Which song would you most like to hear?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Which song would you most like to hear?

• Bliss
    • Muscle Museum
    • Sunburn
    • Butterflies and Hurricanes
    • Showbiz
    • Take a Bow
    • Blackout
    • I Belong To You
    • Space Dementia

Muse will be headlining at The Arena at Gwinnett Center on Saturday February 27th, 2010 at 7:30pm. Silversun Pickups will be opening & doors open at 6pm.

PLAY BLISS!!! ... or Citizen Erased or Fury... -- The People of Atlanta

--For those who will be riding the Sexy Plane here is an incomplete list of people you can follow on twitter. PM me if you would like your name added to this list.

You can also follow us on this list http://twitter.com/#list/zaireeka20/sexy-plane

Twitter names in bold:

zaireeka20 AKA (chapel)

TracyInNC AKA (Erindal)

beccar00 AKA (Sofiya)

lissap411 AKA (Missy411)

curie AKA (Madam Curie)

andres3thousand AKA (arod77)

hcat78 AKA (HCat78)

jaimearodriguez AKA (jaimearodriguez)

MUSEikCHICK AKA (hollmill42)

aznaryl AKA (aznaryl)

paemchem1 AKA (paemchen)

violetjohnson39 AKA (furygirl) AKA (musemom)

sf0 or (updated) sfokane AKA (stiofan)

liliananyappy AKA (kidabc)

amberofcourse AKA (amber)

skye425 AKA (sky425)

museisbliss10 AKA (museisbliss)

church0117 AKA (church)

Using twitter will also be helpful after the show for those of us hoping to "run into" the guys afterwards. If any of us find them then we can tweet their location and all run there (arms flailing) and get those awesome facebook pics we so long for!

--If you are in need of a ticket or are selling a ticket PM me and I'll post it here:

1 GA Ticket wanted-- Contact DreamOutLoud

Ticket for sale! -- Section 105 Seat F15 Face value --- Contact Natalia

Two Seated Tickets Wanted-- Contact WhittWhitt

For original postings click here:

It hasn't been officially confirmed, and by that I mean Muse hasn't said anything yet, but I'm pretty positive that Muse will be in Atlanta on February 27th, 2010!!!

According to 96.1 (radio station based in Atlanta) this is the date as confirmed in emails to furygirl and to me.

Updates:

Now posted on 96.1's upcoming shows!

BIG NEWS: 96.1 will have a announcement tonight (December 4) concerning the concert at 5pm eastern time. Anyone in the Atlanta area please tune in and report here!! :D

Even Bigger News

I just emailed someone at 96.1 just to see if I'll get a response. ...

Apparently 2/27/10 is a real date for Atlanta. [/b]The lady at 96.1 emailed me right back w/ the following:

I had asked specifics in my email re: venue and ticket sales, but she didn't address that. Well, I'm putting it on my calendar then!!! :party: This must be one of the first shows; it's a bit early.

Here's the radio station website: http://www.96rock.com/main.html

Just got a reply: The date is correct... that is all I can say at this point.

Another reply: I can confirm the date-other details will be on our website ASAP so keep checking back :)

Ticket Sale information:

Tickets go on sale Saturday December 12th at 10 am and there will be a presale via 99x.com on Thursday December 11th at 10am-10pm. http://99x.com/Contests/WinticketstoMuse/tabid/816/Default.aspx

Tickets cost $48.50+service charges for the entire venue.

Check 96.1 and 99x for more details and back here for updated information.

You can read more about the US Tour on the "Resistance Tour in the US?" thread.

Wooo hooo! :D

I was just at the 96.1 website and Muse are now added to that scrolly thing on the left. Could they have used an older pic? lol

Also, does this channel even play Muse? They look like they are too alternative to be on that channel.

i've never heard Muse on 96.1. They play mostly hard rock/metal. Although, I think some of Muse's songs would fit in quite well. They are played on 99x in Atlanta which is on 97.9. The only song I've heard is uprising. Tho, the hubs says he's heard Newborn and Stockholm, too.

anyway....so excited! We should def. talk about a get together this time!

Such a relief to know for sure now.

Which venue though?

Atlanta has always been a FUN place to see the boys...well the Cotton Club show could have went a little better....

Thanks for emailing the station chapel!

Poor Matt. If I had been living in NC at the time, I would have definitely been at that show.

I do wonder if it's too much to hope for that they would play the Tabernacle again? I was so sad I couldn't make that show in '06 and I missed seeing them in NC in '05 by moving here a month too late. Grrrrr I missed all the smaller venues.

I'm wondering if they only want to do arenas though.

I was just at the 96.1 website and Muse are now added to that scrolly thing on the left. Could they have used an older pic? lol

Yay! I just saw it on the scrolly thing! :awesome:

As far as venues, it seems like one source was saying it would be an "arena tour." So if that's true that would rule out the Tabernacle or Fox. I think Phillips is too big, but who knows. Gwinnett Arena is a good possiblity, or maybe GA Tech arena? I guess places like Chastain or Hi-Fi Buys (Lakewood) are possibilities, but they're considered amphitheaters I guess, not arenas.

I'm gonna be checking that website compulsively! I guess whether or not I get GA depends on the venue. I want to get close, but I also don't want to be crushed, and I'm 5'5", so not tall.... If Phillips, I'll def. go for GA since anywhere in the stands would seem far.

