I have noticed a disappointing trend on setlist.mu that for the last 5 or 6 shows that Muse did in Australia they shortened their setlist by three songs, including dropping Resistance, Butterflies & Hurricanes, and Map of the Problematique which is probably the song I am most hoping to hear in Fairfax. I hope we get the full setlist when they hit the States!

Has anyone gotten concertmaps tickets yet :shifty: got the email on monday :shifty: i'm waitiiiiiiing (not so) paaaaaaaaaaatiently........

I have noticed a disappointing trend on setlist.mu that for the last 5 or 6 shows that Muse did in Australia they shortened their setlist by three songs, including dropping Resistance, Butterflies & Hurricanes, and Map of the Problematique which is probably the song I am most hoping to hear in Fairfax. I hope we get the full setlist when they hit the States!

Don't worry, we will get full setlists :) The australian shows are festivals, so they've got less time. The setlists they'll do here will be more like the ones they did in the UK and Europe. Also, I can't imagine them skipping Resistance since it's the new single :yesey:

Has anyone gotten concertmaps tickets yet :shifty: got the email on monday :shifty: i'm waitiiiiiiing (not so) paaaaaaaaaaatiently........

Don't worry, we will get full setlists :) The australian shows are festivals, so they've got less time. The setlists they'll do here will be more like the ones they did in the UK and Europe. Also, I can't imagine them skipping Resistance since it's the new single :yesey:

I figured as much about Resistance - still, strange that they would drop that yet continue to play MK Ultra and Unnatural Selection when Resistance is the new single.

If I don't get to hear Map of the Problematique I will be pissed - I saw them open for U2 and they did not play it, yet added it on the very next show and continued with it for the rest of that leg of the tour. IMO it is the best song on HAARP and it should be a staple on their setlist!

So... I wanted to ask about parking... any of you folks who are in the vacinity of the patriot center or have been there for gigs :shifty: If I'm planning on getting there in the morning to line up, will I be able to park? Any idea what time the parking lot for the venue will open?

I figured as much about Resistance - still, strange that they would drop that yet continue to play MK Ultra and Unnatural Selection when Resistance is the new single.

If I don't get to hear Map of the Problematique I will be pissed - I saw them open for U2 and they did not play it, yet added it on the very next show and continued with it for the rest of that leg of the tour. IMO it is the best song on HAARP and it should be a staple on their setlist!

Map is iffy... they generally played it on the european tour, but they did skip it a few nights :shifty:

I'm hoping they stick with the sponteneity/shakeups in the setlist that they were doing for the asian shows. I'm going to more than one gig, though, so if I miss a song one night odds are they'll play it the next.....

My friend who bought his tickets from ticketmaster got his this week if anyone wanted to know... Has anyone gotten their tickets who bought them through the pre-sale? Because I still haven't gotten mine.

I just got an e-mail day before yesterday saying that my ConcertMaps tickets were mailed. Haven't gotten them yet, but at least I know they're on the way.

So... I wanted to ask about parking... any of you folks who are in the vacinity of the patriot center or have been there for gigs :shifty: If I'm planning on getting there in the morning to line up, will I be able to park? Any idea what time the parking lot for the venue will open?

Map is iffy... they generally played it on the european tour, but they did skip it a few nights :shifty:

I'm hoping they stick with the sponteneity/shakeups in the setlist that they were doing for the asian shows. I'm going to more than one gig, though, so if I miss a song one night odds are they'll play it the next.....

I was wondering about parking for the Patriot Center too.

I kind of had a bad experience with parking when I saw Muse open for U2 at FedEx Field. I thought that the parking lot was supposed to open at 12pm so I waited around in the area until then but when I got there, I was turned away and told to park in another lot 1/2 mile away. I could have shown up earlier (and been closer) if I had known about all this.

can you please put it as a spoiler next time, will have to avoid this thread if people start listing the recent setlists

I GOT MY SEXY TICKETS! WHOOOHOO!

As for parking, the Patriot Center has their own lot for such venues. They will "flag" you in and tell you where to go. The Patriot Center is the basketball arena for George Mason University, just so you know. I do not know where the nearest Metro sub station is for those that choose to come by VRE from Baltimore or south of D.C. The last show I went to, we showed up two hours before the opening gig and it was open. I'm sure it is open all day being a University. There is student housing nearby, so those who bought their tickets, will be camping out there with their GA's before anyone else since they only need to walk from home.

As for the set list, in Vegas, they pulled a big surprise on us and ditched Undisclosed Desires for "Time is Running Out"!!! We heard MK Ultra too! I am hoping for this tour, they will relax a little and have lots fun, like they did for HAARP. I would love to hear "Exogenesis 1-3", "Fillip" and "Escape".

This was the set list from the show I went to in Vegas for Christmas:

1. Uprising

2. Unnatural Selection

3. Supermassive Black Hole

4. Resistance

5. Interlude + Hysteria

6. United States of Eurasia

7. MK ULTRA

8. Starlight

9. Time Is Running Out

10. Plug In Baby

11. Man with a Harmonica intro + Knights of Cydonia

Not bad, but almost too much like the "The Best of MUSE" vs. "What Muse Fans REALLY Like!".

Add me to the list of people who got concertmaps tickets today :awesome:

As for parking, the Patriot Center has their own lot for such venues. They will "flag" you in and tell you where to go. The Patriot Center is the basketball arena for George Mason University, just so you know. I do not know where the nearest Metro sub station is for those that choose to come by VRE from Baltimore or south of D.C. The last show I went to, we showed up two hours before the opening gig and it was open. I'm sure it is open all day being a University. There is student housing nearby, so those who bought their tickets, will be camping out there with their GA's before anyone else since they only need to walk from home.

