Which song would you most like to hear?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Which song would you most like to hear?

• Bliss
    • Muscle Museum
    • Sunburn
    • Butterflies and Hurricanes
    • Showbiz
    • Take a Bow
    • Blackout
    • I Belong To You
    • Space Dementia

I don't listen to the radio, but my friend who listens to it at work called me up and told me earlier today that they said twice on the radio(Project 9-6-1?) that Muse would be playing at The Tabernacle.

I hope this is true. The Tabernacle has been the highest quality sound of any venue I've been to around Atlanta. I love that place.

I'd love to see them at the Tabernacle. I love that venue also. :)

Will you still drive to Atlanta if they announce TX dates? I just know how long that drive is, ugh. lol

I will. I was actually planning to be visiting anything within 600-700 miles from Dallas. Atlanta is just a little bit further. I have a nagging feeling that they might skip TX this time -- doesn't seem to be their favorite place to visit!

I don't mind the drive, since I am terrified of flying... :$

Tabernacle?! Now I'm scared. It's hard to get tickets for big acts there due to size and GA floor is very small! But it would also me incredible!! I've seen a bunch of shows there this year and the sound and size is amazing if you can work it to your advantage. And I have three friends who want to go! Two years ago none of my friends knew who Muse was. .. besides the ones I was converting. :D

What would be funny is Chastain with tables set up. Drinking wine, being classy, listening to Stockholme Syndrome...

I don't listen to the radio, but my friend who listens to it at work called me up and told me earlier today that they said twice on the radio(Project 9-6-1?) that Muse would be playing at The Tabernacle.

I hope this is true. The Tabernacle has been the highest quality sound of any venue I've been to around Atlanta. I love that place.

Either way at least we know they aren't playing at the Dome or Philips. The sound there is horrendous. I saw Muse with U2 at the Dome and my friend and I had to leave shortly into U2's set because we couldn't stand the terrible sound grating on our ears. And that's not an insult to U2, I don't mind them.

Tabernacle?! Now I'm scared. It's hard to get tickets for big acts there due to size and GA floor is very small! But it would also me incredible!! I've seen a bunch of shows there this year and the sound and size is amazing if you can work it to your advantage. And I have three friends who want to go! Two years ago none of my friends knew who Muse was. .. besides the ones I was converting. :D

What would be funny is Chastain with tables set up. Drinking wine, being classy, listening to Stockholme Syndrome...

Tabernacle! :eek: Yeah, now I'm nervous about getting tickets..... And arena tour, my ass. They can't fit their towers on that stage, can they??

Chapel, is it all GA except for balcony? It looks like a place where it would be easy to get trampled. :erm: So no, I've not been. For gigs I seem to end up at really huge places or really small places.

I will. I was actually planning to be visiting anything within 600-700 miles from Dallas. Atlanta is just a little bit further. I have a nagging feeling that they might skip TX this time -- doesn't seem to be their favorite place to visit!

I don't mind the drive, since I am terrified of flying... :$

I remember Matt saying in an interview they were playing TX, deffos Austin, but probably other places too.

Tabernacle! :eek: Yeah, now I'm nervous about getting tickets..... And arena tour, my ass. They can't fit their towers on that stage, can they??

Chapel, is it all GA except for balcony? It looks like a place where it would be easy to get trampled. :erm: So no, I've not been. For gigs I seem to end up at really huge places or really small places.

It's ALL GA including balcony which actually gives a possibly better view but the energy is always low up there since the seats are arranged in a way that makes psycho dancing difficult. But you could def. enjoy the show up there. And the stage is big not big enough for the towers. Which is dissapointing and exciting at the same time. I bet they'll do a arena show in NC or TN that we can all go to as well. You do get trampled there. The crowd always tries to get really close to the stage and I don't think they limit floor seating- more like if you can find a inch to stand go there. I'm always real beat up when I leave there but I'm a small thing who likes front row so it's expected. Think of your bruises as battle scars. :)

Well, if it's all GA then at least I don't need to make any decisions about what ticket to get! But yeah, makes me a little nervous since it seems like the whole floor area is flat and not sloped at all. I've seen a few mosh pits in my time, so I guess I can survive! And I'm usually a master at weaseling through a crowd, esp. if I'm solo. In a polite way, of course. :)

Well, if it's all GA then at least I don't need to make any decisions about what ticket to get! But yeah, makes me a little nervous since it seems like the whole floor area is flat and not sloped at all. I've seen a few mosh pits in my time, so I guess I can survive! And I'm usually a master at weaseling through a crowd, esp. if I'm solo. In a polite way, of course. :)

I'm really short and never have had a bad view there. If you can't see just go to the first balcony which is really close to the stage. Honestly, Muse fans can psycho dance anywhere so it might even have great energy for this show.

