Which song would you most like to hear?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Which song would you most like to hear?

• Bliss
    • Muscle Museum
    • Sunburn
    • Butterflies and Hurricanes
    • Showbiz
    • Take a Bow
    • Blackout
    • I Belong To You
    • Space Dementia

Yep, went to a show there in 2004 (I think...maybe 2005?).

Nice, medium-sized venue that looked to hold around 12-15,000 give or take.

Only downside being that it's about 30 miles outside of downtown Atlanta in the northern suburbs...said suburbs filled to the brim with wealthy yuppies of the Republican religious right persuasion. :erm:

Personally, I'm still holding out for a North Carolina show, rather than have to make yet another Atlanta trek to see bands I like.

I live there and I'm not Republican. It's easily accessable from the interstate (85), so that's what's important for travelers. I hope the acoustics are decent. The GA Dome I thought was kinda crappy.

I live there and I'm not Republican.

Well thank goodness! :LOL:

I saw R.E.M. play there right after the 2004 Vote for Change tour, and I had never seen a crowd so hostile and obnoxious.

It was as if half the place bought tickets simply for the purposes of heckling and being disruptive. :indiff:

Well thank goodness! :LOL:

I saw R.E.M. play there right after the 2004 Vote for Change tour, and I had never seen a crowd so hostile and obnoxious.

It was as if half the place bought tickets simply for the purposes of heckling and being disruptive. :indiff:

Ugh, that sucks, and it's rather surprising. REM fans I would think to be rather nice. After reading about some of the douche bag behavior at the recent Muse gigs in Europe, I'm starting to have 2nd thoughts about getting GA tickets. I don't mind a bit of jostling, but I don't want to get pummeled and have my glasses broken! :erm: Maybe it's not so bad if you're to the side.

Silversun Pickups opening?! I love them!! I almost went to see them play last week!! I'm so giddy!!!!!!!

I'd never heard of them, but checked them out on MySpace. Pretty good, though! (Alot better than the rumored DIOYY, imo...)

I'd die and go to heaven if it was Biffy, though! *sigh*

blah arenas.

Been to this arena twice. Once for Depeche Mode and last summer for The Cure. They both had seats.

I'll be in the pit. I hate seats and having people shout for you to sit down or shove by for beer runs.

I really hope with Virgina being after ATL they dont skip Florida again.

I still have a hard time imagining people sitting at a Muse gig. Even at the Muse/U2 concert in October, most people were standing for U2, and the crowd was full of old people and dweebs. :LOL:

If I end up getting seats, I'm certainly not sitting. I really want to be close where the action is, but I'm scared....

I still have a hard time imagining people sitting at a Muse gig. Even at the Muse/U2 concert in October, most people were standing for U2, and the crowd was full of old people and dweebs. :LOL:

If I end up getting seats, I'm certainly not sitting. I really want to be close where the action is, but I'm scared....

I dont think they will have seats. Muse fans are not in the same age range as DM & Cure fans. ha.

If you go in the pit go for front row off to the side. The middle is usually where all the shoving/pushing/crowd surfing is.

I'll be down front and I hope to be around Muse fans and not Twilight fans. :D

I don't mind a bit of jostling, but I don't want to get pummeled and have my glasses broken! :erm: Maybe it's not so bad if you're to the side.

Yeah, I'm afraid I'm WAY too old for all the jumping, jostling, pushing and moshing.

(In watching some of the vids of Plug In Baby from the Lisbon show, I'd have probably had a stroke after the first couple of bounces...and if anything, that crowd looked happy and excited rather than moshy and aggressive. :LOL:)

However I definitely do want to be close to the action, so I think I'll be going with the "GA but standing to the side" strategy. Wouldn't want to break a hip after all. :p

Dont need to wait to Monday for the Atlanta announcement.

on 99x.com. They really wanted to beat the other station. yay!

154a88y.jpg

So make sure whoever listens posts ASAP!

So I wonder if they're still saying anything we don't already know about at 5:00? This picture on their website doesn't say the thing about an announcement anymore. I guess I'll listen, just in case! I really want to hear about muse.mu's pre-sale info! C'mon Muse, get with the program! :p

Edit: Oh, and thanks PP and MC for info on standing. I think that sounds good, trying to stay to the side a bit. The idea of a real mosh pit situation at a Muse gig is laughable anyway, but whatever... I'm not as young and scrappy as I used to be, lol...

I'd never heard of them, but checked them out on MySpace. Pretty good, though! (Alot better than the rumored DIOYY, imo...)

