Battle of the songs: Starlight vs Supermassive black hole

Apocalypse plz

What one?  

410 members have voted

1. 1. What one?

• Starlight
    • Supermassive Black Hole

All I’m trying to do is defend Muse (reputation), I don’t care if you think I’m wrong or not, it’s what I believe. I like living in my city of delusion.

But nobody's slating Muse's reputation (in this instance anyway). All we're doing is stating a fact. Muse are a pop band, signed to a major label, with multi-platinum albums.

All I’m trying to do is defend Muse (reputation), I don’t care if you think I’m wrong or not, it’s what I believe. I like living in my city of delusion.

Reputation. And what's wrong with having pop songs? I don't get it. Just because you're the same genre as, say, Lady Gaga, doesn't mean you're the same quality as her. Just like Muse as rock aren't the same as Nickelback (also rock).

Seriously, pop is alright.

Edit: First sentence makes no sense. Its 4 am.

You're telling me that no one cares what I say. How do you think people will react to you when you ignore what they say and just keep on repeating things even after people have proven you wrong?

The tags I see Muse under is alternative rock, rock, alternative, progressive rock, indie, new prog and space rock. I wouldn’t call Muse pop (personally soeaking).

Rock = pop. Muse are, of course, a rock band who play pop songs. Muse do have some progressive songs, they're not technically a prog rock band. They're definitely NOT indie, not in the technical definition nor even the accepted general 'genre' of indie that has formed over the years. Space and alternative, yeah I'll give 'em that. But they still play pop songs.

Erm no they are not pop, all those shit boy and girl bands are pop. Muse are rock/alternative, so please get your facts right. Before you put Muse in the same category as Take Shat and Girls Aloud.

I'm not going argue with a man child, don't you know there are different genres besides pop???

Muse DO NOT fall into the pop category, they are rock. If you have seen Muse live, you will know why.

:LOL: Hilarious.

I LIKE COOL MUSIC WIV GITARZ IN NOT SYNTHS AND BORING BEATS AND DANCE ROUTINES LOL ANYFINK THAT HAS FAKE DRUMS IS POP AND POP IS SHITE YUCK I HATE DANCE MUSIC TOO, ERRR. ROCK IS THE ONLY MUSIC THAT ROCKS HOW DARE YOU SAY MY MUSIC IS POP MUSIC I'M FAR TOO COOL TO LIKE POP MUSIC

So Radiohead are pop are they, Rage Against The Machine are pop are they?? Dam no it all’s. You have to be rite don’t you. I think you’re the only ones who think this. Me and a friend have asked loads of people on FB about it and they all say Muse are Rock and in no way are they related to Pop.

Yes, Radiohead do indeed have a few pop albums. Rage could indeed be called pop. They play pop songs. Their songs have pop structures. Verse, chorus, pop structures. Simple melody, rhythm, structure... pop. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Song_structure_(popular_music) Muse have loads of great pop songs and you just sound not only like a childish wannabe music snob, but a total dumbass when you insist otherwise.

You're all hilarious and you're not the first to come waltzing in here thinking you're in some kind of special club because you hate Girls Aloud and like guitars. Muse are a hugely popular stadium rock band, not avant-garde elitists who only play music with spoons and 6/23 timings. They aren't special unique flowers and you're not special unique flowers for listening to them.

Listen guys, I'm happy to do this all night. But if you want to drop it all now its up to you.

You'd be happy to ignore all the posts pointing to the facts. And I'll be happy to correct you every time. Maybe I won't even have to write anything, I just copy what I said the last time, since you aren't even reading.

Mmmhmm. I always lol when people call them prog. Unfortunately a verse-chorus pop song with a massive riff orgy at the end =/= progressive. :LOL:

Citizen Erased and Exogenesis is so different!!! It's progressive space-rock with metal influences at its best.

You'd be happy to ignore all the posts pointing to the facts. And I'll be happy to correct you every time. Maybe I won't even have to write anything, I just copy what I said the last time, since you aren't even reading.

Do you remember hours ago I wrote “I’m very arrogant” well you seeing it. Deal with it. And I’d be happy to do that spend all night on here. BRING IT ONNNNN. We can make a game of it and call it copy paste copy paste.

Do you remember hours ago I wrote “I’m very arrogant” well you seeing it. Deal with it. And I’d be happy to do that spend all night on here. BRING IT ONNNNN. We can make a game of it and call it copy paste copy paste.

Well, at least you're admitting it. I guess that makes it more okay.

Dear, this is why the Quote and Multi-Quote buttons exist

:happy:

Muse are Widdly-Widdly AlienLOL Rock

Erm no they are not pop, all those shit boy and girl bands are pop. Muse are rock/alternative, so please get your facts right. Before you put Muse in the same category as Take Shat and Girls Aloud.

Ah you're making the classic rookie error of assuming pop to be an umbrella term for manufactured music.

Pretty much anything with chart success is pop music. The whole ' we're like so alternative, our music is crap but because no one likes it's so good because we're like so alternative' arguement is stupid anyway.

Muse have pop songs, they have chart success. They're not exactly difficult to listen to. Therefore, yes muse are pop. They're not manufactured pop, there's the difference.

although, recent single choices, seriously Muse?

Ah you're making the classic rookie error of assuming pop to be an umbrella term for manufactured music.

Pretty much anything with chart success is pop music. The whole ' we're like so alternative, our music is crap but because no one likes it's so good because we're like so alternative' arguement is stupid anyway.

Muse have pop songs, they have chart success. They're not exactly difficult to listen to. Therefore, yes muse are pop. They're not manufactured pop, there's the difference.

although, recent single choices, seriously Muse?

:yesey:

Argh the singles are always poor choices.

Archived