I don't want to make it sound like I'm not looking forward to this show (I believe I said I've never been more excited for anything in my life), but I'm really not a huge fan of The Resistance and I'd totally prefer that they focus more on their older stuff. So the news that they've been playing CE and Bliss (two songs I NEVER expected to see live -- thought I'd missed my chance) makes me giddy with delight.

I like speculating over this sort of thing but I won't be looking up the setlists they play in America. I want to leave SOME element of surprise :)

Not that this has anything to do with the concert in Philly!!!! Time is flying by so its actually not that bad... anyway I don't know how many of you have read the Twilight Saga, but over the weekend I finished Eclipse and Breaking Dawn, I actually read Breaking Dawn in one day during my day off from work. My question is what Muse song do you think will be featured in Eclipse when it comes out in theaters this June...?

Hopefully none.

Bad enough was that they allowed one song to be featured on those shitty movies (Vampire Baseball... WTF!), and even worse having another song on the second movie. Having another song featured on the third movie would be beyond pathetic.

In that sense, Paramore deserves more respect for not willing to have another song featured on 'New Moon'. They were the ones who didn't want to be tagged as the "Twilight Band".

...but anyways, for all the Twilight bashing there's plenty of threads on this board.

Bad enough was that they allowed one song to be featured on those shitty movies (Vampire Baseball... WTF!), and even worse having another song on the second movie. Having another song featured on the third movie would be beyond pathetic.

Well, Stephanie Meyer (I believe that's her name) is a huge Muse fan, so I'm sure that's part of it. On topic, though, Undisclosed Desires is the one Muse song I genuinely despise, and it seems fitting enough for Twilight that I'll be surprised if it doesn't turn up in one of the movies.

On topic, though, Undisclosed Desires is the one Muse song I genuinely despise, and it seems fitting enough for Twilight that I'll be surprised if it doesn't turn up in one of the movies.

Aw, Undisclosed Desires actually grew on me a lot. Not their best by far but not bad. The only song I despise Guiding Light...(no tomatoes plz :( )

The whole Twilight thing really bugs me. Twilight and Muse fans are always going back and forth in the YouTube comments on Muse videos. It's polluting my blissful Muse experience.

And as for the setlist, I'll be happy with anything as long as I finally get to see Stockholm Syndrome live. Ahhh.

:dance:

anyone near 113?

111 for me.

Aw, Undisclosed Desires actually grew on me a lot. Not their best by far but not bad. The only song I despise Guiding Light...(no tomatoes plz :( )

The whole Twilight thing really bugs me. Twilight and Muse fans are always going back and forth in the YouTube comments on Muse videos. It's polluting my blissful Muse experience.

And as for the setlist, I'll be happy with anything as long as I finally get to see Stockholm Syndrome live. Ahhh.

I WASone of the twilight fans. However, your right, and I couldn't have said it better myself "it's polluting my blissful Muse experience"

you say Stockholme Syndrome, I say Hysteria. lol

yayyyy @ people close to me!

and yes i agree with your hatred for undisclosed desires.

that and supermassive black hole are my least favorites.

however, i support anything that muse creates...but those are my least favorites.

What about when they do it live? I think it's 10000000 better live than the album version! :stunned:

Undisclosed Desires is a brilliant song because it takes an element from bands like the Cure and Duran Duran, hell even Depche Mode from the 80's and early 90's, then Muse gives it that flare that makes it genre bending.

As for the whole Twilight sucks and Muse shouldn't be on the soundtracks? WOW!!! I guess you should in all reality erase your profile and never post on here again. If your in truth a true fan of Muse then you will like them no matter what direction they go in and no matter who's soundtrack they are apart of. The Twilight Saga is one of the best of its genre ever written. I would agree that the movie Twilight could have been done better, perhaps they should have hired Peter Jackson or someone of the caliber.(Example LOTR, he took the books to film like none have ever before.) However I thought New Moon was a step(a step) in the better direction of progress. Since Steph has basically given Muse a hell of a lot of fans for them being acknowledged in every single book of the saga, I think it was only natural that they are apart of the movies. To say that they shouldn't have been is ignorant and quite frankly dim.