I'd die and go to heaven if it was Biffy, though! *sigh*

Be sure to check out their song Panic Switch. It's great. I think they're on poladia later tonight.

from 99x.com

Win tickets to Muse and Silversun Pickups

Muse and Silversun Pickups are headed to town February 27, 2010 to The Arena at Gwinnett. Next week, we'll be giving out tickets every day with Lewis at 1:30p and Kinard at 4:30p. We'll also have an exclusive presale Friday 12/11 from 10a-10p. More details to follow soon on the presale!

:awesome: We got the info before 5!!! I just got home, was hoping there was good news waiting for me. :D

Of course, tickets go on sale the day we are out of town. Our hotel better not have iffy internet service!!! I wonder if Muse.mu will have presale this time? If so we will be able to buy tickets the day before or so.

I dont think they will have seats. Muse fans are not in the same age range as DM & Cure fans. ha.

If you go in the pit go for front row off to the side. The middle is usually where all the shoving/pushing/crowd surfing is.

I'll be down front and I hope to be around Muse fans and not Twilight fans. :D

when you say down front, you do mean front front, not side front. otherwise i'm leaving YOU in the DUST! :LOL:

:awesome: We got the info before 5!!! I just got home, was hoping there was good news waiting for me. :D

Of course, tickets go on sale the day we are out of town. Our hotel better not have iffy internet service!!! I wonder if Muse.mu will have presale this time? If so we will be able to buy tickets the day before or so.

That's what I'm hoping for since I'llbe working Friday. Hopefully if I mention it today my boss will let me get on the internet and but tickets. She's a concert junkie too :)

I liked their episode of Unplugged. :)

:D For me, them opening is like winning the lottery. I just sent my friend their stuff last week going on about how great they are. They're also up for a Grammy as best new artist or something against Phoenix and MGMT. ... LOL I'm actually going on about the opening band when I'M GOING TO SEE MUSE!!!!

from 99x.com

Win tickets to Muse and Silversun Pickups

Muse and Silversun Pickups are headed to town February 27, 2010 to The Arena at Gwinnett. Next week, we'll be giving out tickets every day with Lewis at 1:30p and Kinard at 4:30p. We'll also have an exclusive presale Friday 12/11 from 10a-10p. More details to follow soon on the presale!

Well heck, they BETTER give presale to the people who are members of this site first! I don't want to be competing with every shmuck in Atlanta to get tickets to this thing:eek:. And no way am I trying to win tickets. I have a personal rule never to talk on the phone while driving, especially not in a dial-tastic-holy-crap-I-have-to-get-tickets-right-now-OMG kinda way.

Well heck, they BETTER give presale to the people who are members of this site first! I don't want to be competing with every shmuck in Atlanta to get tickets to this thing:eek:. And no way am I trying to win tickets. I have a personal rule never to talk on the phone while driving, especially not in a dial-tastic-holy-crap-I-have-to-get-tickets-right-now-OMG kinda way.

Wait....so, I'm confused. :$ Are they releasing the tour dates today? :eek:

PS.......SILVERSUN PICKUPS. :D This will be the greatest gig I've ever been to. Past and future-wise (EXCEPT WEMBLEY)

Rebecca, there will be a presale on Friday the 12th thru 99x.

Rebecca, there will be a presale on Friday the 12th thru 99x.

Hi Gina! Welcome to the board. :D I'm wondering what kind of sale 99X will have. Well, since I'm buying GA floor, I don't have to worry about seats, so that's one relief. I'll have to buy 3 or 4 tickets though, ouch.

Well, they didn't tell us anything we didn't already know on 99x at 5:00. I wish muse.mu would tell us something about presales! I deffos think we should have a shot before the 11th! But now it's Friday and I guess we won't hear anything from Muse mgmt. until next week. *sigh* I can tell the next few days will be nerve-racking.

Lots of this: :awesome::vomit::dance::awesome::viking: Well, maybe not :viking:. I just like that smilie.

Well, they didn't tell us anything we didn't already know on 99x at 5:00. I wish muse.mu would tell us something about presales! I deffos think we should have a shot before the 11th! But now it's Friday and I guess we won't hear anything from Muse mgmt. until next week. *sigh* I can tell the next few days will be nerve-racking.

Lots of this: :awesome::vomit::dance::awesome::viking: Well, maybe not :viking:. I just like that smilie.

I think they should just show us the friggin' dates. :happy:

The viking smilie is just :awesome:

Archived