad:

So jealous! Amazing!!

it did seem as if the UC GA was very full, eh? the general GA group reached easily all the way back to the sound board, and I was surprised at that, usually there's more breathing room. how is it in other countries / venues?

It was not full at the Philly show - I know I was peeved that I was stuck up in a seat suffering when there was so muich room still on the floor!

Muse was ok, The setlist kills ALOT of energy. New Born was awesome with all the lazers then there were songs like guiding light where you just kind of stand there and wait for it to get over to see what the next song is, and for some reason when he played feeling good people were cheering, idk why that song blows.

Not a bad show but not anything I would brag about to people. Ive seen Tool a couple times so the bar was probably set too high for this show.

There is something really, really wrong with you.

What is with all of the people hating Guiding Light and Feeling Good? Guiding Light boasts one of the most powerful guitar solos I have ever heard, and Feeling Good is just an awesome rocking remake of the original. I just will never understand I guess.

I'm with you 110% I don't understand the haters at all. II think that Matt' voice is extraordinary on GL and I've always loved Feeling Good - especially singing along when I hear it live. Muse could sing the fucking phone book and I'd be jumping up and down, though... :LOL:

Glad to hear from all the first timers who had a blast! :D

It was insane, i thought at least a "Hello!" Or anything! but no! They fucking rolled down the blinds and didnt even do anything.

nice guys huh

:(

That really sucks. I saw all of the people from Silversun Pickups, too. They saw us and didn't even acknowledge us.

A couple people were sending Muse twitter messages asking them to come out saying there were only a few people left waiting and we were all borderline hypothermic :LOL:

So.... is there video of this playing guitar on the floor action? :eyebrows:

That was in Liverpool and Amneville where they left out MOTP, played Stockholm at the end of the main set after TIRO and played Plug in Baby between Exo and Knights of Cydonia. Thought it may've already been posted...

Lovely to see you all enjoyed yourselves last night Chicago Musers. Here's hoping the Detroit Musers enjoy themseleves too. :)

ah, yeah, that's what I was thinking, it was SS. I kinda like the mixed up setlist even if it isn't new songs :) It makes for a bit of a surprise :yesey:

:(

That really sucks. I saw all of the people from Silversun Pickups, too. They saw us and didn't even acknowledge us.

A couple people were sending Muse twitter messages asking them to come out saying there were only a few people left waiting and we were all borderline hypothermic :LOL:

:LOL: But seriously!

yes he did the shuffle thing and I don't know what the hell is wrong with the lights but the projectionists at the top can't seem to get spots on Matt during it -- the spots all seem to be "out"/off during that bit, and this is the SECOND time I've seen it un-lighted up in person! :mad:

It seems like this whole tour it's been dark in Matt's area when he does the shuffle. It must be on purpose. Maybe Matt thinks his shuffle isn't what it used to be, so he's insecure. :chuckle: Nah, but really, maybe they just want to showcase Chris. I missed it in Atlanta because I was watching Chris instead.

your sig is wonderful

how you doin

:D It just seemed appropriate, the way he pointed and then sat there for a min ;)

It seems like this whole tour it's been dark in Matt's area when he does the shuffle. It must be on purpose. Maybe Matt thinks his shuffle isn't what it used to be, so he's insecure. :chuckle: Nah, but really, maybe they just want to showcase Chris. I missed it in Atlanta because I was watching Chris instead.

How's this for epic :facepalm: - I'm pretty sure I have a pic of Matt mid shuffle from the MD show and I still didn't realize he'd done it until I saw someone mention it here! :LOL:

:D It just seemed appropriate, the way he pointed and then sat there for a min ;)

How's this for epic :facepalm: - I'm pretty sure I have a pic of Matt mid shuffle from the MD show and I still didn't realize he'd done it until I saw someone mention it here! :LOL:

:chuckle: At least I can say I've seen it on video. :rolleyes:

Muse was ok, The setlist kills ALOT of energy. New Born was awesome with all the lazers then there were songs like guiding light where you just kind of stand there and wait for it to get over to see what the next song is, and for some reason when he played feeling good people were cheering, idk why that song blows.

Not a bad show but not anything I would brag about to people. Ive seen Tool a couple times so the bar was probably set too high for this show.

you know, i kind of agree with you? I think my expectations were set too high or something. Don't get me wrong, it was fun and all, but I didn't connect with the show as much as I have for other bands. I know the people in the pit around me were awesome, very nice, so I don't think it was the crowd. But part of me felt that something was missing?

Still had a great time, just was thinking it was going to be the best thing ever.

:stunned: I'm sorry... I just don't understand how you could say these things...

What is with all of the people hating Guiding Light and Feeling Good? Guiding Light boasts one of the most powerful guitar solos I have ever heard, and Feeling Good is just an awesome rocking remake of the original. I just will never understand I guess.

Exactly! I love Guiding Light and Feeling Good. Both amazing songs. Too much hate :noey:

nice guys huh

They are nice guys, but as awesome as the show was, I could actually tell Matt & Chris were tired at the beginning of it, only because I've seen so many other pics and videos,I'm sure it was not obvious to more casual observers because they still kicked ass!

Concert was amazing! enough said :D:D:D

Yep, now just hoping someone got better pics and posts them here, mine are dreadful, too much dancing going on around me, and wasn't exactly standing still myself!:D

Guiding Light sounded good to me :)

The guitar solo is awesome and a lot of people were clapping in time

Oh and here's a Sun Times Review of the show : http://www.chicagoconcertgoers.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=36&Itemid=44

Short, but kind of positive... The dude says they sound good but there songs don't mean anything =/

:stunned: I'm sorry... I just don't understand how you could say these things...

Exactly! I love Guiding Light and Feeling Good. Both amazing songs. Too much hate :noey:

Im a huge Muse fan, But I go to ALOT of concerts. I know what other bands are doing and this one just didnt rank very high.

Plus since im a guy Matt doing a shuffle didnt make me like the show any better, i based performance just on the songs they played.

Im a huge Muse fan, But I go to ALOT of concerts. I know what other bands are doing and this one just didnt rank very high.

Plus since im a guy Matt doing a shuffle didnt make me like the show any better, i based performance just on the songs they played.

Well, people have different tastes? You like certain songs and some other something different. They have to offer something to everyone:).

I'm just gonna flat out say it!!!! That was the best fucking concert ever!!

Every Muse concert is the best concert ever :LOL:

Haha I only saw the Shuffle Dance because I was waiting for him to do it and when it got dark I'm sure I saw the reflection of his shoes or suit moving :LOL:

Oooohh I just thought of something else, the way Matt played the Hysteria intro was really cool, instead of doing the slide he did a scratching effect

You can see it here starting at about 1:01

Archived