I just read and saw the interview of Muse in December and apparently the director of Eclipse and Muse have worked together for four of Muse's videos. So they were thinking if time allotted they could write a song just for the movie Eclipse. I think that is one hell of a cool idea.

As for the whole Twilight sucks and Muse shouldn't be on the soundtracks? WOW!!! I guess you should in all reality erase your profile and never post on here again. .

If that ever happened, 90% of this message board would be gone. :LOL:

The Twilight Saga is one of the best of its genre ever written. I would agree that the movie Twilight could have been done better, perhaps they should have hired Peter Jackson or someone of the caliber.

Trust me, Peter Jackson has probably turned down scripts that are miles better than Twilight.

I don't even know why I'm posting this in this thread. :$

[spoiler=TWILIGHT/SCHMILIGHT] I have no issues with Muse's decision whether to feature on the soundtracks of the Twilight movies or not. It their music and they can choose what they want to do with it.

That said, I do think that majority of the Twilight fans don't really care about Muse other than for SMBH because its OMG! baseball song :facepalm:

IBTY hardly featured in the movie and I'm pretty sure it went pretty much unnoticed. There are some who were introduced to Muse because of the series and became hardcore fans....which is awesome.

But to say that Twilight is the best of its genre :noey::eek:

I read the books to see what the fuss was all about and by the time I got to the fourth one, I disliked all the major characters, found that there was no plot and the less said about the actual writing the better. :rolleyes:

Let's all stop before this turns into a thread about Twilight.

and yes i agree with your hatred for undisclosed desires.

that and supermassive black hole are my least favorites.

however, i support anything that muse creates...but those are my least favorites.

I've never been a fan of SMBH either, though having seen HAARP I can imagine it being a pretty awesome live song. UD, on the other hand, I can picture Muse playing in front of a sterile audience.

Let's all stop before this turns into a thread about Twilight.

I've never been a fan of SMBH either, though having seen HAARP I can imagine it being a pretty awesome live song. UD, on the other hand, I can picture Muse playing in front of a sterile audience.

It is great live :D

At the U2 gig people around me who had no idea about Muse were completely blown away when the SMBH solo kicked in. It was a real OMG!! What the hell is that?!! moment for them :LOL:

For the sake of appeasing everyone I will never argue a point ever again, but I thought that was why I was born in America cause I can. Anyways Twilight is and will be one of the best for its genre, it is already reached that status you can't change it, your not a critically acclaimed book critic like the New York Times, among others.

46 more days!!!!:p:D:LOL::p

Undisclosed Desires is a brilliant song because it takes an element from bands like the Cure and Duran Duran, hell even Depche Mode from the 80's and early 90's, then Muse gives it that flare that makes it genre bending.

As for the whole Twilight sucks and Muse shouldn't be on the soundtracks? WOW!!! I guess you should in all reality erase your profile and never post on here again. If your in truth a true fan of Muse then you will like them no matter what direction they go in and no matter who's soundtrack they are apart of. The Twilight Saga is one of the best of its genre ever written. I would agree that the movie Twilight could have been done better, perhaps they should have hired Peter Jackson or someone of the caliber.(Example LOTR, he took the books to film like none have ever before.) However I thought New Moon was a step(a step) in the better direction of progress. Since Steph has basically given Muse a hell of a lot of fans for them being acknowledged in every single book of the saga, I think it was only natural that they are apart of the movies. To say that they shouldn't have been is ignorant and quite frankly dim.

I just read and saw the interview of Muse in December and apparently the director of Eclipse and Muse have worked together for four of Muse's videos. So they were thinking if time allotted they could write a song just for the movie Eclipse. I think that is one hell of a cool idea.

"One of the best of its genre" for middle school and high school students :LOL:

If you think Twilight is the best of its genre then you should check out Anne Rice, Laurell K. Hamilton (there are many more but I just pulled those two off the top of my head). They don't pander to the pre-teen "team Edward" BS.

That being said...I think it's great that Muse was on the Twilight soundtrack because millions of people have heard them! The more popular they get the more likely they are to return with a new CD and another tour. :D

Archived