Battle of the songs: Starlight vs Supermassive black hole

Apocalypse plz

What one?  

410 members have voted

1. 1. What one?

• Starlight
    • Supermassive Black Hole

The problem here is that people have expressed their opinions again.

Well, a genre isn't really a matter of opinion.

"Pop rock is a mix of pop and rock music using a catchy pop style with light lyrics, and (typically) guitar-based songs. There are varying definitions of the term, ranging from a slower and mellower form of rock music to a subgenre of pop music."

That description fits for at least 20-30 Muse songs, and probably a lot more.

Exactly!!

"Lady Gaga is brilliant and puts on better live show than Muse." I think your on the wrong website here. Hop over to the land of POP. And take you Paramore loving, Manic Street Preachers loving Kent loving friends with you.

I think you should head over to the land of having an opinion. I love the way you list bands that if asked I'm pretty sure the general public would be able to name more Muse songs than either of those two bands...

The problem here is that people have expressed their opinions again.

Nah the problem is people being rude.

Exactly!!

"Lady Gaga is brilliant and puts on better live show than Muse." I think your on the wrong website here. Hop over to the land of POP. And take you Paramore loving, Manic Street Preachers loving Kent loving friends with you.

I'm sorry? Is this a competition about who listens to the most obscure music? Because I have to tell you, none of your favorite bands are especially underground.

Why do you care so much if music is commercial?

Serious beef, get back to banter before you get dragged in or killed.

That was quite funny for you Sippe. When I say/think of the word POP I think of the general public who listen to music when they feel like it (again I’m being a stereotype), but come on, can you really see the popular people staying in on a Friday night playing Muse?

That was quite funny for you Sippe. When I say/think of the word POP I think of the general public who listen to music when they feel like it (again I’m being a stereotype), but come on, can you really see the popular people staying in on a Friday night playing Muse?

I'm sorry but what are you on about? :LOL:

Yes. You seem to have missed out on the last 5 years or so, during which time Muse became one of the biggest and most mainstream bands in the world.

"I think of the general public who listen to music when they feel like it"

Why would you listen to music if you DON'T feel like it? Is that what being a music fan is? Listening to music despite not wanting to?

Um, yes? My neighbours had a party last week and played a whole bunch of Muse along with Gaga, JT, Ke$ha... wanted them to shut up with the Muse tbh.

Muse are alternative rock/pop. They have some rock songs, they have some pop songs. They are also a popular artist, meaning that they are top 40 ranked and are signed to a major label. There's nothing wrong with liking Muse and mainstream pop music. They are not exclusive. End of.

This is the thing, it’s pretty hard to get a good argument going on here. I think we should all meet up and discuss :D.

Yeah, it's pretty hard when people like you tell people to leave because they like mainstream bands. It's especially hard to take you seriously when you listen to things like Fightstar, RHCP and Blur.

EDIT: olol, forgot Muse.

Yes. You seem to have missed out on the last 5 years or so, during which time Muse became one of the biggest and most mainstream bands in the world.

"I think of the general public who listen to music when they feel like it"

Why would you listen to music if you DON'T feel like it? Is that what being a music fan is? Listening to music despite not wanting to?

Thanks for putting my quote as your signature, i feel so honoured.

Archived