Which song would you most like to hear?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Which song would you most like to hear?

• Bliss
    • Muscle Museum
    • Sunburn
    • Butterflies and Hurricanes
    • Showbiz
    • Take a Bow
    • Blackout
    • I Belong To You
    • Space Dementia

:LOL: Thank you

I have to ask..... did anyone else end up crying at any point during the show. I realised around the second chorus of Stockholm there was a constant trickle of tears from me.

I didn't have tears streaming down my face or anything, but I definitely misted up a bit several times. I was in such a powerful state of absolute AWE. Not only was I standing before these three amazing musicians playing my favorite songs in the world, but I was in a community of people who were, for the most part, sharing my feelings about them and singing along with such abandon.

Phantom and Twlight? How can one have such good tastes and such bad tastes at the same time?

Sorry, sorry. Shutting off Twilight hatred. Just ignore me.

Trust me...I understand. :rolleyes:

But if it makes it any better (and I actually just found this out after the concert when she tried to explain who Muse was to various people who of course wouldn't have any idea) Stephenie Meyer (the author of the Twilight series) makes a sort of "song list" for each of her books and, apparently, Muse is her favorite band in the entire world. (I just didn't realize that was how my sister got into them.... Kinda adds a layer of lame.... But whatever.) Thus, my sister was motivated to listen to Muse and, apparently, became utterly enthralled by them.

So, regardless of the "Super Massive Shit Hole" that is Twilight, at least Stephenie Meyer seems to have introduced an otherwise clueless American audience to one of the greatest bands ever: Muse.

You know?

I guess that's just another reason why I resisted really caring about Muse before experiencing the ATL concert.

Your posts are making me smile. Welcome to the board :D

Thankee kindly, madam!

I don't always write so eloquently ;) (I reckon schooling doesn't appreciate personality or creativity :facepalm::shifty::mad:), so it must be the inspiration from the concert that has me writing ever so slightly wittily--or maybe I just enjoy a good message board every now-and-then! (Which is to say, Muse fans are great fans! They seem to be a great blend of intelligence and kindness--like an outstanding cocktail! :yesey:)

I couldn't open it because it said my evaluation copy has expired.

I've recently found a freeware program that seems to work really well (after trying out several crappy programs). It's called Peazip.

You can download it here:

http://download.cnet.com/PeaZip/3000-2250_4-10602256.html?tag=mncol

And honestly, you can find all kinds of great free software there (just type in http://www.download.com and it'll take you to the website).

I've recently found a freeware program that seems to work really well (after trying out several crappy programs). It's called Peazip.

You can download it here:

http://download.cnet.com/PeaZip/3000-2250_4-10602256.html?tag=mncol

And honestly, you can find all kinds of great free software there (just type in http://www.download.com and it'll take you to the website).

Yeah. Regardless, the "file could not be found." Still, though, that PeaZip program works well and is easy to use--and it's completely free (unlike WinZip, which is only a trial version).

But if it makes it any better (and I actually just found this out after the concert when she tried to explain who Muse was to various people who of course wouldn't have any idea) Stephenie Meyer (the author of the Twilight series) makes a sort of "song list" for each of her books and, apparently, Muse is her favorite band in the entire world. (I just didn't realize that was how my sister got into them.... Kinda adds a layer of lame.... But whatever.) Thus, my sister was motivated to listen to Muse and, apparently, became utterly enthralled by them.

Oh, I know who the twilight thing connects to Muse. Trust me, we allll know that, and the long your on here the more times you'll find your fellow members lamenting that fact. It just strikes me as funny how someone can like a story as Mature as Phantom and be attracted to the other side of the spectrum.

Does anyone have a video of MotP? I could only find one on YouTube and it was taken by someone in the pit so it's pretty jumpy.

Here's some vid Natalia took, but it's only 1:21... Good, though. (We were right in front of a security dude, so she's couldn't record for long.)

http://erato1.wordpress.com/2010/03/01/muse-live-at-the-gwinnett-arena-in-atlanta-february-27th-2010-video-the-resistance-tour-opening-night/

Here's some vid Natalia took, but it's only 1:21... Good, though. (We were right in front of a security dude, so she's couldn't record for long.)

http://erato1.wordpress.com/2010/03/01/muse-live-at-the-gwinnett-arena-in-atlanta-february-27th-2010-video-the-resistance-tour-opening-night/

Thanks for that! I was only looking on YT and forgot about her videos. They are excellent, as is her blog. :yesey:

So, regardless of the "Super Massive Shit Hole" that is Twilight, at least Stephenie Meyer seems to have introduced an otherwise clueless American audience to one of the greatest bands ever: Muse.

You know?

I guess that's just another reason why I resisted really caring about Muse before experiencing the ATL concert.

Well, I'm glad you came around. :D

I first heard about Stephenie and Twilight on this message board. I think someone posted about her in 2006 in the media section, about how she thanked Muse in her book.

I think there are quite a few fans here that were introduced to Muse this way. I don't think it matters how you are introduced to the band, you are either going to like/love them or not. :)

Thank you!!

I pwomise to record for longer next time!

I am so sorry that I didn't do it at Gwinnett. :'( :'( :'(

I wish I was going to another show. :(

I was tempted to book a flight to Vegas, it would be a little vaca for hubby and I and get to see Muse again. My husband still hasn't been able to see them. Buuut, I'm hoping they really are going to announce some dates later and hopefully one of those is on a weekend and drivable. lol I'm trying to be patient...

I wish I was going to another show. :(

I was tempted to book a flight to Vegas, it would be a little vaca for hubby and I and get to see Muse again. My husband still hasn't been able to see them. Buuut, I'm hoping they really are going to announce some dates later and hopefully one of those is on a weekend and drivable. lol I'm trying to be patient...

I have family in Vegas and was thinking of doing the same thing but like you, I'm hoping for a fall date. C'mon Raleigh!

I am in the process of ripping the audio from the live recordings from the Atlanta gig. Is it possible/legal to post them on here once I finish?

I'm not sure. Maybe poke around on the Bootlegs section (subforum of Gigs/Tours) and see what other people have done. You could always put them on Muselive and give us the link. They have to be validated/approved on Muselive and am not sure how long that takes. Maybe someone else will have better info.

Thanks for doing that! I look forward to hearing them! :)

I have family in Vegas and was thinking of doing the same thing but like you, I'm hoping for a fall date. C'mon Raleigh!

Here's hoping. :) If that FL date does happen and it's doable, I'm there.

I am in the process of ripping the audio from the live recordings from the Atlanta gig. Is it possible/legal to post them on here once I finish?

Awesome :) I remember downloading the Patriot Center audio on this message board in 2007.

Archived