I remember Matt saying in an interview they were playing TX, deffos Austin, but probably other places too.

You know, you are right! I have heard him promise Austin -- that'd be out of this world!

Thanks for reminding me, I think I even have that interview on mp3. *goes to look for it*

They always tour TX though right? :)

The Tabernacle does have a sloping floor, but if you have someone tall in front of you, it doesn't matter. lol I've stood at the sound booth and still had a good view.

Most concerts there are all general admission. There is a section of seats upstairs that are for reserved VIPs only and sometimes another section for radio station winners. If you want to get a good seat, get in line early and make your way up to the balcony and claim your seat first.

You can view some Muse clips from the Tabernacle on Youtube. I don't remember there being any high quality clips, but there are some on there.

The Tabernacle is a good venue if you want to meet an artist. The tour bus has to park right next to the venue. People usually hang out there after shows.

I like that a couple blocks over is a 24 hour restaurant. :)

Thanks rufygirl and chapel! :awesome: I'm not worried anymore (except about getting a ticket :erm:). I'm planning on going solo and definitely getting there early. Hell, maybe I'll spend the whole day there! I guess I shouldn't jump the gun since tix aren't even on sale yet! I'm still shocked that they'd be playing there. And what about the supermassive towers? Well, I'd prefer not to have them anyway, tbh, but the visual effects are so cool.

Here's a cool thing on the Tabernacle website where it shows you views from anywhere in the theater. http://tabernacleatl.com/seating.php

:happy:

They always tour TX though right? :)

The Tabernacle does have a sloping floor, but if you have someone tall in front of you, it doesn't matter. lol I've stood at the sound booth and still had a good view.

Most concerts there are all general admission. There is a section of seats upstairs that are for reserved VIPs only and sometimes another section for radio station winners. If you want to get a good seat, get in line early and make your way up to the balcony and claim your seat first.

You can view some Muse clips from the Tabernacle on Youtube. I don't remember there being any high quality clips, but there are some on there.

The Tabernacle is a good venue if you want to meet an artist. The tour bus has to park right next to the venue. People usually hang out there after shows.

I like that a couple blocks over is a 24 hour restaurant. :)

Thank you rufygirl!!

That really sounds to die for. I'll be going solo as well (like furygirl :D), there's no point in bringing non-Musers along to spoil the experience.

God, this had me so excited since yesterday that I couldn't sleep till 5:00 am this morning! :musesign::dance::musesign:

Yeah, what's with the rumors. And it's weird that 96.1 is the only place anyone has heard ANYTHING at all about the gig.

I emailed 99X and they said they hadn't heard anything yet that they would let me know when they do and then I got another reply asking me which station had announced it. So, maybe 96.1 just got word before everyone else? It seems like 99X should be connected with Muse though.

Okay, I was listening to 961 online and the DJ just announced Muse coming to Atlanta February 27th, more info coming soon. It was good to hear that for myself. Too bad she didn't say which venue. So, maybe whoever heard The Tabernacle mentioned yesterday got it confused with the Alice in Chains mention. She talked about their show right before she talked about Muse.

So, maybe whoever heard The Tabernacle mentioned yesterday got it confused with the Alice in Chains mention. She talked about their show right before she talked about Muse.

A-ha! I bet that's the case. It would make sense. It's so hard not to jump to conclusions!! And I agree it's weird about 99x....

I still doubt it will be The Tabernacle. Their fans numbers has gotten pretty big down here and I can see it selling out in three days max. Possibly one. It is true though that if they play there it's usually really easy to meet the bands since they park right outside. Places they shouldn't play: Chastain Park or Aarons amplitheater. Outside shows feel disconnected. Plus no matter how close you are at Aarons it feels far away.

Well, we're still not positive are we? I was kinda getting excited about that being the venue. :(

BTW, 99x lists Alice In Chains as being 4/25 instead of 2/25. wtf?

No it could still be there but probably isn't since they're too big and love arenas. But Alice in Chains is definitely in February. Goes on sale Friday.

Archived