United States of Eurasia piano tutorial 1/6

jTc42

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-Mt6mgxHuE

Excuse the awful sound quality, its the crappy Youtube recorder thing, but it should do for now. Piano sounds horribly distorted and wobbley. Try and make sense of it, will re record with different software if I really need to.

Tell me what you want and Ill do my best.

Enjoy!

PS. I will do more as more of the song is unlocked if people want, otherwise theres no point lol

I wonder if we're actually going to get a full cover before the track is released :LOL:

Nice work

Easily. Ill do more tutorials if theres more sections, but Ill definitely have a perfect cover by the time part 6 has been released haha.

Bugger, part 2 has a totally new part. Will learn tomorrow.

If this helps MuseMatt has already transcribed the chords on the other KnT forums.

Something like: Eb, EbMaj7, Eb7, Cm/Eb, Abm , Ab7

Verse - Eb, Abm, Eb, Eb - Abm - Eb , Eb/D, Cm, Ab, Bb, Bdim (or G7), Cm, Adim, Bb

Great idea! :awesome: Problem is, I have a real hard time understanding what you're saying... Sorry :happy: It would be easier if it was written down...

If this helps MuseMatt has already transcribed the chords on the other KnT forums.

Is this only the second part or the two?

EDIT: Nevermind, I have found MuseMatt's thread. :happy:

Quick question:

Shouldn't it be "You and I are the same..." instead of "You and me are the same..."?

My English teacher always gets me...

The rule as I understand it is, that if you are saying "you and I" it must make sense without both parties.

So for example "I must go to the shops" would be "You and I must go to the shops".

However, without the "you and", "I are the same" doesnt makes sense, so "you and me are the same" is the accepted alternative (even though "me are the same" doesn't make sense either).

But I might be wrong.

Here's sheet music to part 1 of United States of Eurasia. Took longer than I thought to make, I'll work on part 2 tomorrow

Mainly I went through jTc42's tutorial and made some guesses, and simplified it a lot, so yes. Simple version of USofE, part 1. Part 2 has very similar parts but does change up a bit so more work to be done tomorrow.

USofEpage1.thumb.jpg.11b54b169256cf94a4facd137660c097.jpg

USofEpage2.thumb.jpg.12321eff124a905872ec98eb02d4f6ff.jpg

Here's sheet music to part 1 of United States of Eurasia. Took longer than I thought to make, I'll work on part 2 tomorrow

Mainly I went through jTc42's tutorial and made some guesses, and simplified it a lot, so yes. Simple version of USofE, part 1. Part 2 has very similar parts but does change up a bit so more work to be done tomorrow.

NICE! Cheers!

Bugger, part 2 has a totally new part. Will learn tomorrow.

It's pretty simple, it works around 2 chords with a bit of ornamenting for taste, then at the end it has the turnaround you hear in the first section of the song.

Arpeggiated a bit as well.

Yay, "done" with part 2! Again, really really simple, none of the embellishments that Matt plays, basically just the chord structure. I hope to add all of the extra stuff later, but for now I'm finished with this part. Let me know if there's anything wrong, or just any errors

USofEpage1.thumb.jpg.6690afe016a0a95d0a44d169ebd2d768.jpg

USofEpage2.thumb.jpg.18f3d454d328963290943dd685fc396b.jpg

• 4 months later...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-Mt6mgxHuE

Excuse the awful sound quality, its the crappy Youtube recorder thing, but it should do for now. Piano sounds horribly distorted and wobbley. Try and make sense of it, will re record with different software if I really need to.

Tell me what you want and Ill do my best.

Enjoy!

PS. I will do more as more of the song is unlocked if people want, otherwise theres no point lol

THAT'S AMAZING! sounds just like the real thing! btw, do you maybe have the sheets?

• 8 months later...
hey,

does anyone know the notes for the piano solo bit in the middle of the song (i can't read sheet music :facepalm::p

Bb, Bb, Bb, Eb, Eb*,

Db, Eb, E Natural, Eb, E Natural, F#, E Natural, Eb,

E Natural, Eb, Db, Eb, Db, B Natural, Db, B Natural, Bb, Ab

B Natural, Bb, Ab, G, Ab, G, E Natural, Eb

Eb*, Eb, Eb, Eb, E Natural, E Natural, F#, F#, E Natural, E Natural, Eb, Eb.

This is just the first phrase/section. Play it in octaves with both hands, and for the "*", I would play the whole chord of Eb (Eb, G, Bb, Eb). Also, as this section is largely descending, the last few "Eb"'s etc are obviously an octave lower than those at the beginning.

Looking back this seems wholly unintelligible. Each paragraph is a phrase (ending where there is a slight pause). If you know the rhythm then listen to the track and use this as a basis?

I do hope this has been of some help ma'am. :)

Bb, Bb, Bb, Eb, Eb*,

Db, Eb, E Natural, Eb, E Natural, F#, E Natural, Eb,

E Natural, Eb, Db, Eb, Db, B Natural, Db, B Natural, Bb, Ab

B Natural, Bb, Ab, G, Ab, G, E Natural, Eb

Eb*, Eb, Eb, Eb, E Natural, E Natural, F#, F#, E Natural, E Natural, Eb, Eb.

This is just the first phrase/section. Play it in octaves with both hands, and for the "*", I would play the whole chord of Eb (Eb, G, Bb, Eb). Also, as this section is largely descending, the last few "Eb"'s etc are obviously an octave lower than those at the beginning.

Looking back this seems wholly unintelligible. Each paragraph is a phrase (ending where there is a slight pause). If you know the rhythm then listen to the track and use this as a basis?

I do hope this has been of some help ma'am. :)

Thank you so much for this :D x

Archived