1 member has voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite member of Define Tension

• Jorge (Bass)
    • Alex (Drums)
    • Eric (Vocals)
    • Beau (Guitar)
    • Chad (Guitar)

Guest Batman.

I don't personally like 'shredding', and I do agree that it's more difficult to create soulful shredding.. but not impossible.

In GSK's defence, he seems to have grown up in the past 6 months or so. Less going mental at people who criticize him.

He does seem incredibly dedicated, and he's definitely come a long way from his green screen covers.

In GSK's defence, he seems to have grown up in the past 6 months or so. Less going mental at people who criticize him.

He does seem incredibly dedicated, and he's definitely come a long way from his green screen covers.

How do you know be takes criticism better? No one's talked to him for ages :LOL:

I think the whole soul argument is complete bullshit anyway, what difference does it actually make? It's what it sounds like at the end of the day.

That is true, but I really can't enjoy listening to someone who plays a million notes per minute and doesn't really "make sense" with their playing (probably a bad way to put it)

There are certain players that I can listen to without thinking it's a load of nonsense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kQYpZo5vHA

and of course the legendary GSK. But I figure he had all of that rehearsed, had to do several takes, etc.

Guest Batman.
How do you know be takes criticism better? No one's talked to him for ages :LOL:

I was talking to him a few months ago on facebook. I'm guessing he's not got worse again since then :LOL:

The type of shredding which involves someone just trying to play as many notes as they can to make themselves look cool. That's the bad kind of shredding.

GSK in other words.

He hasn't uploaded a video to his youtube channel in 2 months. Last one was a big disappointment anyway...I'm going to keep my eye on his soundcloud though. Maybe even follow him :ninja:

artworks-000013376289-wdfzxz-crop.jpg?53a9ff3

Wish this guy would upload more videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4615ZLKKQI

Guest Batman.
The type of shredding which involves someone just trying to play as many notes as they can to make themselves look cool. That's the bad kind of shredding.

This. It's the type of 'shredding' I don't like when guitarists are concentrating more on the speed and impressiveness, rather that how it sounds.

Archived