I can't resist replying to this . . . if they play Dead Star, I will die with a smile on my face.

So... I wanted to ask about parking... any of you folks who are in the vacinity of the patriot center or have been there for gigs :shifty: If I'm planning on getting there in the morning to line up, will I be able to park? Any idea what time the parking lot for the venue will open?

Map is iffy... they generally played it on the european tour, but they did skip it a few nights :shifty:

I'm hoping they stick with the sponteneity/shakeups in the setlist that they were doing for the asian shows. I'm going to more than one gig, though, so if I miss a song one night odds are they'll play it the next.....

Not to be a whinger, but I'm not really liking this setlist. I kinda felt jilted from the U2 set and thought when they headlined I'd get some non-radio play songs in there. I know that sounds awful, but I can't help it . . .

This was the set list from the show I went to in Vegas for Christmas:

1. Uprising

2. Unnatural Selection

3. Supermassive Black Hole

4. Resistance

5. Interlude + Hysteria

6. United States of Eurasia

7. MK ULTRA

8. Starlight

9. Time Is Running Out

10. Plug In Baby

11. Man with a Harmonica intro + Knights of Cydonia

Not bad, but almost too much like the "The Best of MUSE" vs. "What Muse Fans REALLY Like!".

I'm hoping that since they're having two shows in the area we might see a degree of variety. I can't believe that they axed Butterflies & Hurricanes from the set list, they always did an amazing job with it.

The Las Vegas set list was from an ensemble show. They only had 1 hour as Cage the Elephant took a long time. I am hoping that for this tour, since they are calling the shots, they can play for two! I doubt it, but there is always hope! Whatever they do, I hope they have lots of fun on stage and mix it up with their songs. Matt plays best when "he lets go" and improvises the songs they play. I remember how nervous he looked when they were SNL. :musesign:

Keep a close eye on the set list from at Atlanta... that will speak volumes.

I am purposly avoiding all setlists. I want the delusion of surprise at my gigs ;)

:D Same here, I'm planning on not looking at the ATL setlist so that my first show can be fresh :D I'm somewhat aware of the recent gigs, but haven't followed anything closely since Europe.

I'm so glad that this is the second show on the tour, I don't think I could hold out much longer than one gig! :$:LOL:

:D Same here, I'm planning on not looking at the ATL setlist so that my first show can be fresh :D I'm somewhat aware of the recent gigs, but haven't followed anything closely since Europe.

I'm so glad that this is the second show on the tour, I don't think I could hold out much longer than one gig! :$:LOL:

Hmm...

That's such a great idea but...but...I don't think I can do it. I do want the surprise of not knowing what songs/the order of songs played but it'll be too tempting to not check out the Atlanta thread for 2 days. :eek:

Hmm...

That's such a great idea but...but...I don't think I can do it. I do want the surprise of not knowing what songs/the order of songs played but it'll be too tempting to not check out the Atlanta thread for 2 days. :eek:

Well, it's really only one day since most of the second day will be spent lining up for the VA show :D

But yeah, it's going to be rough... but like I said, at least it's only one gig to keep away from! If I was going to even the 5th gig I don't think I'd be able to stand it :$

Well, it's really only one day since most of the second day will be spent lining up for the VA show :D

But yeah, it's going to be rough... but like I said, at least it's only one gig to keep away from! If I was going to even the 5th gig I don't think I'd be able to stand it :$

But I'll have my phone while lining up all day, and on my phone is internet, and on the internet is .mu, and on .mu will be the setlist. :chuckle:

But I'll have my phone while lining up all day' date=' and on my phone is internet, and on the internet is .mu, and on .mu will be the [i']setlist.[/i] :chuckle:

:chuckle: ah, I see :shifty: temptations, temptations :shifty:

I'll have my phone, which has the internet, but also has limited battery life, so I won't be able to use it much if I want it to still be alive for the drive home :p

I am purposly avoiding all setlists. I want the delusion of surprise at my gigs ;)

I'm sure it will formulaic as all their shows are and they open with the first song on the album they are promoting, which in this case will be Uprising, followed by either Resistance or Hysteria.

Okay, NEW GAME: They can only play 15 songs for this tour. What would you draw up as "the set list". (This should pass time by as we have to think these things through!)

