Battle of the songs: Starlight vs Supermassive black hole

Apocalypse plz

What one?  

410 members have voted

1. 1. What one?

• Starlight
    • Supermassive Black Hole

Erm no they are not pop, all those shit boy and girl bands are pop. Muse are rock/alternative, so please get your facts right. Before you put Muse in the same category as Take Shat and Girls Aloud.

Get used to it, fanboy, your precious band are pop. Pretty much any music that has made the charts in any capacity is pop by definition.

Get used to it, fanboy, your precious band are pop. Pretty much any music that has made the charts in any capacity is pop by definition.

I'm not going argue with a man child, don't you know there are different genres besides pop???

Muse DO NOT fall into the pop category, they are rock. If you have seen Muse live, you will know why.

I'm not going argue with a man child, don't you know there are different genres besides pop???

Muse DO NOT fall into the pop category, they are rock. If you have seen Muse live, you will know why.

Wow, the ignorance is just mind blowing.

A band can be both rock and pop. Did you even read the link that you were given? You don't have any idea what pop is, do you?

And Muse live, you mean the band who plays Guiding Light, Feeling Good, Neutron Star Collision, Supermassive Black Hole, Starlight, Time Is Running Out and Undisclosed Desires?

Oh, I forgot. Unintended, Resistance and occasionally I Belong To You, Bliss and Soldiers Poem.

So Radiohead are pop are they, Rage Against The Machine are pop are they?? Dam no it all’s. You have to be rite don’t you. I think you’re the only ones who think this. Me and a friend have asked loads of people on FB about it and they all say Muse are Rock and in no way are they related to Pop.

A band can be both rock and pop. Did you even read the link that you were given? You don't have any idea what pop is, do you?

And Muse live, you mean the band who plays Guiding Light, Feeling Good, Neutron Star Collision, Supermassive Black Hole, Starlight, Time Is Running Out and Undisclosed Desires?

Oh, I forgot. Unintended, Resistance and occasionally I Belong To You, Bliss and Soldiers Poem.

But the also play Stockholm Syndrome, Citizen Erased, Bliss, New Born, Plug In Baby, Knights of Cydonia, Hysteria, MK Ultra and Take A Bow.

Pop is the likes of lady gaga, justin bieber and all that manufactured shite.

MUSE ARE ROCK, SO DEAL WITH IT!!!!

You don't deserve to call yourself a Muse fan, every Muse fan i know says they are rock.

So Radiohead are pop are they, Rage Against The Machine are pop are they?? Dam no it all’s. You have to be rite don’t you. I think you’re the only ones who think this. Me and a friend have asked loads of people on FB about it and they all say Muse are Rock and in no way are they related to Pop.

I don't really agree on the point that music is pop just because it's popular. But you can't deny that Muse is pop. And still, you seem to be missing the point time and time again. Just because they are rock doesn't mean they can't be pop. They are very commercial and have a lot of pop songs. Yes they have songs like Micro Cuts, Megalomania and Showbiz, but what do they actually PLAY? Songs like those I mentioned before is the answer, and those are all pop.

It's so true but Bliss doesn't belong in that set of songs, it's too good compared to the others :(

Just read the bloody link, if they're popular, they're pop. :rolleyes:

Last time I checked, Muse were one of the biggest bands in the UK. ;)

But the also play Stockholm Syndrome, Citizen Erased, Bliss, New Born, Plug In Baby, Knights of Cydonia, Hysteria, MK Ultra and Take A Bow.

You don't deserve to call yourself a Muse fan, every Muse fan i know says they are rock.

Don't you dare come to me with "you're not a real fan"

You have no idea what pop means, get over yourself.

"every Muse fan i know". Oh don't you sound special.

But which get played on the radio and that the majority of people would know?

Lady Gaga is brilliant and puts on better live show than Muse.

You have no right to say who is a Muse fan and who isn't.

Exactly!!

"Lady Gaga is brilliant and puts on better live show than Muse." I think your on the wrong website here. Hop over to the land of POP. And take you Paramore loving, Manic Street Preachers loving Kent loving friends with you.

Exactly

...NO ONE IS SAYING THAT THEY AREN'T ROCK.

Did it get in this time?

You for one based your opinion on what lastfm said, I'm sure there are other equally stupid people out there.

"Pop rock is a mix of pop and rock music using a catchy pop style with light lyrics, and (typically) guitar-based songs. There are varying definitions of the term, ranging from a slower and mellower form of rock music to a subgenre of pop music."

Archived