Here's my concern - at my university we have an arena that hosts games and occasionally concerts and there is a parking for it but it's open to students so during the day it would have students parked in it (it never gets full) and when they have events they usually close the lots to students at some point in the day and open them for event parking at like 5PM.

Since I've got a GA ticket, I'm expecting to get there early, if this was at my school I'd have no problem getting in the parking lot, but being there without a decal I could get a ticket. So.... :unsure:

not coming to the fairfax gig.. sold out :supersad:

but I did get tickets for Baltimore! :dance: So I'm not going empty!

yay! I'm glad you were able to get tickets to one of the gigs :D

+1 more. I got my pre-sale tix today! Whoop! Whoop!

I'm a little concerned about parking and what time we should be there too. I want to get there early, but I also don't want a ticket.

Also, Does anyone know if the queue will be outside? If so, I hope it'll be a little warmer on that day...

Here's my concern - at my university we have an arena that hosts games and occasionally concerts and there is a parking for it but it's open to students so during the day it would have students parked in it (it never gets full) and when they have events they usually close the lots to students at some point in the day and open them for event parking at like 5PM.

When Patriot Center hosts venues such as this, they shut it down to the general public and only admit those with tickets to the show. I saw The Cure at the Patriot Center. We drove and it was no problem. They had parking. We got there about 5:30. The tickets say "doors open at 6:30", show at 8:00", so I'm sure the lot will be open at least an hour before then. If you want to "camp", then park at a Metro station. You'll need to take a bus to the nearest drop off point. You can always park at someone's house you may know and take a taxi.

What my concern is HOW THE HELL IS SSP NOMINATED FOR A GRAMMY AND NOT MUSE!!!??? Sure, SSP sound OK on vinyl being produced, but hearing the singer live is like someone dragging their fingernails across a chalkboard. Irritating. Ugh! The nomination committee clearly have no taste. This is like when they gave the award to Jethro Tull instead of Metallica for their Black Album...for the same category. HARD ROCK! I wouldn't want a grammy nominated band opening for me if I yet have not had that honor. JUST WRONG!!! I wonder what the ratio of those going to just see SSP will be vs. those to see MUSE. In Vegas, a little less than half were really there to see Cage the Elephant, so it made for an interesting mix of people and behaviors. I would much rather have Matt dive on me than the sweaty, drugged out freak from CTE. It was gross.

When Patriot Center hosts venues such as this, they shut it down to the general public and only admit those with tickets to the show. I saw The Cure at the Patriot Center. We drove and it was no problem. They had parking. We got there about 5:30. The tickets say "doors open at 6:30", show at 8:00", so I'm sure the lot will be open at least an hour before then. If you want to "camp", then park at a Metro station. You'll need to take a bus to the nearest drop off point. You can always park at someone's house you may know and take a taxi.

Like I was saying, that's the same thing they do at my school - it's just a question of what time they close off the parking and re-open it (it's usually 5PM for evening events here) I'm thinking I'm going to have to call them before the gig and see exactly what time I'd be able to park there. I don't know anyone in the area and will be driving up from hampton roads on the morning of the gig (I was planning on getting there at like 10AM). I don't mind parking somewhere else and then moving my car when the lots open, but I don't know the area....

What my concern is HOW THE HELL IS SSP NOMINATED FOR A GRAMMY AND NOT MUSE!!!??? Sure, SSP sound OK on vinyl being produced, but hearing the singer live is like someone dragging their fingernails across a chalkboard. Irritating. Ugh! The nomination committee clearly have no taste. This is like when they gave the award to Jethro Tull instead of Metallica for their Black Album...for the same category. HARD ROCK! I wouldn't want a grammy nominated band opening for me if I yet have not had that honor. JUST WRONG!!! I wonder what the ratio of those going to just see SSP will be vs. those to see MUSE. In Vegas, a little less than half were really there to see Cage the Elephant, so it made for an interesting mix of people and behaviors. I would much rather have Matt dive on me than the sweaty, drugged out freak from CTE. It was gross.

The qualification deadline for the grammy nominations was Aug 31, the album wasn't released until Sept 15th, so they weren't eligible.

Of course, that doesn't mean they would have been nominated even if they were, but.... ;)

The qualification deadline for the grammy nominations was Aug 31, the album wasn't released until Sept 15th, so they weren't eligible.

Of course, that doesn't mean they would have been nominated even if they were, but.... ;)

Thanks. I thought the cut off was September 30th. Well, I won't hold my breath for next year because the nominating committee will FORGET about them since their album was released at the beginning of the nomination year. I think they only way they can have a chance is actually PERFORM at the Grammy's and blow all of the artists out of water to prove their talent... LIVE. No lip syncing required. Maybe Matt and Lady Gag-me-o-rama :vomit: can do a dueling piano piece. That would be the talk of the ages... :LOL:

Thanks. I thought the cut off was September 30th. Well, I won't hold my breath for next year because the nominating committee will FORGET about them since their album was released at the beginning of the nomination year. I think they only way they can have a chance is actually PERFORM at the Grammy's and blow all of the artists out of water to prove their talent... LIVE. No lip syncing required. Maybe Matt and Lady Gag-me-o-rama :vomit: can do a dueling piano piece. That would be the talk of the ages... :LOL:

Yeah, thats what I was thinking too - it'll be so long gone by then!

I remembered that they were past the cutoff but wasn't sure when the exact date was, so I looked it up - it says that the nominations for this year are from Oct 1 '08 thru Aug 31 '09 -- so, like, what about Sept '08? :erm: Maybe they moved when they do it or something, an d Sept '08 was done last year, because, like, hmmm.... :chuckle:

Archived