Hmm...

i have NO WILL POWER... k i admit it.. my bestest bud is going to the Atlanta show so I am sure she is gonna be texting me with audio, pics and texts on the setlist.. :) Kinda hard to avoid ur cell phone.. I don't have the will power to shut it off either, cuz i'm addicted.:(

Inorite! I can't wait for these shows, not only cause I want to go to them, but I'm looking forward to riding the sexy plane again! :LOL:

I'm sure it will formulaic as all their shows are and they open with the first song on the album they are promoting, which in this case will be Uprising, followed by either Resistance or Hysteria.

Yeah, but I'm hoping and praying for a little surprise:D. Bliss, Dead Star, CE...I would be a happy Muser if just one of these were played... A girl can dream, right! :p

ok, FYI to everyone going to this show..

I have been to several shows at this venue and the GA lineup is as follows: there is one entrance (North, South, West or East- not sure which one it is but I seem to remember it being the North but don't hold me to that) where all GA will go in, several lines (I would say about 6-8), meaning there several doors with barriers for each and they will have posted signs on the doors as to this. Here's the problem (I hate this and don't know why they have to do this way but they always do), when they are about to let the lines in (about 30 min before) they split up the lines into 2, meaning boys in one and girls in the other.. This sux bad because the lines are so uneven, tons more girls than boys and that means it takes longer to get in because they have to search the girls, purses. GUYS GO IN FASTER.. cuz they have no purses! GAH! So my suggestion is that if you are with girls to split up into seperate lines and whoever gets in first runs for it to get spots on the rail..Stressful shit..I hate it with a passion and I hate that this venue does this.

So my advice, be prepared, put all ur stuff back before they let you in (ie lawn chairs, blankets, food, backpacks) and carry a small purse or no purse and shove ids, money in your pockets.

ok, FYI to everyone going to this show..

I have been to several shows at this venue and the GA lineup is as follows: there is one entrance (North, South, West or East- not sure which one it is but I seem to remember it being the North but don't hold me to that) where all GA will go in, several lines (I would say about 6-8), meaning there several doors with barriers for each and they will have posted signs on the doors as to this. Here's the problem (I hate this and don't know why they have to do this way but they always do), when they are about to let the lines in (about 30 min before) they split up the lines into 2, meaning boys in one and girls in the other.. This sux bad because the lines are so uneven, tons more girls than boys and that means it takes longer to get in because they have to search the girls, purses. GUYS GO IN FASTER.. cuz they have no purses! GAH! So my suggestion is that if you are with girls to split up into seperate lines and whoever gets in first runs for it to get spots on the rail..Stressful shit..I hate it with a passion and I hate that this venue does this.

So my advice, be prepared, put all ur stuff back before they let you in (ie lawn chairs, blankets, food, backpacks) and carry a small purse or no purse and shove ids, money in your pockets.

Don't bring stuff, period. Think of the people in Haiti. Camping for a GA spot on pavement to see MUSE sounds like a cushy deal. They split into two lines because by law, women feel up the women and the men feel up the men. I would not want a man touching me, personally. It reduces sexual harrassment law suits.

When it comes to concerts... it is only me and Calvins. No purse, no make-up, NOTHING. I walk in like a breeze. Actually, boys lines take just as long if there are "baggy cargo pants" brigade, which really are the "Murse" in disguise. :eek: Any girl going into GA or any concert for that matter should NEVER bring a purse. Who wants to be responsible for that? You'll get mugged. The make-up will just melt off your face once in the crowd and why fix yourself back up to only lose the spot?

The bigger issue is GOING TO THE BATHROOM! Drink plenty of water during the day and then cut yourself off by 4 or 5. NO DRINKING BEER! You'll just want to go pee during the show and lose your spot. The iron bladder is usually the winner. AND NO HEELS! Really... in Vegas, there were girls in stillettos. WTF???? Plus, when everyone is jumping around, a person's heel can be very painful on the toes. The only value I see in it is stab everyone's foot to incapacitate them to get passed and move ahead.

Don't bring stuff, period. Think of the people in Haiti. Camping for a GA spot on pavement to see MUSE sounds like a cushy deal.

When it comes to concerts... it is only me and Calvins. No purse, no make-up, NOTHING. I walk in like a breeze. Actually, boys lines take just as long if there are "baggy cargo pants" brigade, which really are the "Murse" in disguise. :eek: Any girl going into GA or any concert for that matter should NEVER bring a purse. Who wants to be responsible for that? You'll get mugged. The make-up will just melt off your face once in the crowd and why fix yourself back up to only lose the spot?