Yay! I just saw it on the scrolly thing! :awesome:

As far as venues, it seems like one source was saying it would be an "arena tour." So if that's true that would rule out the Tabernacle or Fox. I think Phillips is too big, but who knows. Gwinnett Arena is a good possiblity, or maybe GA Tech arena? I guess places like Chastain or Hi-Fi Buys (Lakewood) are possibilities, but they're considered amphitheaters I guess, not arenas.

I'm gonna be checking that website compulsively! I guess whether or not I get GA depends on the venue. I want to get close, but I also don't want to be crushed, and I'm 5'5", so not tall.... If Phillips, I'll def. go for GA since anywhere in the stands would seem far.

I think it depends on the area. College arenas might be good.

Tabernacle is too small now. They had no problem selling it out the last 2 times.

I really loved seeing them there.

I'm only 5"1 so my only option is front. I've been crush many times front for Muse. Never regretted it.

Arenas....wow. I knew this day would come.

I'm 5'4" and claustrophobic, so I feel you guys. lol I tend to do fine on the floor of an arena, it's the small venues where people are packed like sardines that can be scary for me.

They could play the Tabernacle if they really wanted to. lol But yet, I'm sure they want to do their own arena thing now. Maybe in the future they will want to mix in small with the large like some other bands.

I am so very excited, yet SOOO terrified at the thought of somehow not getting tickets! It has kept me checking the site multiple times each day. About how fast does it look like these shows in the U.S. are gonna sell out?

Don't panic, if they are doing arenas especially. I've had no problems getting floor tickets for bands that are more popular here, so don't worry. Also, Muse usually has a fan presale.

Don't stress yet! lol

I am so very excited, yet SOOO terrified at the thought of somehow not getting tickets! It has kept me checking the site multiple times each day. About how fast does it look like these shows in the U.S. are gonna sell out?

Something tells me we'll be the first to know anything, and therefore the first to buy tix.

And I have a hunch they added it to their calendar today because they could already tell by our emails (and my phone messages) that we're a bit over-zealous. :chuckle:

Where would they be performing if both the dome and philips are being used already? I can't think of many venues that could hold Muse in atlanta...:shifty:

I'm quoting myself (see above). :chuckle: I think the Dome and Phillips are too big anyway, esp. the Dome. At least now we can eliminate those two as possibilities.

I'm still giddy as hell!!!! :awesome:

Edit: Okay on further research...

It's not Alexander Memorial coliseum at GA Tech (booked for basketball)

Not Hi-fi Buys (Lakewood) - Tim McGraw

That leaves likely possiblities (neither of these show anything for that date yet):

Fox Theatre

Gwinnett Arena (my guess all along)

Or maybe:

Tabernacle

Civic Center

Chastain

Yah, I'm bored. :erm: And now I'm out of any other ideas.

Also, does this channel even play Muse? They look like they are too alternative to be on that channel.

i went to the website and saw Uprising in their top 20, so yeah, it seems they do play Muse. :D

My god, if this turns out to be true, then I'll driving to Atlanta from Dallas on the 27th.

Thanks to everyone for e-mailing the station in the first place!!

And I'll be riding shotgun :p

How awesome is this!!! We actually have a US date confirmed??? YAY!!!! :dance::dance::dance::dance:

Something tells me we'll be the first to know anything, and therefore the first to buy tix.

And I have a hunch they added it to their calendar today because they could already tell by our emails (and my phone messages) that we're a bit over-zealous. :chuckle:

And How Freakin Excited are YOU about this????? LUCKY GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm quoting myself (see above). :chuckle: I think the Dome and Phillips are too big anyway, esp. the Dome. At least now we can eliminate those two as possibilities.

I'm still giddy as hell!!!! :awesome:

Edit: Okay on further research...

It's not Alexander Memorial coliseum at GA Tech (booked for basketball)

Not Hi-fi Buys (Lakewood) - Tim McGraw

That leaves likely possibilities (neither of these show anything for that date yet):

Fox Theatre

Gwinnett Arena (my guess all along)

Or maybe:

Tabernacle

Civic Center

Chastain

Yah, I'm bored. :erm: And now I'm out of any other ideas.

Yay for the detective work. :) I bet it does end up being Gwinnett. They can use their full stage setup.

i went to the website and saw Uprising in their top 20, so yeah, it seems they do play Muse. :D

:D

Maybe North American tour dates are getting ready to be posted.

My god, if this turns out to be true, then I'll driving to Atlanta from Dallas on the 27th.

Thanks to everyone for e-mailing the station in the first place!!

Will you still drive to Atlanta if they announce TX dates? I just know how long that drive is, ugh. lol

I don't listen to the radio, but my friend who listens to it at work called me up and told me earlier today that they said twice on the radio(Project 9-6-1?) that Muse would be playing at The Tabernacle.

I hope this is true. The Tabernacle has been the highest quality sound of any venue I've been to around Atlanta. I love that place.

Either way at least we know they aren't playing at the Dome or Philips. The sound there is horrendous. I saw Muse with U2 at the Dome and my friend and I had to leave shortly into U2's set because we couldn't stand the terrible sound grating on our ears. And that's not an insult to U2, I don't mind them.

Archived