Your Muse Collection! (And Collecting Questions)

Niall

I got the majority of my stuff from him but he charges too much in general and you'd be better off searching more. Although he is very reliable and trustworthy

Yes, he's reliable, but he buys singles at £2-£3 and sell them for £10-£15....That's not right....look at his feedbacks...

I want to know who got Matt's funky glasses each time he threw them into the crowd on this tour!

L. off this board got them at the Thursday o2 gig

10936_213829974114_768079114_4124862_4865093_n.jpg

me looking like an old woman wearing them :LOL:

i'm going to whore this picture to death...BELLAMYS GLASSES INNIT :D

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs002.snc3/10936_213829974114_768079114_4124862_4865093_n.jpg [/ IMG]

Did Olly get some too? His av looks like theyre that kind of glasses, or are they the same pair as those?

Random 1-8 goes for £60??? Fuck me, I'll keep that in mind if ever I'm short on cash!

I have a load of promo singles from OOS and earlier days, I wonder how much they'd fetch.

I know, crazy innit, lol! You mean the Muse 1-20 promos? Depends really, but tbh they don't sell for too much nowadays. The more 'rare' ones like Cave (Muse 3) or Uno (Muse 1) still go for more than £10, but they're depreciating now.

However, if you have Muse 19 (Hyper Music/Feeling Good promo), Muse 13 (Interview promo), or even Muse 20 (Dead Star/IYW promo), you'll get a nice sum for 'em... Especially Muse 19, it's one of the hardest ones to get hold of, the bugger! lol It sold for just under £30 last time I saw it on le Bay...btw, if you have any of those and you want to sell them... I'd be muchos interested ;)

[/img]

MATT'S HAPPY MEAL GLASSES!!!! :awesome:

I can't be bothered to put my list of stuff in here tbh... one day, with pics ;). It's quite substantial... but it still looks pathetic next to Niall's gargantuan list. I envy him so! :(

Speaking of MUSE19, there's another one going on eBay. Only one bid so far and it's on the last day. :)

The only one I absolutely haven't come across so far is 13. I've been waiting for Showbiz + spanner too, but I know one of them went sometime around September.

Speaking of MUSE19, there's another one going on eBay. Only one bid so far and it's on the last day. :)

The only one I absolutely haven't come across so far is 13.

ORLY? I was just about to do my Muse search on eBay again ... :LOL: *needsalife* :$

I've seen Muse 13 a couple of times... last time it went for something like £16 ... not bad considering it hardly ever makes an appearance... I still kick myself for not bidding! :rolleyes:

OHH and Showbiz + spanner/ OoS + screwdriver drive me insane, too ... they still go for £50 odd. I notice you have screwdriver version... *iz jealous too* :p

ORLY? I was just about to do my Muse search on eBay again ... :LOL: *needsalife* :$

I've seen Muse 13 a couple of times... last time it went for something like £16 ... not bad considering it hardly ever makes an appearance... I still kick myself for not bidding! :rolleyes:

I know the feeling!

Also, I only just missed out on Showbiz since I started collecting at the end of September. Not the same thing, but probably as irritating. :stunned:

I was acting like a big kid when the screwdriver arrived though. Tried it out as soon as it came in the post! :LOL:

I know the feeling!

Also, I only just missed out on Showbiz since I started collecting at the end of September. Not the same thing, but probably as irritating. :stunned:

I was acting like a big kid when the screwdriver arrived though. Tried it out as soon as it came in the post! :LOL:

I soooo would have done the same thing :LOL:! MAAN, I desperately want them :( ... and I'm a weirdo collector, cos I won't bid if it looks remotely used... it ruins the appeal for me, which makes it even harder to find/ bid on one I want :rolleyes:.

Daamn, the dude selling Muse 13 has a lot of good shite... I messaged him to see if there's more to come :LOL:!

I really shouldn't be looking at eBay again... I stopped myself from Muse searching because I got carried away last time and spent too much. And became well acquainted with my overdraft. :facepalm: *closes eBay* lol

I soooo would have done the same thing :LOL:! MAAN, I desperately want them :( ... and I'm a weirdo collector, cos I won't bid if it looks remotely used... it ruins the appeal for me, which makes it even harder to find/ bid on one I want :rolleyes:.

Daamn, the dude selling Muse 13 has a lot of good shite... I messaged him to see if there's more to come :LOL:!

I really shouldn't be looking at eBay again... I stopped myself from Muse searching because I got carried away last time and spent too much. And became well acquainted with my overdraft. :facepalm: *closes eBay* lol

Yeah tell me about it. I promised myself I wouldn't spend any more on eBay stuff this month and here I am bidding on 3, 8 and 10. I think it should be classed as an official disorder. :LOL:

If 13 or Showbiz show up though, then damn the expense!

Yeah tell me about it. I promised myself I wouldn't spend any more on eBay stuff this month and here I am bidding on 3, 8 and 10. I think it should be classed as an official disorder. :LOL:

If 13 or Showbiz show up though, then damn the expense!