The bigger issue is GOING TO THE BATHROOM! Drink plenty of water during the day and then cut yourself off by 4 or 5. NO DRINKING BEER! You'll just want to go pee during the show and lose your spot. The iron bladder is usually the winner. AND NO HEELS! Really... in Vegas, there were girls in Sillettos. WTF????

when it comes to being in a GA line all day you want to be comfortable so there is nothing wrong with bringing blankets, chairs, ipods and food just as long as you get rid of it all before they let us in. Staff will always give a heads up on when things are going down so you will have plenty of time to go to ur car and put your stuff back. Its worked for me every time. I have been doing GA for the last 10 yrs and believe me you want to have some of this stuff with ya.

Make sure ur cell phones are fully charged too before you get in line. And what you said about the drinking of liquids is correct.. Make sure you truly remember this cuz it will be vital once you are inside. Also, yes, if you can do without the purse do it if not a small purse is doable and it won't take that much time to look into.. Really depends on the security person you have, some look some don't.

You won't get mugged certainly not at this venue so bringing small purses is ok (usually if they are cross the chest straps it's a piece of cake and not cumbersome). Boys fly in (baggy pants or not) compared to the girls at least here, I am talking from experience at going to shows at the Patriot Center. Just wait, you will see what I mean, it's so frustrating watching them go in like that and u hanging back going thru all the security BS. Plus you have to be patted down too.

The restrooms are in another building across the street I don't remember the name but its about a 5min walk. It will be open all day because it's in one of the student buildings.

I'm going to have a tiny purse with me that I can wear across me, mainly because I'll need somewhere to put my car key, wallet stuff and camera. I don't have anything with pockets that I'd trust, and I don't want to spend the whole gig worrying about losing things. :yesey:

Good to know where the bathrooms are - but I was also wondering where there is food? And, as I've asked before, where there is parking? I'm figuring I'll be able to park somewhere during the day and then move my car whenever the lots open...?

I'm going to have a tiny purse with me that I can wear across me, mainly because I'll need somewhere to put my car key, wallet stuff and camera. I don't have anything with pockets that I'd trust, and I don't want to spend the whole gig worrying about losing things. :yesey:

Good to know where the bathrooms are - but I was also wondering where there is food? And, as I've asked before, where there is parking? I'm figuring I'll be able to park somewhere during the day and then move my car whenever the lots open...?

I was able to park in the parking behind the venue every time I have gone there for a concert (I have arrived there in early afternoon). Haven't been there in the morning but I imagine less spots available due to classes going on. I haven't parked in the morning time but am gonna try and if not I will park across the street somewhere and then move my car into the lot if needed.

As far as food, I am not sure where. I know that you can get food of some kind.. You will have to ask around or maybe call the venue at some point close to the date.

I was able to park in the parking behind the venue every time I have gone there for a concert (I have arrived there in early afternoon). Haven't been there in the morning but I imagine less spots available due to classes going on. I haven't parked in the morning time but am gonna try and if not I will park across the street somewhere and then move my car into the lot if needed.

So is the lot ok to park in even if you don't have a decal for the school? :unsure:

As far as food, I am not sure where. I know that you can get food of some kind.. You will have to ask around or maybe call the venue at some point close to the date.

ahh, thanks :) I'll see if I can scope anything out online :shifty:

In my delerium of being snowed in with my kids for several days, I invited my daughter's best friend for a play date. What is the first thing my kids want to do with her? "Hey, have you seen HAARP? It is awesome!" There friend: "No, I listen to Hannah Montana and Jonas Brothers." My kids: "Well, you better start listening to MUSE, they are waaay better!" ROTFLOL! I love my kids! :D

As for the "mugging" comment, no, this venue isn't that kind of place, as I too have experiences at The Patriot Center, but I am a strong proponent of women always empowering themselves to never be a victim of a crime. Why lug purses and other items of temptation? Besides, when you get knocked around in GA, you don't won't be poked and prodded by your belongings.

In my delerium of being snowed in with my kids for several days, I invited my daughter's best friend for a play date. What is the first thing my kids want to do with her? "Hey, have you seen HAARP? It is awesome!" There friend: "No, I listen to Hannah Montana and Jonas Brothers." My kids: "Well, you better start listening to MUSE, they are waaay better!" ROTFLOL! I love my kids! :D

^^^Oops, total quote fail!

Oh your kids sound so cool! Mine are like 'Are you EVER gonna stop listening to Muse?' :rolleyes:

I'm like 'Aww come on, guys, you have to admit they're awesome!' :awesome:

They're like, 'Uuuhhh, not so much!':eek:

Archived