Battle of the songs: Starlight vs Supermassive black hole

Apocalypse plz

What one?  

410 members have voted

1. 1. What one?

• Starlight
    • Supermassive Black Hole

Starlight is a beautiful song in my opinion, but something about SMBH just clicks in my mind; the guitar tones during the verses, the bass line in the chorus, the vocal harmonies during "Patience melting...etc", and then just the fact that every time it hits a brake, it's just so great when it slams back into the beat (I.e. "like a supah' massive (pause) BLACK HOLE (GO!) hahaha).

Starlight is a beautiful song in my opinion, but something about SMBH just clicks in my mind; the guitar tones during the verses, the bass line in the chorus, the vocal harmonies during "Patience melting...etc", and then just the fact that every time it hits a brake, it's just so great when it slams back into the beat (I.e. "like a supah' massive (pause) BLACK HOLE (GO!) hahaha).

*Glaciers melting :p

These two songs are totally incomparable. Starlight isn't something special musically, its main piano theme is extremely simple as well as drumming and bassline. The song all about emotion and should be compared to songs like resistance or perhaps FAWY.

SMBH on the other side is all about funky sound&feel and is more comparable to stuff like UD imho.

I voted SMBH, but I tend to have some cheesy moments when starlight fits the mood perfectly. :unsure:

Archived