I def need to be diagnosed with Museitis / Musyndrome / Muse Nervosa :LOL:

The problem is, there's just waaaaaay too much stuff to get, discography-wise. Just going on MuseWiki makes my eyes hurt with all the stuff there is. I dunno if I can be bothered with things like Acetates at the mo... I'll just stick with good ol' fashioned promos, seeing as I have almost every official release. But STILL, I need to keep a safe distance from eBay before I fall off the wagon again :LOL::facepalm:

I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that I won't be able to get everything because the back catalogue is so vast, but I do have an essentials list. Obviously the rest of the numbered promos, which I want to create my own box for when/ if I get them all (9 will have it's own spiritual place), but also singles for the B-sides and the Muse EP (which has been too expensive recently). The only vinyl singles I'll get for now are ones which have tracks that aren't available on CD.

Still quite a lot of spending in itself, but it'll keep me happy for the time being. :D

I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that I won't be able to get everything because the back catalogue is so vast, but I do have an essentials list. Obviously the rest of the numbered promos, which I want to create my own box for when/ if I get them all (9 will have it's own spiritual place), but also singles for the B-sides and the Muse EP (which has been too expensive recently). The only vinyl singles I'll get for now are ones which have tracks that aren't available on CD.

Still quite a lot of spending in itself, but it'll keep me happy for the time being. :D

Oh yeah, I def have an essentials list... It's too pathetic to mention how ordered my Muse wants/discography buying actually is, but I have an order for it all. As long as I have the majority of UK releases - official and promo (minus the acetate stuff for now), I'll be satisfied for a lil while ;). But there are tons of foreign rares I'd love to get my hands on... some of which the Muse 19 seller dude has up atm!

I've given up hope for Muse 9... the phantom promo :ninja: lol. Ohhh don't get me started on the Muse EP... I spent a ridiculous amount of money on that; it seems cheap now in comparison! :facepalm:

Oh yeah, I def have an essentials list... It's too pathetic to mention how ordered my Muse wants/discography buying actually is, but I have an order for it all. As long as I have the majority of UK releases - official and promo (minus the acetate stuff for now), I'll be satisfied for a lil while ;). But there are tons of foreign rares I'd love to get my hands on... some of which the Muse 19 seller dude has up atm!

I've given up hope for Muse 9... the phantom promo :ninja: lol. Ohhh don't get me started on the Muse EP... I spent a ridiculous amount of money on that; it seems cheap now in comparison! :facepalm:

Yeah he does seem to have a pretty decent list. Probably a fan having a clearout!

For 9 I'm probably going to having something cheesy written in it's place like "there is no spoon 9". At least leaving a space for it will make things easier in the unlikely case that it does exist. :D

The problem with the Muse EP is that sellers are starting the bidding at £150 at the moment. With 9 days to go, it usually ends up going for far more than I'd want to pay. :stunned: Oh well, someday hopefully...

@ anyone who has Random 1-8

How much did you pay for it?

Im thinking of forking out for a copy, i can afford it, i just dont want to have to pay over the odds if i dont have to :erm:

I just saw a bid for one end last week!:( I've been waiting for my 1st commission from work, and for my burfday. Mom asked for a wishlist; I said, "Ok, but you'd have to import everything." She looked :confused:.

The problem with the Muse EP is that sellers are starting the bidding at £150 at the moment. With 9 days to go, it usually ends up going for far more than I'd want to pay. :stunned:

:eek: I had no idea this was the case. I'm starting to see how naive I am when it comes to this stuff. I've really got to do my homework, so I don't keep being disappointed like this. Well, it helps to know I'm not the only one without the Muse EP (for a start).

:eek: I had no idea this was the case. I'm starting to see how naive I am when it comes to this stuff. I've really got to do my homework, so I don't keep being disappointed like this. Well, it helps to know I'm not the only one without the Muse EP (for a start).

It's not always the case, just the last couple of times it's gone up. Most of the time the starting bid is much lower, so don't lose hope yet. :)

Thanks! What about how often it goes up, how many are out there, how many don't re-circulate... can I find out?

About how often it goes up, I've seen it go roughly once a month. Beware of Malaysian fakes though (there's a post about them earlier in the thread).

There are others that know much more about these things than I do, so they'll probably be able to give clearer answers.

What! Thats fuckin crazy

Aye. That's the problem with individual traders on sites like Play and Amazon, with rarer stuff they charge through the roof!

Still, we already know we can get them much cheaper when they appear on eBay.:D

EDIT: So after telling myself I wouldn't get any more promos this month, I just won 3, 8 and 10. Hmm :$

My Collection (been as i've never posted it on this site before)

Albums

Showbiz

Origin Of Symmetry (Digipak & Jewel Case Editions)

Hullabaloo (Digipak & Jewel Case Editions)

Absolution (with making of DVD / + Tour Edition with bonus disc with 6 live tracks)

Black Holes & Revelations (Digipak & Jewel Case Editions)

HAARP (Box Version + Jewel Case)

The Resistance (Limited Box #544)

CD Singles

Uno

Cave (1&2)

Muscle Museum (1&2)

Sunburn (1&2)

Unintended (1&2)

Plug In Baby (1&2)

New Born (1&2)

Bliss (1, 2 & DVD)

Hyper Music